“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
Kildare, Ireland
“Great stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Spent the bank holiday weekend here in this lovely hotel. Room was lovely and had a great view across the grass at the back of the hotel. Had a meal in the restaurant on Sunday night and altohough the place was busy, the staff looked after us very well and the meal was gorgeous.Breakfast on the Monday morning was top notch. Once again it seemed to be very busy but the staff managed the crowd very well. There was a constant flow of fresh food on both buffets and the girl standing at the hot food buffet went out of her way to offer me different kinds of eggs and podridge as I'm not a major fan of a full irish breakfast. Any other staff members I encountered throughout the hotel were also very kind and friendly. Very enjoyable stay and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 99SH2012
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear 99SH2012
Thank you so much for your very kind review on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa. Sincere thanks also for your great feedback and great detail on points of service; it's good to know that the little things which matter most were remembered.
We are blessed with a great team of longstanding members of staff and we endeavour to spread that friendly warm culture throughout the hotel, I will endure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.
I am thrilled to hear that you had a fine dining experience in The Ivy Restaurant, a facility which we are very proud of having been awarded 2 AA rosettes recently.
I am pleased to also hear that you enjoyed your breakfast; we try hard to cater for a wide selection of our guest’s tastes so it is great to hear that you have experienced this on your recent visit.
Please do come back and visit soon.

Elisabet Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I attended a family wedding here and can only give the height of praise to the staff and management of the hotel. The hotel is spotless, as are the grounds and the rooms. The rooms are of a high standard with big comfortable beds. The residents bar is a great size and the bar staff were quick to attend. We availed of the room service for breakfast and it was delivered on time and piping hot. will definitely return with the family for a stay in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ponner
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor.
We were delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
Many thanks also for your nice comments on our high standards of housekeeping and comfort; it is great to hear that you have experienced this.
Your encouraging words on our staff are much appreciated and I will ensure to pass on your favourable comments to the rest of the team.
We are continuously working on providing the highest of standards at all times and it is really lovely to hear you were very happy with everything in particular the staff and management which contributed to the enjoyment of your family wedding, It is always delightful to know that we have met or exceeded expectations.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again sometime soon.
ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

on arrival the hotel looked just wonderful.The reception staff couldnt be nicer. The rooms were nice also and maintanance you could clearly see was well up to scratch. The bar man in the bar was very helpful and friendly. Altogether a very good night and no area fell down at all. Unfortunately i cant say the same all around for breakfast. The breakfast host was very friendly a blonde haired girl. We had to ask 3 times for tea and coffee . We then went to the buffet which was clearly not been looked after properly. Myself and a friend brought it to the attention of a staff member called Carol a red haired girl that quiet a few things had run out only to get a smart shrug . There seemed to be a delay at the toaster which probably was added to the fact when i looked there was no bread which later was thrown into the basket by the same rude girl. We asked for toast from the kitchen as our fried eggs we had ordered where on the table cold at this stage from the delay in getting practically most things from hot buffet. The toast was then thrown on the table with some mutter TOAST . We had to go look for butter then .The breakfast was half cold and to be honest matched the atmosphere as the staff were unfriendly and clearly looked like robots. I work in the hospitality trade and would never comment without good reason as we all have off days but clearly the whole team lack good customer service at breakfast in every area of it. This is positive critisism fpr the management as its a shame because other than that i would say well done as you have everything else one hundred percent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank linda g
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear linda g. We appreciate you taking the time to review Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

However I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with certain aspects of the service that you encountered during breakfast on your recent visit to us.
I am very disheartened to hear that you feel a member of our team came across rude and unprofessional. We firmly believe that people are the hotels best asset and we try hard to ensure that the customer feels at home on every encounter, I sincerely apologise that this was not the case on your recent stay. Please be assured I will be addressing this issue immediately as this is certainly not the standards we set ourselves.
Your constructive feedback on the service delay you experienced is also noted. I will be investigating this further as we pride ourselves on our culinary offering and service which has resulted in recently been awarded 2 AA rosettes.

I am pleased to hear that there were some elements of your stay that were pleasurable. Many thanks for your nice comments on our high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that you have experienced this. Your kind words on our reception team and bar staff is much appreciated and I will ensure to pass on to the rest.
I do hope that you will consider a return to Dunboyne Castle as we would very much like to regain your confidence and provide a most memorable experience on that occasion.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Really top class hotel here, the rooms are just brilliant and gorgeous bathrooms. Big screen tv and huge comfortable bed. The Spa is well worth a visit with a pool, sauna, steam room, outdoor hot tub and so much more! You can receive treatments but all have to booked in advance. If I had one complaint about the hotel it would be breakfast time, some staff were a bit rude and slow and food wasn't replenished quick enough but overall 9.5/10 for me and wouldn't hesitate to return for a weekend here! A++

