“A relaxing atmosphere and lovely staff”

Fiacri House Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Roscrea
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I visit this restaurant with friends on Saturday and I mainly enjoyed the experience. Located in rural area in a house that i think may have been an old farmhouse the setting and restaurant itself are both lovely. The restaurant itself is just charming, met at reception by a very pleasant member of staff we where brought to the waiting area with a slection of comfortable armchairs and couchs. The waitress took a drinks order and gave us our menus. There was a nice collection of food and a good wine list. She took our order after about ten minutes or so. The atmosphere was very relaxed and cosy. We were the first group there and were seated first and served first. The service was very pleasant and very, very organised. The staff were very attentive without ever being over the top. The owner came out and asked us how we were enjoying our meal.
The starter, sorbet and desert were all just gorgeous but I was a little dissapointed with the main course. The garlic potatoes were mushy and greasy and the fish was a little bland, saying that I gobbled it down. The portions are generous and the petit fours remained untouched because we were stuffed.
After dinner we finished our lovely wine and went out to the waiting area for an after dinner drink which the lovely owner gave us on the house with no fuss.
All in all a lovely experience and a very nice restaurant, the meal was 54 euros which I thought was good value considering the portions and quality (disapointing main course aside).

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I found the food poor to average, food overdone, sauces seemed to be on the over done side too. It is in the middle of now where and expensive.

7  Thank Mollybawn190754
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Have been here a good few times for different occasions and it is always exceptional. Portions are huge so bring an appetite!
Bar & reception area is so welcoming and comfy with fire always lighting.
Food is fab with steak to die for. Staff always so attentive and nice too. Always a great experience.

4  Thank Kathrine83
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We arrived and were very impressed with welcome and setting, it gorgeous and we had a good first impression.There was one vegetarian in our group, we had advised them of this at time of booking and again the day before to confirm but were not impressed when it seemed we were putting them on the spot about having any sort of vegetarian dishes and were offered the starters of goats cheese and spring rolls as main courses which were disappointing. Starters and main course were nice but I have had pub grub which is better. Very expensive also. Overall we wont be returning and would not reccommend to others. Pity,as we loved the setting and the house and the waitress was lovely.They should include more vegetarian dishes and be a bit more flexible with menu.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have been to Fiacrí House for many occasions and have never ever been disappointed with any part of the experience. I have been for family occaisions, girls nights out, and romantic nights and have always enjoyed the evening.
The menu is extensive and will suit everyone. There isn't too much of anything, in that if you like fish you have a wide choice, if you like meat you have a wide choice, veggies the same. The soups are so amazing, I've tasted soups here that I wouldn't normally choose, such as nettle soup (had this on an evening here when I was a little under the weather and I swear it made me feel so much better).
The starters are gorgeous, so tasty. Mains come with loads of potatoes and vegetables. But please save room for your deserts! the house plate! WOW WOW WOW! a little bit everything... a little bit of heaven!
Wines are wonderful, food is second to none. There is loads and they will give you a doggie bag if you cant finish something. The portions are quiet big so don't eat much before going.
I've attended the Christmas cookery course here also, and it is more than worth the money and I still make some of the dishes we learned.
I have to say I recommend Fiacrí House to everyone. It's a little out of the way but it is more than worth it.