“friendly, good airport hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cloghran
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights lst week. 1st night was on our way to rome early next morning flight. Great convenient hotel. We were able to get the bus into dublin just outside hotel. Stayed 2nd night on our way home as we were into airport after 12pm. Friendly reception staff checked in promptly no hassle. Breakfast plenty waitresses very friendly nothing to much trouble. Recommend carlton to anyone. Thankyou

Room Tip: Some rooms look over run way.
1  Thank jencodown_11
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. The Carlton Team are delighted to have been of service and hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed at the Carlton on the 26th February 2014, so as to be close to the airport for an early morning flight.
There is a sense of home and comfort once you enter the reception are. Room was ready with everything supplied for the overnight stay.
Very soon after check in came to the dining area for dinner. The restaurant is located close to the reception area; around the bar.
Menu very varied. Plenty to suit every palate. Our meal was lovely; hot and well presented. The waitress was pleasant and did her job well.
You can also view the times of flights on the screen, located close to the reception area.
Very quite room, and very clean.
I feel I have found my home away from home with the Carlton.
This hotel has improved so much in the last year.
Great credit is due to the management and staff.
A big thank-you to everybody.

Room Tip: Request the type of room that suits your needs at the time of booking e.g. floor level. Quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pebbles2_13
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Pebbles2_13

Many thanks for your great review in respect of your most recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had another great visit and enjoyed every aspect of your experience. It is comforting to read that you have noticed the continued great efforts of our team in respect of improving service levels and product at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back from our holiday. Staff were extremely obliging and when I asked for a change in my booking it was no hassle at all.
Came down late for breakfast and the buffet was still good and fresh.
Very friendly waiting staff!
Rooms are spacious with great beds!!

Stayed: April 2014
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your great review. The Carlton Team is delighted to have looked after you so well and we are all thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay including our great food and service as well as the comfort of our rooms.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Recently got a Grabone voucher for this hotel with a days stay for 2 and free parking for 8 days. Was going for a family holiday with kids for a week so called and booked a room.
Very helpful and friendly staff at reservation who booked the room with a surcharge of 25 euros for 2 kids.
Reached late at night for the next morning flight.
Very spacious and clean room. A very big and beautiful bathroom. Really missed not staying there longer.
They also provide bus service to and from the Dublin airport.
Would recommend it to people who are travelling from afar with kids.

Room Tip: Talk to reservation people about your needs and they'll help in choosing the best room.
1  Thank Bejoy P
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I am pleased that you were well looked after by our team and enjoyed your experience with us.

Our reservations team are always more than happy to assist with special requests and always endeavour to provide our guests with they need to make their stay comfortable & enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I had an early flight and this hotel was good. Nice food. Clean rooms. It's close to the airport. You can walk. I needed the hotel bus as I was traveling with a small child. Unfortunately you have to pay. they do not have a hot meal early in the morning. But they provide fruit and drinks. Check out is easy. Too bad they don't have a pool or gym. Overall, the location is convenient, the price is great and the staff are friendly. I would stay again for early morning flights.

Stayed: July 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I would like to clarify that the Carlton Hotel does NOT charge our guests for our Airport Shuttle Service. I am not quite sure why you think we do and can only suggest that perhaps you have confused our hotel with another hotel at the airport which does charge it's guests for airport transfers.

At the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport we believe in offering our guests real value for money and the price you are quoted is the price you pay with no hidden extras or nasty surprise charges for airport transfers.

Next time why not stay at the Carlton and enjoy our warm hospitality, comfortable guestrooms, great food and of course our FREE shuttle service to Dublin Airport.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The amenities in this hotel were quite comfortable and the staff was extremely accommodating. Food in the bar was excellent as well! We enjoyed the selection of craft beer and the wonderful creme brulee!

3  Thank Samantha T

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your great review. I am delighted you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our great food, service and of course our wonderful selection of craft beers brewed right here in Ireland.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Have wanted to write a review on this hotel for months and this is the first opportunity I have to sit down and do it justice. I stayed in this hotel for a period of 6 weeks as part of my job and I continue to be based in this hotel any time I am based in Dublin for work. Having stayed here for short stays and prolonged periods of time I have really got to know the feeling of the Hotel.

Accommodation - Extremely comfortable beds with nice pillows. Spacious rooms with all amenities that you require. Wifi is extremely good with good connectivity and its free of charge to guests. Air Con is a bit tricky to get used to when it is on the timing set by the hotel (found the room could be roasting at times and then freezing during the night) but this was solved by the receptionist setting it to manual so that I could set it myself. Room was very clean, and the daily cleaning service was great. Always woke up feeling relaxed and refreshed. And one thing I must note is the water pressure in the shower, I hate staying in hotels where the shower lacks power and is more of a trickle of water rather than a shower this is not the case here. The Shower is extremely good and always helped me wake up in the morning. I was never woken by the planes from the nearby airport even though they do fly directly overhead sometimes.

Restaurant and Bar - I found the food in the Carlton to be quite 'hit and miss'. Breakfast was convenient and fresh, and extremely handy for the guests departing early to catch the early flights as they start there continental service very early. The hot food was to a reasonable standard but I found there scrambled egg lacked taste and was always surrounded by a pool of water. On the whole breakfast was satisfying and no matter how busy the staff were they always managed to get me my morning cappuccino without having to ask (an essential to waken me up). Dinner in the restaurant and bar area again was hit and miss, I found that on some nights it could taste and feel fresher to that of other nights. I do find it expensive for the quality of the food but I did eat there quite often and perhaps I became fed up with the menu. They did change there menu a week before I was leaving and they did have some lovely dishes including a nice Monk fish dish which I would recommend. Wine list is fine and reasonably priced.

Service - It is the staff who make this hotel. I stayed with a large contingency for work and they looked after us very well. The receptionists were always very friendly and helpful in organising the airport shuttle for our group. The waiting staff, Headed by Liz are very friendly and accommodating. Cliona, Magdalena, Jimmy just to name a few that were very helpful to us during our stay and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. The shuttle bus drivers were always very friendly and chatty and as we made several trips with them they were always willing to help us. And as I said before the house keeping staff did a great job cleaning our room and in general the hotel has a very clean feel. Lots of natural light add to this clean feeling. The staff always had time for our party and made us feel very comfortable with a bit of banter.

On the whole I do enjoy staying in this Hotel and it really is the staff coupled with comfort and convenience that make my stay enjoyable. The company I work for use it on a regular basis and are always asking our opinion on the hotels we stay in and I have no problem recommending this hotel for continued business. Looking forward to my next stay there very soon.

Room Tip: For Aviation enthusiasts there are bedrooms directly facing the runway and you can get good views, I...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kivin10
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great review of the hotel. It is very refreshing to read all of your feedback and I am very grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience.

I note all your comments in respect of the hotel, our rooms, food offering and particularly our team of great people who make the hotel what it is and assure you that all of the points you have raised will be shared in full with the team.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!