“First class hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“First class hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel overnight a few weeks ago.
Very helpful staff at front of house, and elsewhere within the hotel.
Very comfortable bed in a spacious bedroom, which was perfectly clean along with the ensuite area.

Excellent full Irish breakfast, with all the trimmings, fruit juice, fruit, yogurt

Convenient to airport, but. Not within the airport complex.

No hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David P
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review of Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at the hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely

Declan Meagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Polish first
Soap Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were looking for ward to a better hotel for a four star. Could not get the heat on and no wifi...location was good to fly in,,fly out...breakfast was fair at best...would not stay again...The hotel is in good shape, we just did not sleep well because of the cold. That could have been our fault. If you are just over nighting this would work, but there are probably better hotels in the air port.

Room Tip: No pool in nov.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay at the hotel. I am pleased to confirm the hotel does offer Free Wi-Fi to all of its guests at all times so I am not sure why you felt that this service was not available. In relation to the temperature in your room I wonder did you report the issue to the hotel front desk at any stage during your stay at the hotel? Carlton Dublin Airport is pleased to provide 24 hour guest care and I am sure that your issue would have been resolved immediately if the team was made aware of it. Finally I note you mention the hotel does not have a pool in November - the hotel does not offer swimming pool facilities at any time of the year as there is no leisure centre at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here on the last night of our Ireland trip. All the hotels in Dublin were full and it was the only place we could get rooms. That turned out to be great. We were very near to the airport, and there was a complementary shuttle to get there.

Dinner in the hotel bar (Kittyhawks) was surprisingly good. We had the fajitas and risotto which were both served with a smile by Jimmy, who took good care of us.

The staff were particularly great. I want to make a special mention of Brendan Kavanagh, who made a huge effort to ensure that our stay, despite being short, was as good as possible. We had a problem with our TV and Brendan put his excellent customer service and technical skills to work to ensure that it was fixed quickly.

Based on our experience we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeinbxl
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked the hotel as I had an early flight the next morning and wanted easy access to the airport. The hotel was exactly as advertised, near the airport with a staff that was focused on getting travelers to the airport. I showered before my wakeup call and a staffer came to make sure I was up. The rooms are nothing exceptional, but are fine (though the shower curtain could be a little better as it kept wanting to "touch me" as I showered). Free parking is appreciated. Cost was reasonable. A bar and restaurant area was available. As I said, the hotel understood and accomplished its mission.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am very pleased that you had a great stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Carlton prior to flying out from the airport, we got upgraded to a suite on check in which was excellent. Room was huge and had all the necessary gadgets and tea/coffee facilities. We stayed on room only rate so we can't speak about te breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpfull. Fast check in and faster checkout. Hotel room and common areas were spotless clean. Only negative- there was a wedding function on the same floor as us and the music could be heard all night. Painfull when just trying to rest for a long day of travelling. Although I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay for business or stopover like ours.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jezz7
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is great to read that you found the hotel to be a high standard. I appreciate your feedback with regard to suggested improvements and assure you that I will do everything possible to avoid a repeat of this issue.

Greenland, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Unfortunately, this faux Posh hotel took advantage of our last 2 nights of our Ireland vacation. The beds are horrible, horrible, horrible, they may be queen and king sized, but the sleep on them is like sleeping on a hard floor. The rooms were very clean and presentable. The problem with this Hotel is that if you are looking forward to getting any sleep on a Saturday evening, forget it!!!! We were hoping to catch up on our sleep before our flight back to the states and get a jump on our coming jet lag.

When we arrived back at our room after dinner, we heard loud music. I called reception and asked them if we were above a night club, she responded "No", I explained to her that we were hearing music. She said she would have someone check on it for us. 45 minutes passed and we heard nothing (except the increasingly loud music) We decided to visit the front desk and inquire on the outcome. When we stepped off the elevator
we were hit with the blaring music from the function room, which was adjacent to the reception area. This was at 8:45 pm, reception told us that the function would be over shortly and that they would ask them to turn the music down (that did not happen, if anything the music got louder). At 11:00 pm I returned a call to reception and spoke with a different person due to shift change and he told me that the function would not be over until after 12:30 am. When asked why the previous receptionist told me it would be over shortly, he stated he did not know why she told me that and apologized. Needless to say we did not stop hearing music (even with air plugs in) until 1:20 am. I suppose we should have stayed in the first room they gave us, that smelled like sewage. (they did promptly move us)

AND......there is no pool at this Hotel, even though they advertise it as such.

Overall........this Hotel is poorly managed, staff lied to us about the loud music and when it would be over and/or addressed. They allowed this function to ruin everyone of their patrons evenings sleep. We booked 3 rooms and we all heard the music until 1:20 am.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the Function Room area of the hotel. Doesn't matter if you are on the top...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DeeDee46106
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback regarding you recent stay with the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am sorry to read that you were less than satisfied with the overall quality of your stay and would like to assure you that I will do everything possible to ensure that this issue does not arise again in the future.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked in here by client's travel organisers, the hotel proved to be comfortable and clean, and as I have established over the follwinng weeks staying elsewhere in the area (Carltn was booked up, or I would have stayed there), much better value than some of the bigger named competition in the area.
Decent breakfasts and evening meals, I would recommend this if needing an overnight at the airport or staying in the area on business.
Only thing to watch out for is that some of the local taxi drivers seem to ahve a very limited knowledge of the local geography and are not reliable punctual.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read that you had a positive experience at the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!