Racket Hall Country House Hotel
$82
$80
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsracket hallon arrivalsteakcountry musiclovely hotelcountry housejacuzzi bathsaturday nightcourse dinnertwo nightstop classcooked to perfectionbed was very comfortableold stylecooked breakfastcouldn't do enoughfood was amazing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a pre-organised lunch for family and friends so I understand that choices had to be limited. Nevertheless I got an overall view of the standard of food very quickly. Suffice to say that if you were a farmer rounding up cattle all morning for mart day and had your first taste of food of the day at lunch time in this hotel - then you would certainly be happy. It is generous, has traditional fare and good service - such as you would find in a good rural pub.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank spencerLimerick
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear spencerLimerick,

Thank you for comments.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards the management and staff at Racket Hall Country House.

Racket Hall Country House Hotel employs a team of 40 dedicated people who are focused on delivering great customer service. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback as this is what we use to ensure our service and standards constantly improve.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

What an awful hotel...food was the worst i have ever not eaten, as i sent it back. Rooms grubby and dated, hairs in the bath from previous guests, rude rude bar men in the function room. All i can say is Never ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Sinead37

Dear Sinead37,

I would like to express our disappointment that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, just to clarify some more details (such as date and approx time of arrival) to allow us the opportunity to investigate and give you more definitive answers to some of your comments.

I will investigate fully your remarks regarding quality of our food, the issues with your room and the service in our function bar. Customer service is of paramount importance to us.

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us, and it is unfortunate that a member of the management team was not requested to meet you in person to discuss your comments as one of our main goals at Racket Hall Country House is to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went on a two day B&B deal break with bottle wine on arrival. Arrival no wine, booked dinner and inquired about wine told it a half bottle so we had it with dinner. Old world style interior that could do with a freshening up. Poor diinner menu but food was good and service very good.Overall my impression the hotel is run on a budget all the signs of the Bank running things. Will not be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kris F
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited this hotel in August 2012 on a grab one deal. It was an excellent place to visit. When I booked my stay it was recieved in a polite way. About 1 week before I travelled I was phoned up by the hotel to see if I wanted to upgrade to a suite for €30 per night which I did & it was just so fantastic. I have never been to a suite in any hotel before and this was just excellent. The room had 2 rooms. one with a lovely suite of furniture and all decorated in mahogney presses and the bed room had a massive big bed which you could sleep any way in and a big walk in bathroom with a jacuzzi. Food and breakfast was excellent, nice grounds and discount vouchers for some of the stores in town was also provided. We were also provided with nice chocolates and wine in our room. It was a very memorabel stay and I hope to be back again.

Room Tip: look for a deal on a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan J M
Wayne L, General Manager at Racket Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Brendan J M,

Thank you for kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you would like to make a booking in the future please check out our website and please follow us on facebook and twitter. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a med week break at this Hotel.
The food was excellent the room was tastefully furnished the housekeeping was first class and the staff where most friendly and helpful.
If you after a relaxing few days I would recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple