1,133 results
All reviewsstunning viewsmalvern hillswine listthe main hotelfresh milkhotel groundscoach housebiscuitslovely hoteldinner menulovely roomrelaxed atmosphereevening mealhigh standardafternoon teanew ownersshort break
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is an impressive hotel with such beautiful views and one of the best we have stayed in. Service is impeccable from when you arrive to check in to the service in the restaurant and throughout. We really couldn't find fault with the reception or welcome.
Our room was really lovely in the Pinnacles and the view was well worth it. It was situated in a very quiet part of the Pinnacles and we found this very restful as my husband was recovering from surgery.
Our dinner was presented well and very tasty and I certainly recommend the fish dish I had. Breakfast was sumptious with a variety of continental and cooked.
The only thing we missed was our Sunday newspaper with our tea and there was no fresh milk in the corridor fridge.
We look forward to visiting again and again.
Our thanks to Mr and Mrs Pattin and the family for making our stay so restful and enjoyable. Please do pass on our best wishes to all the staff.

Room Tip: Room 35 - spacious, quiet, beautiful view and lovely decor - this will be our favourite room for next time
1  Thank Athis V
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted your stay was all that you wanted - newspaper and milk apart (for which apologies) - and I hope it will be an aid to your husbands recovery. We wish him well and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Perched half way up the Malvern Hills the location of this hotel is ideal for walking the hills. We stayed two nights and found the rooms large and comfortable with lovely views looking out over the countryside. The bathroom was modern with a brilliant shower and a very comfy bed. Breakfast was good with ample choice and friendly service. Our only disappointment was over the evening meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I was sorry to read you were disappointed with your evening meal but you did not expand with any detail. However, you still saw fit to rate us with 4 stars, so very many thanks for this, I'm pleased that you enjoyed the location and the hotel. I'll double check to see if you left a more detailed questionnaire which will help me understand/correct the situation.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed for two nights, had dinner on both evenings. The atmosphere in the hotel is so friendly, welcoming and everything is done to make you feel comfortable. The food is so well prepared and presented you feel as if your in the Ritz.The staff were always so willing to help with any requests and as for the room it was large and airy with such fantastic views across the malvern vale, a wonderful sight to behold first thing in the morning. The whole hotel is clean and everything was just how it should have been. Thank you very much for a brilliant stay, we look forward to seeing you again in October.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room and just drink in the views
1  Thank Peter H
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

I'm not sure about the Ritz but I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the food and the team did their stuff. The tenuous link we have with the Ritz is that Baroness Thatcher (Lady T) stayed here on quite a few occasions to escape from London and of course she spent her last days/weeks at the Ritz. We look forward to your return in October.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

With a location to die for, the views outstanding, the room as comfortable and inviting as you could get, we absolutely loved our Living Social deal - what a bargain! My other half said it was the most comfy bed he had slept in.

Our room (25) had a balcony with garden furniture, overlooking amazing views and we had warm March sunshine - we felt like we were abroad on holiday and wishing we had booked a longer stay.

Only (minor) issue was the footsteps/creaky floorboards from the room above. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at this heavenly place and would definitely wish to return.

Room Tip: Room 25 was large and comfortable with its own balcony, on the ground floor, with far-reaching views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm pleased you found the Living Social deal - it's designed to help our bookings in the quieter months and offer you outstanding value. I'm also pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the bed comfortable. It's a Vi-Spring and they are really good. I was quite excited when I found them. Sorry about the creaks from above, I've done a lot to try to cure it and have had success in other rooms.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed for two nights as I was doing the Land Rover Experience (also highly recommended) at Eastnor Castle less than 15 minutes down the road. The view from our room (5) was fantastic and the room itself very comfortable. We dined at the restaurant both nights and ate well both nights. All in all a very friendly, comfortable family hotel in a great location. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review. I've wanted to do the Land Rover Experience - I've heard great things about it. Delighted you enjoyed using us as a base and ate well and I hope slept well too to set you up for the Land Rover challenge.