“Hidden gem”

Jurin Podrum
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Stari Grad
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Charming family-run restaurant on a secluded Medieval street in the heart of Stari Grad, with a stone-clad interior and outdoor tables squeezed into a narrow aley, the center of trade and craft from 15th century. Serving delicious dishes of the Dalmatian cuisine since 1917. We are growing our own organic vegetables just outside the center of the town as well as producing our own olive oil.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had the outstanding value set meal - fennel soup, both fish and pork main dishes and lavender panna cotta; with a glass of wine. Each dish was delicious and cooked to perfection. We finished with a cup of excellently brewed Turkish coffee. We would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place and so glad we gave it a try. Fennel soup, pork in Dalmatian herb sauce and lavender panna cotta, were all superb. My husband got a pasta with fig goodness - also outstanding. Great service (waiter didn't seem jaded by tourists) and he was very warm. His English wasn't as good as other places, which added to the positive experience - making it feel more authentic.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was truly the best meal I ate in all my time in Croatia!!!

The staff were incredibly friendly and a beautiful setting for a meal. The restaurant tables are outdoors predominately, in a narrow cobbled street, with overhead fairy light style lighting.

On our first visit we were offered a free salad while we looked over the menu which had been grown in the restaurant rooftop garden. Delicious!!!

The menu was a good size, with something for everyone. What can only be described as the giant meat platter I opted for was phenomenal!!! Perfectly cooked, masses of taste, and everything you could imagine when ordering a dish like this. The fig pasta was astounding and my partner has been trying to replicate it ever since out visit!

Couldn't recommended this lovely little restaurant enough times and I hope to return one day to sample even more of the menu!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My friend and I ordered the pork in Dalmatian sauce and another stuffed pork dish, and split both along with grill vegetables. All was superb. The food and service were wonderful. I am so glad I recognized the name from looking at Trip Advisor reviews, and after browsing the menu we were hooked. All the dishes sounded great. The Dalmatian sauce was incredible and the vegetables were crisp and tender and drizzled with a delicious balsamic vinegar sauce. Highly recommend. Tucked in a little alley off the Riva but a sign on the main road makes it easy to find. If you're in Stari Grad - eat here, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

that's just a great place. friendly, cosy, serving fresh, simple and delicious food. my favorites are seafood risotto and the octopus salad. one should alo try the fish platter, but to be honest - anything from the menu is at least good, and moost of it is just great. service is very warm and friendly, after a few days of visiting you feel like meeting your good friends. 5/5!

1  Thank krolikotapir