“Great Venue”

Racket Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Roscrea
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I recently stayed in Racket Hall for a weekend with my Girlfriend, every thing from start to finish was top class, we were greated at the door with a great welcome and felt really comfortable and relaxed from the get go. There bedrooms were very stylish but also elegant and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant the first night and in hindsight should of eaten the second night to but we wanted to check out Roscrea town which is a beautifully kept heritage town (which are few and far between these days). The best thing about racket hall for me was the staff, they were so helpfull and obliging and really seemed to care about our needs. Will DEFO go back!!

4  Thank Icolater
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Icolater,

Thank you for kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you would like to make a booking in the future please check out our website and please follow us on facebook and twitter. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Racket Hall Country House Hotel employs a team of 40 dedicated people who are focused on delivering great customer service. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback as this is what we use to ensure our service and standards constantly improve.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Felt the need to review after being served what I can only describe as shockingly bad food. Yes it was very 'traditional' Irish fare but there is no excuse for such dreadful quality. The so-called Caesar salad was all cajun chicken (?) and very little Cos lettuce (it was so finely shredded I suspect it was just iceberg). The mains were truly awful. Over cooked veg, dry meat and salmon (Salmon in a pesto crumb was dry salmon with a pile of dry breadcrumbs in a mound in the middle??!!), terrible presentation for all dishes etc. I honestly struggled to distinguish the orangey coloured cube of veg, think it was turnip, and had to send the (instant) gravy back because it was cold and jelly-like. It didn't arrive back much better! It was just an awful meal and the mediocre desert and coffee just finished off the negative experience. The decor is old world and there are some nice pieces of antique furniture throughout so it does have potential, but it is shabby. The staff serving on the day were attentive and professional. Based on the food alone though I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sarah C
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Sarah C,

I would like to express our disappointment that your meal did not meet your expectations. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, just to clarify some more details (such as date and approx time of visit) to allow us the opportunity to investigate and give you more definitive answers to some of your comments.

I’m glad you found our staff attentive and professional.

I will investigate fully your remarks regarding the quality of food in our bar. Food quality is of paramount importance to us and my sincere apologies that your experience was a poor one. Racket Hall Country House use only the best local suppliers and all our sauces, desserts etc. are homemade using the finest local ingredients.

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us, and it is unfortunate that a member of the management team was not requested to meet you in person to discuss your comments as one of our main goals at Racket Hall Country House is to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience with us.

Yours sincerely

Wayne Logan

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a pre-organised lunch for family and friends so I understand that choices had to be limited. Nevertheless I got an overall view of the standard of food very quickly. Suffice to say that if you were a farmer rounding up cattle all morning for mart day and had your first taste of food of the day at lunch time in this hotel - then you would certainly be happy. It is generous, has traditional fare and good service - such as you would find in a good rural pub.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank spencerLimerick

Dear spencerLimerick,

Thank you for comments.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

What an awful hotel...food was the worst i have ever not eaten, as i sent it back. Rooms grubby and dated, hairs in the bath from previous guests, rude rude bar men in the function room. All i can say is Never ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Sinead37

Dear Sinead37,

I would like to express our disappointment that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, just to clarify some more details (such as date and approx time of arrival) to allow us the opportunity to investigate and give you more definitive answers to some of your comments.

I will investigate fully your remarks regarding quality of our food, the issues with your room and the service in our function bar. Customer service is of paramount importance to us.

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us, and it is unfortunate that a member of the management team was not requested to meet you in person to discuss your comments as one of our main goals at Racket Hall Country House is to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went on a two day B&B deal break with bottle wine on arrival. Arrival no wine, booked dinner and inquired about wine told it a half bottle so we had it with dinner. Old world style interior that could do with a freshening up. Poor diinner menu but food was good and service very good.Overall my impression the hotel is run on a budget all the signs of the Bank running things. Will not be back.

2  Thank Kris F
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited this hotel in August 2012 on a grab one deal. It was an excellent place to visit. When I booked my stay it was recieved in a polite way. About 1 week before I travelled I was phoned up by the hotel to see if I wanted to upgrade to a suite for €30 per night which I did & it was just so fantastic. I have never been to a suite in any hotel before and this was just excellent. The room had 2 rooms. one with a lovely suite of furniture and all decorated in mahogney presses and the bed room had a massive big bed which you could sleep any way in and a big walk in bathroom with a jacuzzi. Food and breakfast was excellent, nice grounds and discount vouchers for some of the stores in town was also provided. We were also provided with nice chocolates and wine in our room. It was a very memorabel stay and I hope to be back again.

Room Tip: look for a deal on a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan J M

Dear Brendan J M,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a med week break at this Hotel.
The food was excellent the room was tastefully furnished the housekeeping was first class and the staff where most friendly and helpful.
If you after a relaxing few days I would recommend this Hotel

1  Thank francis m

Dear Brendan J M,

Kind regards the management and staff at Racket Hall Country House.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roscrea
Great National Abbey Court Hotel & Spa
The Maltings
The Maltings
#2 of 3 in Birr
The Horse & Jockey Hotel

Been to Racket Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!