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear LeeD901
Many thanks for your high recommendation. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We pride ourselves with a reputation of high standards of housekeeping and comfort so it is great to hear that you have experienced this on your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed the use of Seoid Spa's facilities - it is a wonderful facility and I'm happy that it enhanced your stay. We do indeed recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment as the spa is a popular destination with hotel guests and regularly run attractive special offers each month which also prove to be very well received. We were most upset and disappointed to hear that some of our breakfast team came across as a bit rude, I sincerely apologise for this, it is certainly not the standards we set ourselves and rest assure I will be addressing this issue promptly. I will also be highlighting the delay in service with our restaurant manager.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future, perhaps for a longer stay next time.
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I attended a wedding here recently and booked my room through Stefan in reservations who to be honest was very efficient, friendly and prompt. The hotel is lovely the food in the hotel is really good and the waiting staff at the wedding were fantastic. The rooms are nice, modern, comfortable but nothing special. I couldn't get a phone signal though in the room on the first floor which really annoyed me. The breakfast was nice and the home made pastries were really good, however security in the hotel at night is a bit dubious. I had some random woman bang down my door twice at 5.30am, she was very drunk and was proceeding to bang on all doors on the 1st floor looking for someone she knew to "bunk" in with, she obviously wasn't staying there and she was very aggressive and there was no security around and I have to say she was very loud so how they didn't hear her is beyond me, I wouldn't be happy about this lack of security if I was staying there with my young children. On check out the next day I felt the reception staff to be very uninterested, I wasn't asked if I had a nice stay, they didn't smile and weren't very pleasant. Overall the hotel is nice and the food is good, there were parts of my stay there that could have been better but it was ok...would I stay for a family weekend...no, the security at night when my children would be asleep would worry me.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Lisa D. Thank you indeed for your review of your time with us here at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
While we are glad that there were aspects of your stay here that you did enjoy, I am very disappointed and saddened to read your comments of dissatisfaction in our offerings. This is sadly not indicative of the vast majority of feedback we receive. Firstly may I take this opportunity to apologise for the disturbed night’s sleep you experienced .By way of clarification may I also say that the security of our patrons is of very high importance to us , we have a duty of care to all the residents. As we have security in the hotel, it is a great shame that we didn't have the opportunity to deal with your situation there and then, should the noise incident have been reported to front office, we would have sent security up to the corridor from where the noise was coming from immediately to rectify the situation. Thank you also for your constructive feedback regarding our reception staff, we were extremely disappointed to hear that you felt the welcome and the service upon check out fell short of your expectations and our own. I apologise for the inefficiency from front desk and I will be addressing this with our front office manager. It really is most unusual as we pride ourselves in providing a very friendly service. I appreciate your kind words on Stephan, our reservations agent, I will ensure to pass on.
I do hope you will consider another visit to us so that we may have the opportunity to rectify this experience which does not match the usual Dunboyne Castle Hotel Welcome.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our first hotel stop in Ireland on an eight night vacation and we were not disappointed. We stayed two nights and enjoyed every minute of it. Staff was most accomodating and friendly, willing to go out of their way. Hotel was quite busy at all times, though not noisy when in the rooom. We did not take advantage of the restaurant, however we did have tea in the open sitting area. There were a couple of pubs within walking distance of the hotel, so we took the opportunity to eat locally. If we had one complaint and it is minor...the bath towels were thin and of poor quality. All in all, a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shoedog92. Thank you for your kind comment on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa. I will certainly pass your compliments onto all the team; we do pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that all ages enjoy their stay with us so it is great to hear that you have experienced this on your recent visit. Thank you also for your constructive feedback. We do hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday in Ireland and have a safe trip home. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again should you be in this part of the world again.
Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our room was amazing brilliant view,spacious and clean with a lovely balcony. Bar was good nice music. Only down fall in the bar was the food service we had to ask for our menus then when we asked a member of staff passing could he take our order he said we would have to go to the bar to place our order due to being short staffed, The Food was lovely.

Breakfast service was terrible a couple of the breakfast staff was not pleasant one in particular was carol I think that's her name a young girl with red hair, a lot of the hot food was empty mushrooms, beans and scrambled egg this was early about half 9,I just mentioned to her that the beans and mushrooms were empty she never answered me nor gave me any eye contact tutted and went back in to the kitchen, I work in a hotel mainly at breakfast and I would never treat any customer in this manner, I was only advising her. really no communication among the staff they were all running around looking very lost. The toaster is terrible the bread goes in and comes out un toasted could not turn it up as the handle was missing,had to ask a member of staff for bread to be toasted in the kitchen as there were a line of people waiting for toast and the breakfast was getting cold. There is a great selection available on the continental buffet.

Night porters were great very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alice M
Many thanks for your review on Trip advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the music in the bar on your recent trip.
However I am very upset to hear that you received poor service from some of our team during your visit.
We pride ourselves in personal service, it is very disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not deliver the quality of service we aim for and I apologise for this. We like to think that our people are our best asset here in Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa ,we sincerely hope that you will trust in us to take this feedback constructively and rectify an exceptional experience which does not match the usual Dunboyne Castle Hotel Welcome.
Thank you for highlighting the issues you encountered, they will be addressed promptly with our restaurant manager in order to nurture our reputation for high standards of service and food which has resulted in recently being awarded 2AA Rosettes.
Many Thanks also for your positive feedback on our night manager, I will ensure to pass your kind words on.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.
Elisabet Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 151 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,731 reviews
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!