To start with the positives:
1. The shuttle bus is handy. The driver was a lovely man.
2. We were allowed to check in early which was great as we had just got off a long-haul flight..
3. There is a young lady who works in the restaurant serving breakfast who is really helpful and friendly.
4. The hotel looks like it should be nice when you arrive in reception.
Sadly that's the extent of the positives.
The wifi didn't work.
The TV system didn't work fully.
I got fish and chips via room service and, without meaning to sound like I'm indulging in hyperbole, it was the worst meal I've had in years. It was supposed to be fresh fish. I don't think it was. I think it was frozen. Note that I am not a food expert, but it certainly did not taste like fresh fish to me. If I am correct, this is inexcusable when you are within spitting distance of the sea. The tartar sauce was not tartar sauce. It was garlic dip. Not nice garlic dip. Really awful garlic dip. The chips seemed to be like oven chips and they were not cooked properly. It was really, really bad.
The shower was terrible. Ran hot and cold and the pressure was all over the place. For a hotel that looks modern, the shower is very, very dated.
I have to admit that I was tired when I stayed here and as a result I simply could not be bothered to complain at the time, and I feel bad about complaining now instead of at the time, but over the past couple of weeks I have thought it through and thought it best to warn people that this place isn't that great! I don't like writing reviews like this but I was really, really disappointed particularly in view of the price - there are cheaper hotels in the area and they are better than this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport is a stylish, international 4 star hotel next to Dublin Airport terminals, the hotel offers free 24 hour shuttle bus transfers to the airport, free internet access and free parking during your stay. With room rates from ONLY €99 everything you could possibly wish for is here at this top Dublin Airport Hotel, wrapped in an elegant contemporary design and delivered with the highest levels of personal service. Just 20 minutes from Dublin City Centre you will find deluxe bedrooms and suites, all with complimentary WiFi, award winning Kitty Hawks Bistro & Bar which serves food all day including Carvery Lunch, Early Bird Menus and our famous Chef's Specials popular with both locals and our residents. De-stress and unwind in our new fully air conditioned Fitness Suite, which is complimentary to hotel residents. A range of Cardiovascular Machines and a weight station will enhance your workout and help to refresh and relax you. Guest enjoy reduced rates at Sportslink swimming pool and leisure centre only 2 minutes away. One of the newest Dublin airport hotels, the Carlton Dublin Airport Hotel offers residents FREE parking and a complimentary airport shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport County Dublin, Ireland