“Awful service with merely average food.Very disappointed.”
Review of Bhan Thai - CLOSED

Bhan Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were one of three tables in this place the night we visited and every table had cause to complain about something! The staff seemed clueless (not a Thai person in sight) our wine was mixed up, the waitress didnt know what was in the starters and the liberal use of spray cleaner next to our table are just some examples of what made this such a poor experience. In fairness to the two very young waitresses they were polite but had clealy never been trained how to wait table.I heard one ask the other "which way round do the knife and fork go". The older front of house lady delivered prawn crackers to the table out a catering box with a plastic bag over her hand and was later seen at another table rubbing her shoeless feet.
The food itself wasnt that bad it just wasnt good either. I can count on one hand the occasions when we didnt leave a tip and this was one of them. I can only hope that the staff were all on holiday and the owner just grabbed some passers by to watch the place.

1  Thank P C

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Judging by the last three reviews, we must have been in somewhere else. We were the first in and found the waitress welcoming. The owner? was more content to stay behind the desk, using the computer. The décor is stunning, it is one of the best restaurants I've been in for that. No listing of beer on the menu, perhaps £3.20 for a small bottle is the reason. My starter was delicious, as was the main [Tofu green curry]. However, my wife's prawn red curry was hot after she asked for mild, and the four prawns had the shell on, and the rice portions were very small. Overall it lacked atmosphere, and I expect the host/owner to at least introduce themselves. It has the potential to be much, much better, and some have found it so. Would not go back.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fantastic flavours, beautifully presented. Friendly helpful service. Comfortable surroundings. Great value.

2  Thank nickworcestershire
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Modern decor (after it burnt down some years ago). At lunch (2 courses less than £10) the food is quite exemplary for the money asked. We have I think eaten every starter and every main course. There isn't a duff dish on the lunchtime menu! There is plenty of choice, and ingredients and flavours are really very, very good indeed. Service is charming. The drinks list is good quality and sensibly priced. We go at least 3 times a year, and if we were in walking distance it would be far more often. I recommend this restaurant to all our friends and no-one has a bad word to say against it.

2  Thank NicandSue
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Good value set menu. Large portions of livingly prepared food. Very friendly. Modern interior sympathetically converted from Victorian (?) shop with interesting authentic artefacts. Super wine list. Great with children. Give it a go!

1  Thank BarbaraCartland