We stayed in this hotel in August of 2011 with our 2 year old, and this was the best family vacation we had so far. To begin with, the staff was exceptionally polite and that alone is enough to put you into a relaxed-happy-vacation mode. We'll give the 5 stars for service easily! Then, the animation was a lot of fun, every evening something new. The food was delicious and great choice, although deserts were a bit boring - but as far as I am concerned that is not necessarily bad - less temptation to stuff yourself with empty calories. And there was a lot of activities to keep our child entertained, which took off a lot of stress from us. The beach was nice and clean, and there were always available beach chairs - they came at additional small fee, which I believe is the reason for their availability:)
The only thing that wasn't so great is the small size of rooms, and the smoking everywhere outside on hotel property, which means always smoking during evening amination entertainment and anytime you want to lounge outside - people around just smoke away! I really hope they will reconsider that policy - this should not be allowed in a family hotel.
But all in all, we enjoyed our stay and I am sure will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The leading resort in Croatia for families, active holidays and entertainment The award winning Valamar Tamaris Resort is located within the beautiful and green Lanterna peninsula, featuring a well maintained park with mature oak and fir trees together with Mediterranean shrubs that line the meandering pedestrian walkways and well kept beaches. The whole resort has a local character and a family friendly feel, with fantastic entertainment programs for children within the Maro Club and a great choice of activities for adults. It is ideal not just for families with children, but also for adults who enjoy sports and active holidays. Accommodation choice within the Valamar Tamaris Resort is varied: Club Hotel Tamaris, Casa Palma exclusive apartments, family rooms in Casa Agava, villas and luxury villas, including a unique and recently renovated villa within an old lighthouse. All guests, regardless of their chosen accommodation can use the wealth of facilities and services of the resort - excellent restaurants, swimming pools, tennis courts, other sport facilities, as well as any of the entertainment programs for children or adults. The resort is especially proud of its enthusiastic, friendly, helpful and highly praised staff who are dedicated to helping each and every resort guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Valamar Club Tamaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valamar Club Tamaris Hotel Tar
- Valamar Hotel Porec
- Valamar Hotel Tamaris
- Valamar Club Tamaris Croatia/Tar