“Wonderful Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Tandoori

Taj Tandoori
Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in Dunboyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dunboyne, Ireland
“Wonderful Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ate here recently and cannot fault it. Went in on a weekday night and the place was pumping. The staff were very friendly and the menu selection huge. The wine was lovely too. Service was very quick and efficient. All in all a lovely experience, and I shall be back.

• Visited September 2012

Dunboyne, Ireland
“Great Curry!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I consider myself most fortunate that Taj Tandoori is my local curry house. I've been eating there for years and never, ever, have had a bad meal. In a tale of two people, I like mine hot and herself perfers it not so spicey, yet we are both happy at Taj. I prefer the Lamb Sag, or the Dansag, medium or medium to hot and she has the Tandoori butter chicken, which is not spicey but to die for.
2 things to remember about Taj: 1)The food invariably tastes better in the restuarant than when we take away and 2) Remember to tell them how spicey you like your food - they will accomodate just about any dish to any level of spiciness.
Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We really like the food here. Very tasty. The take away is just as good quality as that in the restaurant. It always tastes fresh.
It does not seem to cater for the family market though. They don't have high chairs which in my mind speaks volumes as to who they don't want in the door. I would think this is a positive in some people's minds though.

• Visited November 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Indian anywhere in Ireland.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Like the one other review, can't say enough about Taj!

We booked Taj in Dunboyne for a New Year's Eve dinner for 8 adults and their respective children! The manager VJ was really helpful in organizing the kids meals as well as a fantastic spread of Indian food. He even upgraded our wine choice from the fixed menu at no extra charge! We arrived at 6PM and were well looked after until we exited at 9PM... all very satisfied indeed.

So, what about the food: Everyone loved the mixed grill sizzling starter! Paul's special nutty sauce was also a crowd pleaser. The chilli masala had a nice hint of lemon and the Peshwari naan is the best anywhere.

If you ever get a chance to dine here - do. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Taxco50
dublin
“One of the best indian I ever tasted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have been eating in Taj Tandoori since it ever opened in Dunboyne. We either get a take away or seat down for a meal approx. once a month.
There has been many restaurants in the area that opened up with a great menu and service but after few months the food quality was just not the same...
Taj Tandoori isn't one of them! The food quality is always great, the meat tastes like meat and this is specially relevant to chicken dishes!
Their curries are full of flavour and yes you might wait for your mains for a while but it's well worth it as they are properly cooked! The meat taste like it has been marinated in the spices/your curry sauce, not just thrown in the pot very last minute.
And all dishes have their own flavour! There is nothing worse than ordering 4 different curries and discovering that they all look and taste almost identical. I've been trying to go through their whole menu but finding it a very difficult as I usually discover something I like so much I want to order it again and again... So far I'm probably around half way and I still haven't had a one meal I didn't like, but I can't comment on seafood curries as this is something I would never order in indian restaurant. My two recent favourites are Karai and Dahle Lamb.
If you like your indian food spicy I suggest you ask for it, my last spicy dish wasn't anything as hot as I expected it to be.
The value of food is fantastic. Last time we went for a meal for two for €50 and this included choice of 2 starters, 2 main courses, rice and nan bread and bottle of read or white wine! The selection of dishes to choose from was great.
Normally we go for an early bird at €16 pp, great value but selection of dishes isn't as good.
We always were given complimentary popadoms and selection of delicious dips while waiting for hot food to arrive.
The service could be slow but always very friendly and helpful.
Now time for a negative comment... The stairs leading to the restaurant make really bad first impression, once inside the atmosphere isn't bad, but not great either. It lacks something and if I could put my finger on it it probably would be called cosiness... The decor looks rather cheap and it could do with some refreshing/updating,
Nevertheless we always enjoy dining there and will definitely be back soon.

I would highly recommend trying Taj Tandoori for a dinner or a take away.

• Visited August 2011