$127
$106
Malvern Hills Hotel(Great Malvern)
$135
The Abbey Hotel(Great Malvern)
$134
Mount Pleasant Hotel(Great Malvern)
$133
  • Breakfast included
Great Malvern Hotel(Great Malvern)
$106
TripAdvisor
The Brambles(Malvern Wells)
TripAdvisor
1,117 results
All reviewsmalvern hillsstunning viewswine listthe main hotelfresh milkhotel groundscoach housebiscuitsdinner menulovely hotellovely roomrelaxed atmosphereevening mealhigh standardafternoon teanew ownersshort break
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I had stayed at the Cottage in the Wood on one previous occasion a year ago. It came up to our expectations once again when we stayed for a weekend a few days ago. We knew just how well-appointed the rooms were and we could inspect them individually beforehand on the useful website feature. We chose a front-facing room, similar to last time, with a stunning view over the Severn Valley across to Bredon Hill and the Cotswolds. From the moment we arrived the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. All the staff we met were extremely helpful and anxious to please. Breakfast was first-class and the a la carte evening meal was of a high standard. Though fairly expensive, we felt it was, nevertheless,good value and would certainly wish to return in future.

Room Tip: All rooms good quality; best views to front (overlooking valley)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

I'm glad you found the web site useful when you chose your room, it's something we added as a feature a while ago and has had a good reaction from guests. Even more I'm delighted you enjoyed your return visit and found a relaxing, friendly atmosphere. We do try to be the antithesis of a chain/group hotel. Thank you for the review, we hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Booked this room for my 9 year old daughter and myself to stay at on a Friday night before she was competing at the Three Counties show ground. I booked through late rooms. The hotel is situated right up against the Malvern Hills and the views from the dining room are spectacular. The room we had (28) was on the ground floor of a separate block and the room was fantastic - clean, beautifully decorated and furnished, duel aspect and very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large and looked new. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Lots of nice details that appealed to my daughter like amazing homemade shortbread and sweets in the room and I enjoyed my tea and coffee with fresh milk.
The hotel is 2 minutes in the car from the show ground and we were able to pop to the show ground to check on things before breakfast. Breakfast was lovely and freshly prepared to order. Staff were welcoming and friendly.
Highly recommended, fantastic location, stunning views and fabulous rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JXSBath
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

We are delighted you and your daughter found the location conveniently close to the Three Counties Show-ground, we are the closest hotel to the Show-ground. Even more, I'm pleased you found your stay comfortable and the team welcoming. As for the bed, it's a Vi-Spring. They are fantastic! Many thanks for posting your comments.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent 2 nights in a lovely room in The Pinnacles, beautifully maintained and very comfortable even with 2 greyhounds across the floor ! Breakfast was excellent and the views from the restaurant are breath taking. Also enjoyed a great evening meal with an unbelievable choice of wine at what can only be described as very fairly priced which many other places could learn from. We cannot fault the staff and everyone had time to talk and make you feel welcome and relaxed. We will return as soon as we can. Lastly Room 26 is ideal if you have dogs with you, perfect for walking out the patio doors and straight up to the beautiful hills.

Stayed: April 2012

The view comes courtesy of One greater than I but for the rest I can be held responsible! Delighted you enjoyed your stay and delving through the wine list. My maximum mark-up is a flat £28, even if the wine has cost me £100+. Glad too you enjoyed the dinner and found things comfortable for yourselves and the dogs. My wife and I tend to use Room 26 when we stay over as it is very handy for the walks on the hills with it's patio door. Many thanks for posting the review.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We booked this last minute and had a lovely 1 night break. Stunning views over Severn valley, great restaurant and spacious room.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for the neat summary - stunning view, great restaurant and a spacious room. It's exactly what we aim to achieve. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

3 night stay in this lovely hotel. Our room was on the first floor of the Cottage. It was warm and delightful with a wonderful view. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in and the surrounding area was quiet.
There were lovely details in the room, like the cotton wool on the dressing table, handmade biscuits in a tin to have with the tea/coffee and binoculars in the draw.
The staff were welcoming and always ready to help.
Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The site we occupy high on the Malvern Hills is blissfully quiet - except for the many birds - and I'm glad the team made you feel welcome. As for the bed, it's a Vi-Spring. I've sold lots for them - should have set myself up as an agent!