“Not recommended at all!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cloghran
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed 7th Dec. First impressions were lovely all done up for Christmas.
That's where it ended!!!
Checked in at about 6.30pm we has an early flight the next am and had to be up at 4.30am. The first thing I noticed on entering the room was it was freezing. We saw a aircon/heater control on the wall so my husband turned it up hoping the room would be toasty when we got back from something to eat.
Secondly the bed was grubby as in the base board was naked and fraying and the mattress had seen better days. Also the quilts were paper thin and there were no extra blankets in either of the TWO wardrobes???
The bathroom was presented nicely but could also do with a revamp.
Anyway we were there to eat and sleep early, well that was the plan!
We went to the bar which looked lovely got a nice booth and ordered. My pasta dish was just okay and over priced at €17, came with no extras so had to order a salad, mike's burger was dreadful, rubbery meat and cheap processed chips and at €14 it made it even worse!!
Plus they were painfully slow with the food and drink orders.
We went back to our room hoping to hop into bet only to find the room still freezing!!!
Mike rang reception and they turned the heater on from there. I was a bit pissed off as it did not say this anywhere in the room or were we told this at reception upon checking in.
I had to sit with my coat on for a half hr!! The plan to sleep and be fresh for our flight didn't work out either.
Between the noise of other patrons both outside our door, in the next room and believe it or not outside the room window at 2.30am having a drunken rant,plus the heating going off, little sleep was had!!
When we got the wake up call at 4.30am we were wide awake!! They do validate parking for patrons a small plus.
Next early morning flight we will be booking a different hotel, would not recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Carlton Dublin Airport. I am obviously disappointed to read your comments and would like to apologise for our shortcomings to you on this occasion. I would like to assure you that we treat all guest feedback very seriously and use it as a means on continuously improving our service and guest care.

If you would like to discuss any of the issues you have raised I would be delighted to hear from you directly and can be contact by email to dmeagher@carlton.ie

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed December 13, 2012

for me, it is the best hotel airport in Dublin.recent building, nice rooms / bathrooms, nice staff, very good breakfast. Good car park rates / shuttle and good pricing overall . it is very good for both business users ( Internet could be a bit faster) and also good for families with nice large family room

1  Thank polo22

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. It is very encouraging to read your great feedback and I am delighted that you had a great stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Literally 2 minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers extremely obliging and friendfly customer service. Great breakfast. Comfortable rooms with all the usual ammenities. If you like watching planes taking off and landing, ask for an airport view room

Room Tip: If you like watching planes taking off and landing, ask for an airport view room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am delighted that you had a great experience at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. The team here at the hotel will be thrilled that you have taken the time to highlight their approach to superior friendly guest care so thank you once again.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Thanks British weather meant got stuck in here by air lingus for a night so room and food were free so ok value there! Room was threadbare with holes in carpet, shower passes the screen, no tea or coffe facilities and the restaurant is a bistro more akin to a canteen than a dining experience. Gym is there abut useless unless you are ok with just cardio and even then theres no upright bike, weights are a ladies set of dumbells up to 20kg. All in all bed yes, roof yes, wittles yes but certainly not 4 stars.

Room Tip: No idea if its possible you tell me!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback which does not seem in keeping with the majority of other reviews posted on TripAdvisor. I note you seem to have been dissatisfied with just about every element of your stay at the hotel which is obviously disappointing for us to read. However I am sure that had you advised the team here of your dissatisfaction we would have done everything possible to make your stay more comfortable. I note we did not receive any type of complaint from you whilst you were resident in the hotel and therefore we regretfully were unable to do anything for you at the time.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice hotel less than a ten minute drive from Dublin International Airport. There is complimentary WI-FI in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel--just ask at reception for the free voucher. Free shuttle bus to airport also. Comfortable restaurant and bar offering good food at decent prices. The only drawback is the very dim lighting in the bedrooms or lack of lighting. Bring a book light or a flashlight if you plan on reading a book in bed. Nice sized rooms and bathrooms and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from elevator lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am grateful for your feedback and note that overall you had a great stay with us. I appreciate your comment with regard to lighting levels and assure you that this will be actioned as part of our plans for 2013.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed November 23, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Dublin, I generally try to stay in this hotel before an early morning flight as its five minutes drive from Dublin airport with free car parking. A shuttle service is available.
The rooms are of a very good standard, clean modern and well maintained.A nice touch is the magazines in the rooms and its great to have tea/ coffee facilities particularly before an early morning flight. Reception personnel are usually very efficient courteous and helpful.
This hotel is good value for money if you book and pre-pay on line.

I'm not a huge fan of the restaurant which I have tried for both breakfast and dinner on different occasions. Service there can be hit and miss, one night we waited 20 minutes for someone to come to take our order and when we went to the bar to get a drink the staff walked away and left the bar area unoccupied. While this could be understandable on a busy night there were only about four tables occupied on that evening.
Now I usually end up going to some of the other hotel restaurants in the area instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you are a frequent guest at the hotel and I am grateful for your feedback in relation to service in the hotel restaurant. I would like to assure you that your feedback will be used constructively to improve our service levels going forward.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a lovely, modern hotel and is well placed for the airport and also for heading in and around Dublin.
The reception area is modern and the staff are very helpful. There is a reasonably priced restaurant / bar area that has a good range of food and they offer very good portions if you have a large appetite.
The rooms are clean, smart and very comfortable and have all the ammenities you would expect from a 4 star hotel. If you are booking though I would request a room at the back of the hotel, mine was at the front just above the entrance and I could hear the shuttle bus coming and going what seemed like all night.
The other little negative is that there is no air conditioning, plus the windows do not open a great deal. Once I realised there was a radiator that I could turn down then I was pretty comfortable, just not sure how it would be in the height of summer.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel will be quieter through the night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tweenieka

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us here at the Carlton and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!