“Very enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Myself & husband enjoyed a gorgeous meal here recently, It was a Saturday afternoon, quiet enough when we arrived but then started to get busy. Staff are very friendly & polite, food was gorgeous & OMG the desserts were amazing, would return just for them!! menu reasonably priced.

Andrew D, Public Relations Manager at Caffrey's of Batterstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2015

Delighted you enjoyed your experience at Caffrey's of Batterstown we enjoyed serving you an appreciate the feed back. We hope to see you again soon thank you from all at Caffreys

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Im sorry to say I have to agree with the previous reviews. We went to Caffrey's for the first time last Sunday. I looked at their website and saw a weekend special on Saturday/Sunday two course meal advertised at 16 euro so we decided to give it a try. We waited a while to be seated and unfortunately were seated next to a large family group with several young children who almost were wrestling on top of us. When I asked for the menu for the weekend special the waitress gave me a look as if I was stupid and said we don't do weekend specials you got that wrong . We ordered turkey and Ham.. It was poor carvery food at a la carte prices. Turkey cold and dry and only one roast potato. The vegetables served were cabbage and turnip, Im not fond of cabbage so I asked if i could replace it with a different vegetable and the waitress looked at me as if I was a trouble maker. She told me cabbage is all you can have.
Nobody came back to us during our meal to see if we were ok or needed drinks etc.
I eventually went up to the bar and asked for a desert menu and after ordering we waited 40 mins for 2 deserts which were small average and overpriced . I asked twice if the deserts were ready and was told they would be here in a minute. We were about to walk out when they arrived. Overall i would say the staff were disorganised ignorant and the food was not up to the standard for the price charged. I have gone to many pub carvery's were the food was hot fresh and large portions and a good selection.At least on those occasions I didn't have to wait ages to be served by rude staff. I was disappointed because I went out of my way to travel to Batterstown to try Caffrey's as I heard it was award winning food and the decoration was very nice, Sorry I wont return again .

5  Thank rockafello
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I live in Meath and I went to Caffreys yesterday for lunch. Had a steak, then ordered a dessert and a coffee. Twenty minutes later, I was still waiting for them. Eventually I just had to leave. Went up to pay, a member of staff said "Oh, I'll get you your latte now." Still no mention of the dessert, which had clearly been forgotten about - I doubt that the order ever reached the kitchen - so I told them not to bother with the coffee either. They then tried to give me somebody else's bill. Absolute shambles - the Fawlty Towers of the Irish restaurant business but not half as funny. Avoid.

3  Thank Brendan M M
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Straight to the point - service was dreadful, food average and extremely overpriced!!!! We ordered turkey and ham for both of us, we waited 40 mins for this. We asked 3 times when our food would arrive as we had finished our drinks, on the third occasion I was informed "it's Sunday - its families day", not even an apology! Several staff walked by us and the couple beside us, who incidentally waited longer than us for their food even though they asked for it 4 times, and not once they even look our way!!! The food was so basic.... One slice of turkey cut in two and half a slice of ham with tasteless vegetables.

Our initial plan was to go to the snail box but having seen three signs on the road advertising this place we ventured there.......never ever again!!!!!

Waiting 40 mins for overpriced average carvery food is not acceptable.....avoid this place!!!!!

6  Thank bernmarks