Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Castleknock Hotel(Castleknock)
2,038 results
All reviewsbar downstairslovely hoteloutdoor jacuzzifull body massagethermal suitesteam roomrelaxation roomivy restaurantsteakrelaxing staydublin cityafternoon teafood was lovelybar foodweekend breakcouldn't faultstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012

beautiful hotel in fab surroundings. very clean and the rooms were fantastic and we had 2 roomsconected and we found this brilliant and very comfortable. unfortunatly the service in the restaurant really let this place down

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and have everything you require
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the restaurant. I would appreciate if you had to the time to contact me directly to elaborate on the reasons for this, so that I can follow up on same. My email address is ediaz@dunboynecastlehotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed at this fine establishment during a business trip and unfortunately I did not have the time to take advantage of the spa facilities. Everything else was commendable, though: helpful and courteous staff, spotless clean premises and rooms, nice bar, free wifi across all the hotel, average breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear kurtzuegg,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your recent visit for business, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is a pity that you did not have the time to enjoy the facilities in Seoid Spa, however perhaps you can return again for a leisure visit so you can experience same!
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently and had an amazing time, especially in the Spa. All the staff were so friendly and welcoming. We used the pool and the outdoor hottub which were great but I also got Shellac nails done by a lovely girl called Anka. I've never had a beautician or therapist who had as much attention to detail as she did. She had a hard job with my very short nails but did an amazing job! Highly recommended the place in general but especially her!

• Stayed: November 2012
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Sincere thank you for your great comments on your recent visit. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the spa in particular. I do hope you left relaxed and refreshed. I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I treated myself to a night away for my birthday, after a recent family bereavement I wanted something low key. I booked a winter special rate €24.50pps incl. Bed & Breakfast and requested a room on higher level away from bar noise, got Room 424 which was a lovely Deluxe Single room with a card from the Front Desk staff wishing me a Happy Birthday with a tray of chocolate & strawberries! I was absolutely delighted, very comfortable contemporary room with plasma TV, Queen size bed, coffee making facilities, bar refreshments and nice bathroom with bath & shower. Early bird menu available in Ivy Brasserie - 2 course €19.95 or 3 course for €24.95. I had the duck pate and Hake (out of parma ham) usually wrapped with mashed champ and leeks which was delightful accompanied with a nice spanish white wine. Breakfast was also enjoyeable and relaxing, many US visitors staying at hotel got speaking with a nice couple visiting Ireland for 10 days. Breakfast buffet had a good selection of fresh fruits, cereals, cold platters cheese and cold meats, hot dishes - Irish breakfast. I relaxed down in Thermal pool area, was too cold to go outdoors to hot tub and I was recuperating from viral infection so thought better stay indoors. I would definitely recommend for a night away. I stayed on Sunday night so families having a function downstairs so was a bit noisy with kids running around so I would probably not stay over a weekend if you want a relaxing getaway and want some piece. Menu of treatments also on offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors - Lower level request away from bar music and function room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Caroline F,
Thank you very much for you very kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay.
We do always try to acknowledge a celebration which is happening in some way, so I'm glad that you enjoyed your chocolates and strawberries!
Thank you also for your feedback on the noise from the function. I have taken this on board.
I hope you will come back and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good food and service. Excellant spa. Out door hot tub particurily good and enjoyable. Room very good.

Hotel full or at least the messazine bar was. Difficult to get seating there. Wedding on the go.
No fault of hotel, but a crying baby for a hour or more did not help the atmosphere. That's why we were away to get a break from the kids. Oh! and to celebrate 12 years being chained (married) together.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay, and may I take this opportunity to wish you a belated happy wedding anniversary! Apologies that you had a disturbed night's sleep; we generally try to assign rooms with children away from couples, however I'm sorry this did not happen in your case.
I do hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.