The Brambles(Malvern Wells)
TripAdvisor
Railway Inn(Malvern Wells)
TripAdvisor
1,117 results
All reviewsmalvern hillsstunning viewswine listthe main hotelfresh milkhotel groundscoach housebiscuitsdinner menulovely hotellovely roomrelaxed atmosphereevening mealhigh standardafternoon teanew ownersshort break
Reviewed March 17, 2014

With a location to die for, the views outstanding, the room as comfortable and inviting as you could get, we absolutely loved our Living Social deal - what a bargain! My other half said it was the most comfy bed he had slept in.

Our room (25) had a balcony with garden furniture, overlooking amazing views and we had warm March sunshine - we felt like we were abroad on holiday and wishing we had booked a longer stay.

Only (minor) issue was the footsteps/creaky floorboards from the room above. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at this heavenly place and would definitely wish to return.

Room Tip: Room 25 was large and comfortable with its own balcony, on the ground floor, with far-reaching views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

I'm pleased you found the Living Social deal - it's designed to help our bookings in the quieter months and offer you outstanding value. I'm also pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the bed comfortable. It's a Vi-Spring and they are really good. I was quite excited when I found them. Sorry about the creaks from above, I've done a lot to try to cure it and have had success in other rooms.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed for two nights as I was doing the Land Rover Experience (also highly recommended) at Eastnor Castle less than 15 minutes down the road. The view from our room (5) was fantastic and the room itself very comfortable. We dined at the restaurant both nights and ate well both nights. All in all a very friendly, comfortable family hotel in a great location. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review. I've wanted to do the Land Rover Experience - I've heard great things about it. Delighted you enjoyed using us as a base and ate well and I hope slept well too to set you up for the Land Rover challenge.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a quick trip to the Malverns, just for 1 night. The whole stay was just lovely. Great setting, fabulous views, wonderful food, and impeccable service. Wish it had been longer, and cannot wait to return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm very glad that we hit the spot for you to be able to relax - even if only briefly. I share all reviews with my team and I thank you on their behalf. Delighted you enjoyed it and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our first visit to The cottage in the wood was in 1991 for our honeymoon not long after the present family took over. Our second recent stay (because we normally stay with family in Malvern) was for a 60th birthday reunion.
The hotel has lost none of its charm and the hotel still has that family run feel.
Long may it continue.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you very much for this review. It's as great a compliment as I've read because it shows we are still delivering! I've often said in my responses to reviews that consistency is the biggest challenge for us as a 365 days a year operation. Don't leave it another 23 years though because I'll either be in my early 90's or "on the other side"!!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the Cottage in the Wood with my Wife for a one night stay during March. The premise is situated in stunning grounds near to British Camp. Check in was quick and easy. The room we had (26) was ground floor level in the Pinnacles building, set a 1 minute walk away from the Bar and Restaurant. The room was clean and extras including a bone for our Dog were nice additions. Despite there being no view from room 26, patio doors opened conveniently onto a small parking area and woodland walk which was ideal for our stay with our dog. The Bathroom was excellent with a very large bath and power shower. The evening meal was fantastic. Rather than have you wait at your table for an extended period, you are served your drink in the Bar area which is very comfortable before being shown to your table having already ordered your meal. Service was perfect and the courses well spread out. I was disappointed to hear another customer complaining so much about his food, requesting to see the Manager etc. When asked if he would like a different dish or one to suit his requirements he was told this would take 15 minutes, but still demanded to speak to staff. If he didn't like his meal, why did he have it? Again, this just shows how accommodating the staff are with a difficult customer. Sleep quality was good but floorboards on the first floor in the Pinnacles were rather creaky. The following day we had a walk up the Hill from the Hotel. This is a non strenuous walk with several benches provided. The views would have been fantastic were it not for the fog!

Room Tip: No view from room 26 but is ideal if you have a dog as patio doors open out for Dog to toilet and to begin a walk!
1  Thank Ryan T

What an interesting tale about another diner. Delighted the team did their best. We want everyone to have a really great stay but we either have to set our stall out and be true to it or try to be everything to everyone BUT that's the way to bland anonymity. Delighted you and the dog enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the fog - beautiful here today in contrast to last year when I was shoveling snow!