“Fantastic Value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
Meath
“Fantastic Value”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just back from Dunboyne castle, Very impressive hotel. There was a function on and did not interfere with main hotel what so ever. Meal in restaurant was good value for a early bird during the week. Rooms were clean, good shower. Need to review their TVs as dodgy signal. Issue with phone reception in parts of hotel. Cant fault it one bit. Good well presented breakfast

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback following your recent visit. I'm delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I have noted your comments on the TV and also the phone signal. Please come back and visit us again very soon.
Best wishes
Elisabet Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had an amazing 2 night stay. Food was beautiful, our suite was stunning. staff very friendly.The grounds of the hotel are very well maintain and lovely to walk around. I would highly recommend this hotel for couples

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sincere thank you for your wonderful review. It is so encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I will pass your lovely comments on to the team and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We got a deal for this hotel which included B&B and an evening meal and at the time it suited us perfectly as I was in the third trimester of my pregnancy and we didnt want to travel too far outside Dublin. The hotel itself is very nicely decorated and the whole layout is very impressive. The room was spacious, spotless and well equipped and the shower was nice and powerful. The leisure/spa facilities were also very good. The food in the restaurant was very tasty and the service also very good. Staff, in general, were very courteous and helpful.
The standard of the breakfast was also quite high.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice spa break.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maura K
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Sincere thanks for your very nice review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and the location was so convenient for you. I hope the rest of your pregnancy went well, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Best wishes
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I wrote a review for this hotel after staying 18/19 oct & am wondering why it wasn't published? Was it because I mentioned that my daughter became ill after eating in restaurant?
This is not a review - just a query!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jasperdog_12
Thank you for posting your comments. Please note that we have no control over reviews that are published, this is down to Tripadvisor.
We have no record of any such report being made to management on October 18th or 19th ; had this been done we could have certainly investigated the issue at the time.
If you would like to contact me to discuss this matter please do so - my email address is ediaz@dunboynecastlehotel.com.
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My Fiance booked a surprise weekend for us at this hotel to celebrate our engagement. I have to say that although the hotel was very busy, the service was great.The package we had was 2 nights b&b with 1 dinner costing 280e. Which I think is great value for a hotel of this standard. Our room was also upgraded to a stunning corner suite for free upon request and management sent a little plate of chocolates and strawberries to our room as congratulations.

The dinner was delicious. We chose to have fillet steak as our main for a 5e supplement each and they were cooked to perfection. We also received a complimentary glass of champagne with our desserts when our waitress heard our news, which we thought was a lovely gesture. especially as the chef took time to write congratulations on our plates with chocolate sauce during a very busy service.

A stunning hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The only thing I didn't like about it was the bar area on the ground floor. It wasn't cosy enough for us, but we found a great pub just down the road so it wasn't really a problem.

I would recommend a stay here to anyone, beautiful hotel with thoughtful and extremely efficient staff. I can't thank them enough.

Room Tip: When you are booking, ask for the possibility for an upgrade if the hotel is not busy. Then call the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Roisin,
Many thanks for your fabulous review and many congratulations on your recent engagement! I'm delighted that we could play a small part in making your celebrations special.
We do try and go the extra mile, particularly when an occasion is being celebrated, therefore I'm delighted to read your comments.
Please do come back and visit us again soon.
slane
Reviewed October 22, 2012

3 Friends and I stayed In Dunboyne Castle Hotel for one night on a dinner bed and breakfast rate! Lovely Hotel, nice and spacious! Great bedrooms. Restaurant extremley busy only available slot for dinner was 9pm. Service was slow, think they may have taken on more that they could cater for in the Restaurant! However food was great. Had quite a delay checking in and out due to Wedding Guests in the queue before us! Spa super. Bar very expensive!! Hotel should have a rethink with regard to this!! However beautiful cosy couches to chill and relax while enjoying the expensive drink!! Will be back and would recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am delighted to read your lovely comments following your recent stay. It is very encouraging to read such positive feedback.
Regarding the slow service in the restaurant, please accept our apologies for this - I do hope it did not impact on your evening too much. I will discuss this with our Restaurant Manager.
Regarding bar prices, we believe our pricing is in line with other 4 star hotels in our area.
Again many thanks for taking the time to review your stay, and I am delighted to see that you are looking forward to coming back again soon.
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel to stay at, spotlessly clean, quiet rooms but busy enough bar to create an atmosphere. We ate at the restaurant one day which was great. Breakfast is also good with a wide range to pick from. This is a bit remote from Dublin which is about 40 euros by taxi, or an hour by bus 6 to 10 euros), I tried both during the stay. Rooms are pretty spacious and comfortable although there is a lack of a plug socket near the bed for charging a phone. Overall this is a great spot, the grounds are calm and the local village has a few good pubs for a beer.

• Stayed October 2012
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Many thanks for your constructive review following your recent stay. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and also the village of Dunboyne.
I have noted your comments regarding the sockets near the bed and I will be discussing this with our Maintenance Team.
Again thank you very much for your great comments and I hope you will come and visit us again very soon.
Elisabet Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Trim Castle Hotel
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!