The Cottage in the Wood
$122
$97
Holdfast Cottage Hotel(Great Malvern)
$116
$113
Hotels.com
Malvern Hills Hotel(Great Malvern)
$107
The Abbey Hotel(Great Malvern)
$131
Mount Pleasant Hotel(Great Malvern)
$83
$81
  • Breakfast included
Great Malvern Hotel(Great Malvern)
$83
Foley Arms Hotel(Great Malvern)(Great Value!)
$54
Priceline
  • Restaurant
$166
The Malvern(Great Malvern)
$160
1,068 results
All reviewsmalvern hillsstunning viewswine listthe main hotelfresh milkhotel groundscoach housesewing kitbiscuitsdinner menulovely hotellovely roomrelaxed atmosphereevening mealour wedding anniversaryhigh standardafternoon tea
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights on a half board basis earlier this month. Splendid location with a view that's everything others say about it. Rooms spotless and quiet and the family-run atmosphere works well though we encountered at least 10 different members of staff. The food was very good and we enjoyed our meals . However, the drawback for us was that the menu is a set one for about 6 weeks at a time , I believe. After 2 days this begins to pall. If one fancied fish again it's exactly the same fish as before. We would prefer a daily changing menu with choice which other hotels like this manage to offer This is the kind of place where one could easily spend a week as there is so much to do in the area: walking, music, theatre, interesting places to visit but I couldn't recommend a stay of more than 2 or 3 nights because of the menu.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

I read your comments carefully and I thank you for them. We have tailored our business to meet the needs of short break takers but I take your point, we may be denying ourselves the longer stay business. There is I submit, plenty of choice on the menu with two fish, several meat dishes and vegetarian options. We also have a menu for coeliac sufferers too. As for 10 members of staff, we are a team and as long as the ethos of the place and the standards are maintained, it matters not whether it's 2, 5, 10 or more. it's all part of the challenge of running a 365 days of the year business.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is an impressive hotel with such beautiful views and one of the best we have stayed in. Service is impeccable from when you arrive to check in to the service in the restaurant and throughout. We really couldn't find fault with the reception or welcome.
Our room was really lovely in the Pinnacles and the view was well worth it. It was situated in a very quiet part of the Pinnacles and we found this very restful as my husband was recovering from surgery.
Our dinner was presented well and very tasty and I certainly recommend the fish dish I had. Breakfast was sumptious with a variety of continental and cooked.
The only thing we missed was our Sunday newspaper with our tea and there was no fresh milk in the corridor fridge.
We look forward to visiting again and again.
Our thanks to Mr and Mrs Pattin and the family for making our stay so restful and enjoyable. Please do pass on our best wishes to all the staff.

Room Tip: Room 35 - spacious, quiet, beautiful view and lovely decor - this will be our favourite room for next time
1  Thank Athis V
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted your stay was all that you wanted - newspaper and milk apart (for which apologies) - and I hope it will be an aid to your husbands recovery. We wish him well and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Perched half way up the Malvern Hills the location of this hotel is ideal for walking the hills. We stayed two nights and found the rooms large and comfortable with lovely views looking out over the countryside. The bathroom was modern with a brilliant shower and a very comfy bed. Breakfast was good with ample choice and friendly service. Our only disappointment was over the evening meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I was sorry to read you were disappointed with your evening meal but you did not expand with any detail. However, you still saw fit to rate us with 4 stars, so very many thanks for this, I'm pleased that you enjoyed the location and the hotel. I'll double check to see if you left a more detailed questionnaire which will help me understand/correct the situation.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed for two nights, had dinner on both evenings. The atmosphere in the hotel is so friendly, welcoming and everything is done to make you feel comfortable. The food is so well prepared and presented you feel as if your in the Ritz.The staff were always so willing to help with any requests and as for the room it was large and airy with such fantastic views across the malvern vale, a wonderful sight to behold first thing in the morning. The whole hotel is clean and everything was just how it should have been. Thank you very much for a brilliant stay, we look forward to seeing you again in October.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room and just drink in the views
1  Thank Peter H
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

I'm not sure about the Ritz but I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the food and the team did their stuff. The tenuous link we have with the Ritz is that Baroness Thatcher (Lady T) stayed here on quite a few occasions to escape from London and of course she spent her last days/weeks at the Ritz. We look forward to your return in October.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

With a location to die for, the views outstanding, the room as comfortable and inviting as you could get, we absolutely loved our Living Social deal - what a bargain! My other half said it was the most comfy bed he had slept in.

Our room (25) had a balcony with garden furniture, overlooking amazing views and we had warm March sunshine - we felt like we were abroad on holiday and wishing we had booked a longer stay.

Only (minor) issue was the footsteps/creaky floorboards from the room above. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at this heavenly place and would definitely wish to return.

Room Tip: Room 25 was large and comfortable with its own balcony, on the ground floor, with far-reaching views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm pleased you found the Living Social deal - it's designed to help our bookings in the quieter months and offer you outstanding value. I'm also pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the bed comfortable. It's a Vi-Spring and they are really good. I was quite excited when I found them. Sorry about the creaks from above, I've done a lot to try to cure it and have had success in other rooms.