“cant fault hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
swansea
“cant fault hotel”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Lovely airport hotel and at such a great price.
Lovely double spacious room, with very comfortable bed and facilities.
Had room service and again was quick service and very tasty.

Only one point would make and this is so small it not even a complaint, but on check out at 4.30am had to wait 10 mins for someone to come to reception. The security couldnt help and didnt advise where staff member was just asked to wait...was a very small pain in a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank swansealad
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Swansealad

Thank you for your review - I am pleased that you had a good experience at the hotel and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the night manager was not at reception when you were checking out and would like to apologize for the delay. I understand that the night manager was dealing with a guest issue at the time which meant he was away from the front desk for slightly longer than anticipated.

Declan Meagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

As I said in my last review about this hotel....the hospitality remains 10/10. I have to commend the Reception staff for their continuing attention to guests but on this trip I must give a special note to Monika as she went out of her way for me - nothing was too much trouble. My last review about this hotel back in October 2013 made a reference to the changed Restaurant/Bar menu which I personally found very disappointing. When I saw the Menu this time, I was delighted to see they have reverted back to the simple, comforting, filling type of meals that I particularly liked & I would say was popular with most guests. Congratulations on making that change! Only thing I have a complaint about was that on the Sunday night I was there, I requested the Carlton Sandwich to be made as a Wrap not a sandwich which should have been quite simple to do however this seemed to be a monumental task & at first this was refused. After some persuasion from Monika, the receptionist I get my request only to find the Wrap had been heated = the original sandwich was never a hot item so why he heated the Wrap I have no idea. It was a huge let-down for the Chef not to be as hospitable & accommodating as the rest of the Hotel Staff. Overall the food is superb! Tick boxes for location, hospitality (most of the time), comfort & food. I will be back....This hotel is worth coming back to & it will certainly tick even more boxes once the refurbishment is complete (I have to agree with some of the recent comments that the hotel could do with an uplift & I look forward to seeing the results)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LK2LONDON
Dear LK2LONDON

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. It is nice to hear what a great stay you had with us at Carlton Dublin Airport and I assure you that the team will be delighted to hear your warm feedback.

I note your comments in respect of the food item you ordered and assure you that I will speak with the catering team in respect of dealing with special requests which are never an issue for us. Overall I am delighted that you like the changes we have made to our menu since your last visit.

Best regards

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

After spending just one night at the hotel for a business trip, I must say I was impressed with the detail. The shuttle bus to/from the airport was very efficient, also took us by surprise as I didn't expect it. Easy hotel to navigate around, simple layout. Great function rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlotte_PCE
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had a great experience and found everything to be of a high standard in the hotel.

ireland
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is well situated for the airport with a shuttle bus running every half hour.The hotel itself is very nice with a decent sized reception area.The rooms are large and clean.We found the staff friendly and efficient and if we were travelling on an early morning flight I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear SFlynn8

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay at the hotel and that every aspect of our service was of a high standard. The Carlton Team take great pride in delivering a true Irish welcome to all of our guests and it is refreshing to receive such great feedback as yours.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this wonderful hotel again prior to our early morning flight to Munich. Had another great meal in the bistro restaurant & were able to request the same room we stayed in two months before.
Cannot recommend highly enough. Fantastic service, spotlessly clean room and superb food. Will be staying here again & again prior to any further flights outbound. Great hotel & super helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank doc42travel2016
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It is refreshing to read of the high level of guest care, great food and service that you received whilst staying at the hotel.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this hotel as we wanted to get an early night before an early morning flight to Asia. Check in was good as was the food and service in the bar. The rooms however were grubby and worn. We didn't mind too much as we just wanted an early night before our long journey ahead and went to bed tired and looking forward to the rest. A half hour later however we were woken to the beats of the music and the sound of the dj at what turned out to be a staff party downstairs.They were even playing christmas songs and this was the middle of January. Our first call to reception was fobbed off and we were told it would be over soon. Our second call, while listening to Mariah Carey lamenting on all she wanted for Christmas, had the desired effect and the music went off shortly after. Most people stay in airport hotels as they want a good rest before an early flight so this setup where there seems to be regular sleep interruption is not good enough. Next time we need an airport hotel in Dublin we will go elsewhere.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Doctord_11
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the hotel. It is with regret that I read of your dissatisfaction and would like to apologize for our shortcomings.

Understandably, you were unhappy with some noise from a weekend function which finished at 12:30. I am happy to advise that this type of issue is rare at the hotel and the front desk team are always on hand to assist with guest care at all times.

I note your comments in respect of the guestrooms and I am most disappointed to read your feedback. All of the guestrooms in the hotel are maintained to a very high 4 Star standard by our dedicated Accommodation Team. A Gold Award was recently awarded to the hotel by the Irish Accommodation Services Institute which is indicative of the very high standards maintained in the hotel.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My friend Sally and I stayed in one of the twin rooms last Saturday night.
The rooms are nicely appointed too which includes a large TV
We spent a day in the town then had a meal in the Restaurant... good value for very tasty nicely served food...We got ready in the pretty spacious bathroom I would say that the only complaint is the lighting its too dark in the bathroom... you could add one stronger light over a vanity mirror to Help you see when putting on makeup.We ended up using the light opposite the bathroom in the open plan wardrobe.. then we made our way downtown and danced our socks off.
Considering the proximity of the Airport we werent disturbed by plane noises and slept well in the comfy beds
The Hotel is ideal if your jetting off elsewhere from Dublin Airport but its a good €25 taxi ride to the shopping/nightlife in Dublin if youre in a budget and not planning on flying off elsewhere this could be an expensive way to stay

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank stayedroom331
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your review - the Carlton Team are delighted that you had such a great stay with us and enjoyed every aspect of your experience. I note your feedback in respect of the bathroom lighting and will endeavour to address this issue as soon as possible.

Declan Meagher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!