“One of the highlight stays on our tour.!”

Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
Toronto, Canada
“One of the highlight stays on our tour.!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As part of our Royal Irish Manors Tour, we stayed at Dunboyne Castle much to our delight.
EVERYTHING was fantastic, from the time we checked in to checkout.
Staff, food, rooms and service was exceptional.
Thanks Dunboyne for the Irish hospitality at its best.!!

1 Thank OzTravellerJim
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear OzTravellerJim
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. We are really delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am happy to hear that the food offering was much appreciated our head chef and his team endeavour to offer an exceptional dining experience of simple, yet delicious Irish cuisine using top local and seasonal ingredients.
I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Elisabet Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for the first time. We booked last minute as we had to come over from England at fairly short notice to visit family in Lucan. We were unable to get our usual Castleknock hotel as One direction were performing in Dublin and lots of hotels were understandably booked up. We were so grateful to be guaranteed two connecting rooms for ourselves and our children.

The public areas of the hotel are very pleasant and the service was great, we had no complaints there. Breakfast was adequate and the Guinness was lovely and the kids loved the Cidona. My complaints are that the double bed mattress was v v creaky and uncomfortable, the in room fridge comes on really loudly at five past midnight both nights, and the swimming pool is adults only, IT DOES NOT SAY THIS ON THE WEBSITE so it was a waste of time packing the swimsuits.

This hotel was acceptable and I would stay again for the convenience of proximity to family but would prefer and would recommend Castleknock hotel ( more comfortable sleep, better breakfasts and whole family can swim together).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Annie D
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Annie D

Thank you for visiting us here in Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa recently and thank you for your feedback.

Although I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable visit, I was disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with some elements of your stay.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you were upset that your children could not access the hydrotherapy pool in the Spa. However I must clarify that this area is a Spa rather than a Leisure Centre, it is available to over 16’s only to maintain the tranquil and relaxing atmosphere which a spa promotes. This is clearly specified on our website in the Seoid Spa section and in our spa brochure.

I will pass your comments on our breakfast selection to our executive head chef and his team for discussion however I must also point out that the majority of our guests regularly compliment our breakfast offering and appreciate the effort we make to try and use fresh local produce when possible.

I acknowledge your feedback regarding the double bed mattress and the fridge. We pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort so please be assured I will raise these issue with our accommodation manager to investigate further.

Once again sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is renowned for.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had a one night stay with spa treatments and dinner for my 30th birthday but it felt like we were away for a week we were so relaxed! We had our heavenly spa treatments mid morning and then checked in to our room. After the morning in the spa we spent our afternoon in the Terrace bar enjoying the sun trap (albeit inside in the warmth!) The dinner we had in the restaurant that evening was wonderful. Gabby greeted us at the door and took such good care of us. She and the rest of the waiting and kitchen staff were fantastic with my food allergies. I’ve stayed in hotels before where Ive advised them many times of my allergy and unfortunately that info never got passed to the restaurant or kitchen and I end up eating limp vegetables and dry chicken, so it was really nice to have such a wide and tasty food choice!
Myself and my husband had a really great stay, and we were delighted to do the “Duvet Day” the following morning, lovely to check out at 16:30!! It was a perfect way to spend my 30th Birthday.

Dear Sinéad H

Thank you for your kind and detailed review of your recent visit to Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

The team and I are delighted to hear that both yourself and your husband had a very enjoyable time.
It is great to hear that you that took some time to avail of some spa treatments. At Seoid Spa, we endeavour to welcome you into a stress free, relaxing environment where you are guaranteed the ultimate in pampering and beauty. I do hope you felt relaxed and rejuvenated after.

I am delighted to also hear you took some time out to avail of our Terrace Bar Lounge facility and enjoyed the sunshine, The Terrace Bar is indeed a popular and stylish place for guests to socialise in an informal setting.

We truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding the food offering in The Ivy. I am also pleased to hear that we were able to cater for your food allergies. Our Executive Head Chef and his team continuously endeavour to offer a wonderful selection of menu’s, full of aromas, textures and mouth-watering flavours to suit everyone’s tastes and I am pleased to hear that you were happy with this.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team and especially to Gabby whom you have mentioned.

