“Excellent and efficient”

GreenLeadersSilver level
kerry
“Excellent and efficient”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel, as I had an early morning flight, great staff very obliging, you can see great customer service training is given and pays off for a great customer experience!! The rooms are efficient And modern! I will certainly be back! Great value for money!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank magskell
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review which is very positive and refreshing to read. It is great that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the team provided you with the very best of Irish hospitality.

Declan Meagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very convenient for Dublin airport. A complementary minibus picks up near the airport church every 30 minutes. Comfortable good sized rooms wiht strong wi-fi. Meeting rooms for business well appointed with aircon and comfy armchairs, and good service. Restaurant has good range for eveing menu, though lunchtime buffet is more limited. Friendly and efficient service. I will definitely use it again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris D
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review which is very pleasing to read. I am delighted that you had a good stay and the Carlton Team took great care of you whilst you were in the hotel.

Yours Sincerely

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Arrived here for a 2 day Graduate interview (cant comment on price as it was all paid for). Receptions is very grand and staff were friendly and helpful.

Room was a good size with free WI-Fi for guests and a big bathroom. I was staying on the side closest to the airport but there was no noise so i had a very good sleep.

They serve a great buffet breakfast with all you could imagine. Dinner service food is also great with a good selection and also many drinks on offer.

We were in the many meeting rooms on the top floor and these are all well equipped and would recommend it for anyone who has a business meeting.

Overall great stay and if i ever have to fly out of Dublin for a trip/ holiday I would find an excuse just so I could stay here again :)

Thanks to all at the Carlton Hotel for their great hospitality

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travel_mad_g1
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review following your recent stay at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport.

I am pleased that you had a great stay with us at the hotel and that you enjoyed the many business facilities on offer as well as our great location adjacent to Dublin Airport.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at the end of Jan for just over a week on business. I was quietly impressed with the reception area which was modern and clean and the staff on checking were friendly and helpful. My room was on the second floor, the room was clean, a good size and in good decor. I had a small issue with the heating, however this was resolved very quickly. The wifi is free to guests and there is a half hourly shuttle bus to the airport. The communal areas were always clean and in good decor, I saw no issues.
The bar was averaged priced for Dublin with a good selection of beers wines and spirits. The restaurant was part of the bar area and the food/menu was very good including breakfast with big hearty portions, the staff were friendly and helpful.
During my stay here I wasn't that mobile and the staff couldn't do enough for me, I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here again whether on business or pleasure, thanks to all at the Carlton.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us last week. I am delighted that you were impressed with the great service you received from the Carlton Team and I will ensure that everyone is made aware of your great feedback.

It is wonderful to know that the team at the hotel provide such great service to our guests and that the hotel itself offers modern facilities in a comfortable & relaxed setting whilst being able to cater expertly to the needs of business travelers and holiday makers.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

To start with the positives:

1. The shuttle bus is handy. The driver was a lovely man.
2. We were allowed to check in early which was great as we had just got off a long-haul flight..
3. There is a young lady who works in the restaurant serving breakfast who is really helpful and friendly.
4. The hotel looks like it should be nice when you arrive in reception.

Sadly that's the extent of the positives.

The wifi didn't work.

The TV system didn't work fully.

I got fish and chips via room service and, without meaning to sound like I'm indulging in hyperbole, it was the worst meal I've had in years. It was supposed to be fresh fish. I don't think it was. I think it was frozen. Note that I am not a food expert, but it certainly did not taste like fresh fish to me. If I am correct, this is inexcusable when you are within spitting distance of the sea. The tartar sauce was not tartar sauce. It was garlic dip. Not nice garlic dip. Really awful garlic dip. The chips seemed to be like oven chips and they were not cooked properly. It was really, really bad.

The shower was terrible. Ran hot and cold and the pressure was all over the place. For a hotel that looks modern, the shower is very, very dated.

I have to admit that I was tired when I stayed here and as a result I simply could not be bothered to complain at the time, and I feel bad about complaining now instead of at the time, but over the past couple of weeks I have thought it through and thought it best to warn people that this place isn't that great! I don't like writing reviews like this but I was really, really disappointed particularly in view of the price - there are cheaper hotels in the area and they are better than this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review which I am pleased to read is mainly positive following your recent stay at the hotel. I am obviously disappointed with the less than favourable feedback in terms of certain aspects of your stay and would welcome the opportunity to discuss those issues with you in further detail. My contact email is dmeagher@carlton.ie should you wish to get in touch with me.

I fully understand the frustation experienced when a Wi-Fi service does not work correctly and assure you that the system provider has commenced a thorough health check to ensure it operates to its complete capacity.

I note your comments in relation to the quality of your room service meal and would like to assure you that only fresh fish is used in the hotel and likewise all of the accompanying sauces are made in the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the kitchen team for their information and continuous improvement processes.

I also note your comment in relation to the shower pressure in your room and assure you that I will have this issue checked by maintenance. The hotel is fortunate to have a high pressure pumped hot water system which may suggest an issue with the individual shower unit - in any case thank you for letting me know so the matter can be resolved.

I do hope you will consider choosing the hotel again in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely

Brazil
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel location was very good, well served with buses to city center! The shuttle service works perfectly! Bad news: the room was really desapointing. Old faded furniture and carpet. The temperature control didn't work, we were freezing! But they put two portable heater in my room, very noisy though!
The bathroom was terrible! They do need a renovation urgently! This is not a 4 star hotel, never!

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am disappointed to read your feedback and would love the opportunity to discuss your comments further with you. My email contact is dmeagher@carlton.ie and I do hope to hear from you.

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport is a modern hotel which opened less than seven years ago and offers a high quality product in comforable surroundings. As part of our continued investment program the hotel will undergo a soft refurbishment later this year in order to maintain the high level of quality finish and standard that currently exists at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were very happy with our room and the hotel in general. The room was warm, and all the facilities and amenities met our expectations. We enjoyed eating in the restaurant. We found the hotel staff to be helpful. We would recommend this hotel. We were sent here by Air Lingus when our flight was cancelled so it is a bit far from Dublin to sightsee etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. It is great to read that you had a really good time at the hotel and enjoyed all of our facilities. I am pleased to let you know that Dublin City Centre is a mere 15 minutes away by car so maybe next time you might get to visit the City Centre for sightseeing, shopping and much more.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Declan Meagher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!