“great nights sleep”

GreenLeadersSilver level
ireland
“great nights sleep”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

stayed here night before flight as we had 4am check in.I have to say it was very good,we were provided with tea cereal and toast in our room at 3am.we stayed again the night of our return and again great service we were able to get tea and sandwiches well after midnight.We stayed in the radisson dublin airport in the past and they would give as much as a slice of toast before an early flight.I would stay in the carlton again as it is one of the better hotels near the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fedupIreland
CartlonGM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review and nice feedback in relation to your stay at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed March 26, 2011

The hotel looks nice from the outside, but the rooms are a bit run down compared to the modern exterior and the reception. You are on the flighpath and even though I requested a room on the other side to the runway (which they gave me) you still get woken at 5:30 when the transatlantic fligts land. The hotel is in a no man's land and unless you have a car, your only way out is the courtesy bus to the airport. You need to book a seat on this for the early morning, and it was full when I left at 5:15am, so I was pleased I did.

Free internet but limited to one device so only latop or Iphone, not both. Room service edible and OK. An average affair. For the money go to the Crowne Plaza in Northwood but its not much better.

In fact, thought I didn't give it a great review, if you got a good rate, the Croke Park hotel plus a taxi booked to the airport is a better deal. Would I go back, probably not.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Review

I am grateful for your feedback in relation to the Carlton Hotel and assure you that we will use your comments to constructively improve the overall quality of the hotel.

Yours Sincerely

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I spent the night in this hotel in July of last year. I was on a business trip heading back to New York when my flight was canceled for the following day. I was put up in this hotel by Delta airlines in Dublin airport. I checked in and everything seemed fine until i went down to have dinner. I was given complimentary dinner vouchers. So i ordered dinner and then i went up to the bar and ordered a beer and paid for it there and then. I sat back down at my table my dinner came and i finished up and drank my beer. I proceeded to go back upstairs to my room to rest when 2 secs after closing my door i was confronted by a member of stay and asked "Did you pay for your beer sir?" I said yes i sure did here's my receipt and he just walked away. I was very annoyed at this and i went back downstairs to complain to the assistant manager. He wasn't any help. He told me the General manager was off duty. I said I'm checking out right now. I booked myself into another Airport hotel. I left my number with the assistant manager and i asked for the general manager to call me the following day to discuss this matter. A whole week went by and no call from the manager. I then called the hotel again and got through finally to the manager this time. His attitude was simply "oh they made a mistake", "i said I'm sorry", "what do you want me to do about it?" That's the manager for you. Well as far as I'm concerned this hotel needs to retrain its staff and the could do with a new manager too who actually has some customer service and people skills. PLEASE DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL GO TO ANY OTHER LOCAL HOTEL FOR 100% Better Service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Kingmidas1
dublin
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Great hotel. Attended and organised a 2day conference in one of the new rooftop suites and it was a lovely experience. Arrived very early and tea and coffee was brought to out room within a spit second of order. I attend events and meetings throughout ireland on a regular basis and this hotel was second to none, cannot praise it enough, and Will recommend the hotel to friends and clients in the future. Also a quick thanks to oliver who looked after us all day. He was adept and professional in every request i look forward to visiting them again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I arrived at the airport in Dublin and rang the courtesy phone asking if I could request the shuttle bus. I was told that it runs on certain times and when I asked the female receptionist where I could find the bus I was told in a stressed manner "at the bus stop". I was not able to locate this bus stop but thankfully the information desk at the airport was helpful and it was easy to find as well as a short walk. (Area 14 which is straight out as you come out from arrivals, again straight through the parking house. Area 14 is at the far end of all the bus stops.)
It was a short drive so location is good.
However on arrival I was struggling with my luggage which would've been obvious by the driver and reception staff but neither offered any help. At least I got someone to carry it up to my room for me after I asked for help. Also it would've been nice if the receptionist could've given me some information like check out time, where I could find the restaurant etc but she was too stressed to really smile and take care of me as a customer. Note that I was the only one checking in and it was evening so not very busy.
The room and bath is very nice but I was not able to change the temperature on the water in the shower so it was a good thing I like hot showers.
Two lamps did not work in the room and I quickly got a nice gentleman to help me out. Reason for not working-light bulbs were dead. The bed was really comfy and it was a quiet room.
Restaurant was cosy with good service and food.
I would like to point out the elder gentleman who drove the shuttle bus in the morning as he saw me checking out and waited patiently for me without even knowing if I were going or not. He was also very helpful with the luggage.
Except for a bit grumpy receptionist staff I had a really pleasant stay and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your recent feedback relating to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am delighted that you had a successful conference with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

County Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We normally don't stay overnight at airport hotels before outbound flights,instead preferring to take the long drive to the airport from home,trying to arrive atleast 2 hours before our scheduled take off time,whatever that should be.As our flight was at 1515 hours we decided ,for a change,to try the Carlton Hotel as we figured we could have a lie in,breakfast & time to relax at the hotel rather than taking that long drive from home to Dublin Airport.Also,we had the added bonus of being able to park our car up there for the week rather than going to one of the airport car parks.It's something we'll definitely do again as it worked out perfectly for us.
We stayed in a family room & were happy with it.The room was clean,big & bright & well equipped with Tv,internet access,safe,iron,ironing board,hairdryer,tea/coffee making facilities,table,chairs,3/4 length mirror,complimentary national evening newspaper & bottled water,balcony but no mini-bar.Room temperature was perfect.The bathroom had bath,shower,toiletries,large mirror,shaving socket,bathrobes,slippers & plenty of towels.
Breakfast was good,served by friendly staff in a large,bright dining area with plenty of choice including cereals,fry,croissants,yoghurts,toast,juice,tea,coffee & fresh fruit.There were also complimentary daily national newspapers.
We found the hotel to be perfectly located for the airport,only minutes away.The free hotel/airport shuttle minibus ran to the airport every 30 minutes on & past the hour & back to the hotel every 30 minutes at 10 & 40 minutes past the hour.We used the hotel car park,outdoor,which was free for the night of our stay & then 6 euros per each day after.For checking on flights,the flight info screens in the hotel lobby were very handy.One final nice touch was that, though checkout is stated as being at 1200 noon we were allowed to check out at 1300 which meant we just had the minimum 2 hours to spend at the airport before our flight.
I'd have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for an overnight stay before a flight or even for a longer stay for someone wishing to visit Dublin but wishing to stay outside of the city centre.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Gaildorfblues
cjsmithnj
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here again for my last night in Ireland- can't beat the location. That being said, other things here need some work. I arrived and check in was easy- put my bags in the room and headed down for something to eat. I was told that I could only have the buffet as they had a big group coming in, and the menu was available slightly over an hour later. I said I would wait and was then fully ignored- by someone who appeared to be a manager no less, not good service at all! Before I left the hotel to attempt to eat something where they wanted my business a second employee (Jimmy) approached to see if I needed a drink. He offered me some options- sandwiches or cod and chips- as the kitchen expected to be busy with a large group. Since I wanted fish and chips initially I jumped on the offer. The simple fact that he explained what was going on and offered me some options was miles ahead of the person who I spoke to previously. The food was served quickly and was perfect. Cod was cooked nicely and the chips were good. As I listened to the events unfold around me it seemed management were very concerned about this large group (which never seemed to appear) and not so much about the people sitting in the lounge already, it seemed very confused and not the best customer service. Aaron behind the bar was friendly and helpful, and Jimmy seemed concerned about the customers as well. The rest of the staff happily pushed the carvery which honestlly did not appeal to me at all. I ended up meeting people and enjoying a few pints after my meal, but Jimmy and Aaron seemed to have the most common sense of them all- thankfully. A good time and a good meal.
I retreated to my room and attempted to take a shower. I say attempted because when I turned the shower on water sprayed EVERYWHERE... and I mean everywhere, including the hall area where my last set of clean clothing was hanging for my flight the next morning- clothing is now quite wet. I phoned reception and they were gracious but there was NO WAY that someone could have previously overlooked the issue. More water was spraying out all over the bathroom and hallway then getting on me standing below it.... I will admit I got a laugh out of it (until I saw my clothing soaking wet) but it was something that should have been addressed by housekeeping or repair staff long before I set foot in the room.
Again- great location to fly out on a morning flight, but be prepared for anything I guess!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!