Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
$179
Twelfth Lock Hotel(Castleknock)
$190
$175
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club(Maynooth)(Great Value!)
$123
Priceline
2,036 results
All reviewsbar downstairslovely hoteloutdoor jacuzzifull body massagethermal suitesteam roomrelaxation roomivy restaurantsteakrelaxing staydublin cityafternoon teafood was lovelybar foodweekend breakcouldn't faultstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My Fiance booked a surprise weekend for us at this hotel to celebrate our engagement. I have to say that although the hotel was very busy, the service was great.The package we had was 2 nights b&b with 1 dinner costing 280e. Which I think is great value for a hotel of this standard. Our room was also upgraded to a stunning corner suite for free upon request and management sent a little plate of chocolates and strawberries to our room as congratulations.

The dinner was delicious. We chose to have fillet steak as our main for a 5e supplement each and they were cooked to perfection. We also received a complimentary glass of champagne with our desserts when our waitress heard our news, which we thought was a lovely gesture. especially as the chef took time to write congratulations on our plates with chocolate sauce during a very busy service.

A stunning hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The only thing I didn't like about it was the bar area on the ground floor. It wasn't cosy enough for us, but we found a great pub just down the road so it wasn't really a problem.

I would recommend a stay here to anyone, beautiful hotel with thoughtful and extremely efficient staff. I can't thank them enough.

Room Tip: When you are booking, ask for the possibility for an upgrade if the hotel is not busy. Then call the day before to remind them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Roisin,
Many thanks for your fabulous review and many congratulations on your recent engagement! I'm delighted that we could play a small part in making your celebrations special.
We do try and go the extra mile, particularly when an occasion is being celebrated, therefore I'm delighted to read your comments.
Please do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

3 Friends and I stayed In Dunboyne Castle Hotel for one night on a dinner bed and breakfast rate! Lovely Hotel, nice and spacious! Great bedrooms. Restaurant extremley busy only available slot for dinner was 9pm. Service was slow, think they may have taken on more that they could cater for in the Restaurant! However food was great. Had quite a delay checking in and out due to Wedding Guests in the queue before us! Spa super. Bar very expensive!! Hotel should have a rethink with regard to this!! However beautiful cosy couches to chill and relax while enjoying the expensive drink!! Will be back and would recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I am delighted to read your lovely comments following your recent stay. It is very encouraging to read such positive feedback.
Regarding the slow service in the restaurant, please accept our apologies for this - I do hope it did not impact on your evening too much. I will discuss this with our Restaurant Manager.
Regarding bar prices, we believe our pricing is in line with other 4 star hotels in our area.
Again many thanks for taking the time to review your stay, and I am delighted to see that you are looking forward to coming back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel to stay at, spotlessly clean, quiet rooms but busy enough bar to create an atmosphere. We ate at the restaurant one day which was great. Breakfast is also good with a wide range to pick from. This is a bit remote from Dublin which is about 40 euros by taxi, or an hour by bus 6 to 10 euros), I tried both during the stay. Rooms are pretty spacious and comfortable although there is a lack of a plug socket near the bed for charging a phone. Overall this is a great spot, the grounds are calm and the local village has a few good pubs for a beer.

• Stayed: October 2012
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Many thanks for your constructive review following your recent stay. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and also the village of Dunboyne.
I have noted your comments regarding the sockets near the bed and I will be discussing this with our Maintenance Team.
Again thank you very much for your great comments and I hope you will come and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here recently for a hen do, and it was eye opener. When I arrived our room was ready so we went straight up. The room was lovely, the heat in the room however was not. Even with the air conditioning the room was still hot. We ordered food from the bar and numerous times they messed up our orders and our plates and glasses took ages to be cleared.The bar staff were very poor numerous times we ordered drinks off them and they never came. The restaurant was the most unusual since there was NO Potatoes or Veg with the main course,VERY iritating. The next morning i was woken up very early by a plane flying over the hotel and that continued till we left. There was also barely any mobile phone reception. Definitely not a four star hotel. Drinks were VERY expensive too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank groovylinda

Thank you for your feedback, following your recent stay with us. I am extremely disappointed and also surprised to hear of your experience, as we generally receive excellent feedback from our guests.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings which you experienced with the service in the bar. I will be raising this with our Bar Manager for investigation.
Regarding pricing, our prices are in line with other 4 star hotels in the surrounding area.
Regarding the noise from the planes, this is not something which has been an issue to date, however due to our location close to Dublin Airport, aircraft may be heard at times.
Again thank you for your constructive comments which I will be raising with our management team.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

After 4 nights in Central Dublin we stayed here for a short stay whilst my wife was attending a conference.
The hotel is about 20 mins taxi from Central Dublin but a few minutes walk from the Hotel you can get a bus which starts and finishes in Dunboyne to the city centre.The bus journey is about 55mins and costs less than 3 euros
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.Breakfast,a buffet style was varied and plentiful.
There are cafes etc in the small town if you don't want to pay hotel prices for breakfast etc.
The Brasserie restaurant does a set menu ,early bird at w/ends, any time mid-week.This was I thought excellent and the price compared favourably with the town prices.
If you don't want to stay in the City then this seems a good base.Free Wi Fi also at this hotel.
Really helpful staff

Room Tip: All the rooms seem equal as it is in a very quiet location
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lit39

Sincere thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, following your time in Dublin. We believe that our location is indeed favourable, being within easy reach of Dublin and yet in a rural location.
I will pass on your kind words to the team and I hope you come to visit us again in the near future.