I am delighted to hear that you took advantage of “Our Duvet Day” package which is a popular choice for many couples, offering the perfect way to relax and embrace some quality time away from the hustle and bustle.
On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Facilities are top notch! Rooms are well presented and staff are delightful. Food was amazing and best breakfast buffet I have had in a long time. Grounds are also stunning and worth a walk around if you get the chance.

Would happily stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Darcy E
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
Thank you for your kind feedback about your room, we pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you.

I am delighted you enjoyed the buffet breakfast selection; we endeavour to try and use fresh local produce when possible so I am glad to hear that it was enjoyed by you.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with the grounds of the hotel and that you took the opportunity to take a walk around the acres of mature gardens that we are surrounded by.

Finally thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated.

Spicewood, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

A premier place to stay within easy driving distance of Dublin. Our stay from 5/19 to 5/21was perfect. Excellent food with the best brown bread in Ireland. Both check in staff and dining room staff were perfect. We plan on staying during our next trip to Ireland

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear jerrygold1

Thank you for posting your wonderful review of Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

As you mentioned we are conveniently located close to the border of Meath and Dublin, we also have the added benefit of being central to a host of amenities that the village has to offer.

It is great to hear that you were happy with the food offering in The Ivy and especially enjoyed the brown bread. Our Executive Head Chef and his team continuously endeavour to offer a wonderful selection of menus, full of aromas, textures and mouth-watering flavours to suit everyone’s tastes and I am pleased to hear that you were happy with this.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated.

On behalf of everybody here, sincere thanks again for your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a lovely stay. Denise on the desk was lovely and Gabrielle in the restaurant couldn't do enough for my husband's (many) food intolerances. Free wifi was great. Only downside was paying an extra supplement for the spa and not everything was working. Also no slippers left in the bedroom. Sleep quality poor due to very rowdy wedding guests which of course isn't the hotel's fault. Everything else was super.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear KatieK2008

Thank you for posting your review of Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
Your feedback on our staff is much appreciated. We firmly believe that our personal touches add to a wonderful experience for our customers, it is very motivating when our hard work is clearly seen in your kind words. I will pass on your lovely comments to all concerned and especially to Denise & Gabrielle whom you have mentioned.
I am pleased to hear that we were able to cater for your husband’s food intolerances, our head chef and his team endeavour to ensure all our guests needs & tastes are catered for.
I apologise for the disturbed night’s sleep you experienced. We did have a function on in the hotel on the evening in question and while we always try to accommodate groups together to minimise disturbing other guests unfortunately this does not seem to have happened in your case. I will raise this with our Front of House Manager to ensure that room assignments are done more carefully going forward, where at all possible.

Regarding the charge to use the thermal suite, this is a recent introduction. We feel that to maintain the standards throughout the facility and to better manage the number of people who wish to use the thermal suite, the charge is necessary. We believe that €10 per room per stay is good value for the facilities on offer. Some other properties with spas in Ireland also charge for use of their thermal suites. However my apologies if not all equipment was fully functional.

St Albans
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed recently for wedding at a close by venue.
Hotel very clean. Staff attentive.
Breakfast great selection but would of expected the black pudding not to be brick like.
Spa amazing. Thanks to Anna, great therapist.
Only niggle was the mattress, at least one side of it, was completely sagging.
With a few pokey springs. Would definitely have asked to be moved but had to leave for wedding quite early following day so no time to move belongings.
Quite a variation on room rate.

Room Tip: Check the mattress when first in room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear LoulouStAlbans

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was lovely to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us recently.

It is great to hear that you found our staff to be attentive. We are lucky to have a team that are dedicated to looking after our guests and ensuring that they receive the best possible service.

Your kind comments on our spa is much appreciated, Seoid Spa is very popular with guests and it is nice to hear that you got to enjoy it and found it to be amazing.
I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to Anna.

I am delighted you enjoyed our culinary delights at breakfast, I also acknowledge your feedback regarding the black pudding and I will discuss further with our executive head chef.

I do take your constructive feedback on board regarding the mattress, please be assured I will raise this issue with our accommodation manager to have investigated.

Regarding your comments on our room rates, we have a variety of different room types which would explain the variation on price but our main aim remains the same, to offer excellent value for money. Furthermore we regularly run special offers as we endeavour to create a variety of breaks to suit all budgets.

Sincere thanks once again for your review and I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Elisabet Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Trim Castle Hotel
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!