“lovely hotel”

Racket Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Roscrea
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Fantastic little hotel with one of the best breakfast we have had in a long time while travelling. The room was big and the bed was very comfortable.
Ample amount of free car parking and the local scenery is just breath-taking will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank pdynan72
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear pdynan72,

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards the management and staff at Racket Hall Country House.

Racket Hall Country House Hotel employs a team of 40 dedicated people who are focused on delivering great customer service. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback as this is what we use to ensure our service and standards constantly improve.

There are newer reviews for Racket Hall Country House Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I were travelling home and we stopped off at the racket hall.We walked into the main reception hall and we were pleasantly surprised.There were two young ladies at the reception Who couldn't be more helpful.Then we headed into the main bar were we had our meal.The meal was delicious and piping hot.Just before we left I took a walk around the hotel were I was met by a young gentleman who introduced himself to me and offered to show me around the hotel.He took me into the ballroom and informed me there was dancing here every saturday night and he also showed me the gardens and other parts of the hotel.i was surprised to learn that he was only new there but he knew so much and was very pleasant. My wife and I will be defintley returning to the racket hall.wish all the staff all the best in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank larrywhealan
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear larrywhealan,

Thank you for kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Racket Hall. If you would like to make a booking in the future please check out our website and please follow us on facebook. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed here before in a lovely room overlooking the garden and was guaranteed it for this visit. On arrival we were told our room had been re-assigned and were given a room in the basement with a view of a wall and a pile of cigarette ends - the surround of the bathe was black - we were therefore given another room overlooking the car park and the main road with a broken toilet seat!! They said it was the last room available!! The food at suppertime was so greasy as to be inedible - how can you do that to salmon and vegetables? We will not come back

Room Tip: A room overlooking the garden - but even when you book it - it is not certain you will get it when y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Betty N

Dear Betty N,

I would like to express my disappointment that your stay did not meet your expectations. I can only apologise for what was such a bad experience. I will fully investigate your comments regarding your requests not being met, the state of disrepair in the bathrooms and the quality of food in our bar. Guests who have any queries, concerns, comments or complaints should be directed immediately to the attention of the Hotel Management and dealt with accordingly. I always have a manager on duty and they should have dealt with your issues promptly and effectively, unfortunately this did not happen and I have put measures in place to rectify this.

I have discussed the quality of food with my head chef and he blamed our new supplier for the quality of the salmon. We have reverted back to our old supplier and hopefully this should address the issue. As for the vegetables it was simply bad cooking and I again discussed this with my head chef and he can only apologise and implement some extra training.

Racket Hall prides itself on good food and excellent service and we constantly strive to enhance our guests experience. One of our main goals at Racket Hall Country House is to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable time with us.

I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, just to clarify some more details (such as date of your previous stay, date and approx time of arrival this time etc.) to allow us the opportunity to investigate and give you more definitive answers to some of your comments.

Racket Hall Country House Hotel employs a team of 50 dedicated people who are focused on delivering great customer service. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback as this is what we use to ensure our service and standards constantly improve.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just returned from a weekend away. We stayed in a fantastic suite. It was immaculate. So cosy. It is what it is.. An country house hotel. WiFi signal is not the best.. So don't depend on this while you stay. We had dinner included in our package which we had on the Friday night. It was nice but pity about the service .. The girl that served us was not very approachable nor somewhat friendly. Our table was never checked on either of the courses, our steaks were overcooked and they forgot about out sides. We had a light lunch on Friday when we arrived and got chatting to a really pleasant girl Roisin who is an asset to the bar. Reception and other staff we met were very friendly throughout. We visited birr castle and had lunch in the county arms hotel on the way back ... Highly recommend. All a nice short drive away..
Thank you for a nice weekend Racket Hall! Would recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Soz C

Dear Soz C,

Thank you for kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi to meet our guests needs. I will investigate fully your remarks regarding the service in our bar. Customer service is of paramount importance to us and my apologies that your server was not approachable and that your table was not checked.

It is unfortunate that a member of the management team was not requested to meet you in person to discuss your comments as one of our main goals at Racket Hall Country House is to ensure great customer service.

I am delighted you enjoyed your trip to Birr castle.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Received this stay as as a gift, we enjoyed it the room food and staff were all lovely, the only draw back I can't stand folk music and its huge here every Saturday night. So if that's your thing your in for a big treat.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Fificurtis,

Thank you for kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you would like to make a booking in the future please check out our website and please follow us on facebook. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was the perfect venue for my mother's 100th birthday celebration last week. We were a mixed generation gathering, including 15 children. The management and staff could not have been more helpful or flexible; the food was excellent; the enclosed garden opening off the dining area was tailor-made for energetic children...and then there was the bonus of the bouncy castle!! Thank you all so much!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Gillian K,

Thank you for kind comments, we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your mother's birthday celebration with us. If you would like to make a booking in the future please check out our website and please follow us on facebook. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Had lunch here a couple of weeks ago and it registered as among the worst meals ever, anywhere. Staff totally untrained. Five of them stood looking at a coffee machine while we stood unserved 5 or 6 feet away. On finally being served the meals were slapped on to the plates like food into a doggie bowl. When we got it to the table it was cold. Calling the "waitress" and telling her this she said "I will go and see". What is there to see about a cold meal ??? The girl on the till was unable to work the cc machine and when I complained about the meal she said "oh". Luckily we had not driven, but were passing by. This was insulting, both to the palate, the eye, and one's pocket, and we would not go back if they were offering free dinner with wine for all. The sad thing is that this place used to be very good years ago.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank PJ T

Dear PJ T,

I would like to express my disappointment that your visit did not meet your expectations. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, just to clarify some more details (such as date and approx time of your visit) to allow me the opportunity to investigate and give you more definitive answers to some of your comments.

I will investigate fully your remarks regarding the service in our bar. Customer service is of paramount importance to us and my apologies that your comments to our server were not acted upon.

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal with us, and it is unfortunate that a member of the management team was not requested to meet you in person to discuss your comments as one of our main goals at Racket Hall Country House is to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roscrea
County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
The Maltings
The Maltings
#2 of 3 in Birr
The Horse & Jockey Hotel

Been to Racket Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!