“Great food and very good atmosphere”
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Dunboyne
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ivy offers an original selection of modern Irish and international cuisine in an intimate, warm and stylish atmosphere.Delicious Irish produce is used in dishes such as St. Tola's Goats Cheese Salad, Chargrilled Angus Beef Fillet and Pan-fried West Coast Scallops. The Ivy also provides specially created menus to cater for all dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and lactose free options. The menus are strongly influenced by Head Chef John Nagle's passion for using Ireland's seasonal and world-class ingredients.The Ivy is delighted to have been awarded two AA Rosettes for culinary excellence.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Most enjoyable evening at the Ivy with friends and the food was fabulous.. Great service without overdoing it

ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear journeyperson2012

Thank you for your lovely words on Trip Advisor.

I was thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable time here in The Ivy and we feel very privileged to have had your custom.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had a fantastic experience overall. Until a surprise birthday dinner at The Ivy! They ruined the surprise & Tom [---] & his staff were extremely condescending and rude. As well as them trying to overcharge us for pre-paid cash paid drinks. Management was extremely poor & tried to bully us. Am extremely distraught that the wedding venue of my dreams is now not an option. If only the owners would see how damaging these staff members really are!!!

ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear KWayornoway
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
I am compelled to address the same as your review of your experience is in contrary to what many others reported happened. It was your own party that caused a disruptive experience to other diners on the night in question.

In your review, you claim that our team came across as “condescending and rude”. My reports state that your party were found to be abusive and rude to both in house guests and also our team and in particular to our restaurant manager which prompted us to ask you to leave if you continued your behaviour.

I am also deeply disappointed by your comments on our Operations Manager, Tom Breen. Tom is a valued member of the team and we regularly receive excellent feedback from guests to confirm this.

Regarding your alleged claims on bullying behaviour, we would take any report of bullying very seriously and it is not our policy to raise our voices to each other let alone any of our respected guests.

Giving that during your dining experience, on numerous occasions our team had to approach your party to ask you to reduce the noise levels as you disturbed several fellow guests who in turn logged complaints regarding your behaviour to our management team I feel your review is misleading and I hope readers of this review will now have a more accurate account of the issues we encountered.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I recently visited the Ivy having recieved a voucher at xmas. The food is fantastic and really beautifully presented.

One of the most surprising things was the cost. I just expected it to be a lot more expensive than it is. I was very surprised at the standard of food for the great price.

I will definitly be returning with my family, maybe even for my sons confirmation as this would be a great spot for dinner and some nice photos.

ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Kim C

Thank you for your lovely words on Trip Advisor.

It was lovely to hear that you found the food during your visit to be of such a high standard. The Ivy Restaurant is a fine dining restaurant with locally sourced and fresh products.
Our Executive Head Chef and his team have devised a wonderful menu full of aromas, textures and mouth-watering flavours to suit everyone’s tastes and it is great to hear that you have experienced this. I am delighted to also hear that you were happy with our menu prices, we endeavour to cater for all guest’s budget types and offer a wide selection of menu types with the early bird starting off at only €21.95.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and finally I would like to say we would be honoured to welcome you back to the hotel, perhaps for your sons confirmation as you have mentioned.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My lovely husband booked one night in the hotel plus a romantic dinner in the restaurant. Outside the fact that the room was wowww :) Food was delicious, we loved it. Atmosphere was just perfect for a romantic dinner. Really big Thank You to Gabriela Apostol and the rest of the team for making my birthday so special. Me and my husband really appreciate your kindness and great experience in treating people with respect and looking after them. Everything was absolutely fabulous however i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone !! All we could say is that Dumboyne Castle Hotel is on our favourites list. We will see you soon !!

ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Nicolyna
I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently here in Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa and also for taking the time and effort to share your experience and your views.

I am delighted to learn that you had such a thoroughly enjoyable visit. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel, and in particular regarding our staff.
It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that they helped somewhat in the big birthday celebrations. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team and especially to Gabriela who you mentioned.
I am delighted to also hear that the food offerings were appreciated. Our head chef and his team endeavour to offer an exceptional dining experience of simple, yet delicious Irish cuisine using top local and seasonal ingredients which has resulted in The Ivy receiving 2 AA rosettes to confirm this.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

They were full when we arrived but the service was great nothing was a problem for our waitress. The food could be better but im putting that down to the fact they were very busy. I would go back

ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear NatsDublinIreland

We would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to review your recent visit with us here in The Ivy Restaurant.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your visit to the Ivy and that you were happy with the service you received from our team.

Your feedback on our staff is much appreciated, our restaurant team works hard to ensure all guests have a great and memorable experience with us.

We firmly believe that our personal touches add to a wonderful experience for our customers, it is very motivating when our hard work is clearly seen in your kind words and feedback is always welcome and shared.

Your constructive feedback is also noted regarding the food offering, we had extremely high occupancy levels in The Ivy on the night in question and as you mentioned we were very busy however I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please also be assured that I will be raising your comments with our executive head chef and his team as we pride ourselves on our culinary offering which resulted in being awarded 2 AA rosettes.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back.