“Favourite restaurant ever.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant, the food is amazing and the staff are so friendly, their attention to detail is excellent. Always offered a very warm welcome, their prices are extremely reasonable and their early bird offer is great. My only niggle is the atomiser or air freshener in bathrooms is too strong.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited on a very quiet Monday evening with our family and we were greeted by the owner Paul, who was very friendly. The 2 course early bird (€15.99) menu was fantastic value and delicious and included a beer! Service was excellent! If you're in Dunboyne, check it out.

1  Thank LuvToTravelAndEat
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I have gone here for the last few years and it has never been great but now has gone downhill to be be just down right bad.

Despite the restaurant being empty they sat everyone beside each other at ridiculously small tables.

Service is apalling with diners talking amongst themselves about how bad it is, which is easy as everyone is jammed up on top if each other, even though the restaurant is 60% empty.
Bopadoms are poor with very tired lime pickle, chillie etc/
Asked for lamp chop starter but was told due to tough times they couldn't be stocked due to wastage.
I ordered Paprika the hotest dish in the
Menu, what a let down, Zero spice.

Meal was a disaster of service, food, ambience,'everything.

Avoid at all coats!!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ate here recently and cannot fault it. Went in on a weekday night and the place was pumping. The staff were very friendly and the menu selection huge. The wine was lovely too. Service was very quick and efficient. All in all a lovely experience, and I shall be back.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I consider myself most fortunate that Taj Tandoori is my local curry house. I've been eating there for years and never, ever, have had a bad meal. In a tale of two people, I like mine hot and herself perfers it not so spicey, yet we are both happy at Taj. I prefer the Lamb Sag, or the Dansag, medium or medium to hot and she has the Tandoori butter chicken, which is not spicey but to die for.
2 things to remember about Taj: 1)The food invariably tastes better in the restuarant than when we take away and 2) Remember to tell them how spicey you like your food - they will accomodate just about any dish to any level of spiciness.
Enjoy!