“Fantastic Spa!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
“Fantastic Spa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently and had an amazing time, especially in the Spa. All the staff were so friendly and welcoming. We used the pool and the outdoor hottub which were great but I also got Shellac nails done by a lovely girl called Anka. I've never had a beautician or therapist who had as much attention to detail as she did. She had a hard job with my very short nails but did an amazing job! Highly recommended the place in general but especially her!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Sincere thank you for your great comments on your recent visit. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the spa in particular. I do hope you left relaxed and refreshed. I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Elisabet Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I treated myself to a night away for my birthday, after a recent family bereavement I wanted something low key. I booked a winter special rate €24.50pps incl. Bed & Breakfast and requested a room on higher level away from bar noise, got Room 424 which was a lovely Deluxe Single room with a card from the Front Desk staff wishing me a Happy Birthday with a tray of chocolate & strawberries! I was absolutely delighted, very comfortable contemporary room with plasma TV, Queen size bed, coffee making facilities, bar refreshments and nice bathroom with bath & shower. Early bird menu available in Ivy Brasserie - 2 course €19.95 or 3 course for €24.95. I had the duck pate and Hake (out of parma ham) usually wrapped with mashed champ and leeks which was delightful accompanied with a nice spanish white wine. Breakfast was also enjoyeable and relaxing, many US visitors staying at hotel got speaking with a nice couple visiting Ireland for 10 days. Breakfast buffet had a good selection of fresh fruits, cereals, cold platters cheese and cold meats, hot dishes - Irish breakfast. I relaxed down in Thermal pool area, was too cold to go outdoors to hot tub and I was recuperating from viral infection so thought better stay indoors. I would definitely recommend for a night away. I stayed on Sunday night so families having a function downstairs so was a bit noisy with kids running around so I would probably not stay over a weekend if you want a relaxing getaway and want some piece. Menu of treatments also on offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors - Lower level request away from bar music and function room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Caroline F,
Thank you very much for you very kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay.
We do always try to acknowledge a celebration which is happening in some way, so I'm glad that you enjoyed your chocolates and strawberries!
Thank you also for your feedback on the noise from the function. I have taken this on board.
I hope you will come back and visit us again very soon.
Newbridge, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good food and service. Excellant spa. Out door hot tub particurily good and enjoyable. Room very good.

Hotel full or at least the messazine bar was. Difficult to get seating there. Wedding on the go.
No fault of hotel, but a crying baby for a hour or more did not help the atmosphere. That's why we were away to get a break from the kids. Oh! and to celebrate 12 years being chained (married) together.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay, and may I take this opportunity to wish you a belated happy wedding anniversary! Apologies that you had a disturbed night's sleep; we generally try to assign rooms with children away from couples, however I'm sorry this did not happen in your case.
I do hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was not warm, the food although reasonably priced was not good but the main issue was service. The staff were not adequately equipped to provide the level of service I would expect from the standard of hotel. It was a special occasion for us but very disappointing!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jillianon
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to us. I am very disappointed to hear this, as the feedback we receive from our guests is generally very positive.
I would appreciate if you could elaborate further on the reasons why you were unhappy with your stay, therefore if you have the time, please email me directly (ediaz@dunboynecastlehotel.com). Further information will enable us to investigate and rectify issues raised.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Dunboyne, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here two weeks ago for my partner's birthday. We had dinner in the restaurant which was fantastic and the service was great. Check in was quick and informative. The rooms were lovely with extras that were very much appreciated. As always I forgot my toothbrush, one phonecall to reception and it was there in seconds. The bed was huge and very comfy, and I didn't hear a noise all night even though there was a wedding in the hotel that night. Breakfast the next day was superb...lots to choose from and very fresh. Service again was excellent. The hotel itself is beautiful and the decor is lovely. Grounds around it are also lovely. I shall be back :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corie100
Sincere thanks for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we made your partner's birthday celebrations special.
It is encouraging to receive such great comments and I will pass this onto the team.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Best wishes
Co. Westmeath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel has been done great injustice on this site with comments. I had us booked for two nights before reading here about it and was very concerned and I need not have been. The views are nothing to write home about but the hotel is in a busy commuter town so what would you expect. The actual facilities, the staff and the appearance of the hotel is excellent. There was a debs and a wedding on one night together and to be honest we were barely aware they were there. There was also a huge tour group in and they had RIish dance lessions which we watched from a comfortable distance and found entertaining.... otherwise we were totally at home relaxed and actually did not move the car for the whole weekend. we went to the spa for two days and just chilled out!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that despite initial reservations, that you had a great stay.
I am also glad to hear that although functions were taking place during your visit, that they did not impact on your stay in anyway and that you had a relaxing time. We aim to ensure that all guests, whether they be visiting for a relaxing spa break, a function or a corporate visit, have a wonderful experience and I'm glad we achieved this for you both.
Please come and visit us again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Would definitely recommend this hotel. It has it all - great restaurant, cosy pub, relaxed lounge (love the furniture and open fire!), comfortable rooms and great spa (quiet & private with low level lighting - every ladies favourite!). The staff were great. Couldn't do enough for us and the manager Conor made us feel very welcome despite the fact that we were with a newborn (some hotels are not so 'baby friendly'). On check-in the receptionist, Jeane was friendly while professional and gave great recommendations for things to see and do.

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic. Spacious, private and quiet. I also stayed in a regular room on a previous...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear JMcN123
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit. I appreciate the time it took to do so. It is great to hear your very positive comments; we strive to continually improve the level of service we offer to our guests so this is very encouraging to hear.
I will pass on your kind words to all concerned and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.
Elisabet Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#4 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,581 reviews
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Castleknock Hotel & Country Club

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!