1,133 results
All reviewsstunning viewsmalvern hillswine listthe main hotelfresh milkhotel groundscoach housebiscuitslovely hoteldinner menulovely roomrelaxed atmosphereevening mealhigh standardafternoon teanew ownersshort break
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night in room 5 with fantastic views of the malvern hills and severn valley - breathtaking. Rooms were comfortable with tea/coffee facilities, trouser press, loads of wardrobe space and a roomy bathroom. The evening meal was fantastic, having leek and potato soup for starters, sirloin steak for main and the large cheeseboard for dessert. Nothing could be faulted. The breakfast is a good hearty full english but you can also choose from the continental buffet as well as the breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here. We received a very warm welcome when we arrived and are already planning on going back real soon. The bar has a wide range of tipples and the house wine is reasonably priced but a good quality house wine. Such a relaxing weekend away and eases away your stresses. This hotel is in my opinion faultless.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room in the main hotel. Fantastic views
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

"Relaxing". Now that's what I want to hear. Life is tough enough these days, so relaxing moments are even more important. I'm very pleased we provided the backdrop. House wines are the way I judge a restaurant or pub. We have more choice of wine in UK than anywhere in the world yet there is still too much wine of poor quality served. There is no excuse. I get the team to help me choose the house wines, that way you can provide a choice of wines for a wide spread of tastes. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

There were ten of us to look after plus the rest of the guests in the hotel and we were made to feel so welcome. It is a really super place. The hills are indeed right behind the hotel so easily accessible and we enjoyed a lovely walk on a sunny day. We are rugby fans and as the final was on Sunday John set up a tv in part of the lounge so that we could all be together to enjoy the game. Now that is what I call service! We thoroughly enjoyed talking to Zillar as we had all lived in India and my husband in particular travelled many times to Bangladesh during our five years there. The location, the rooms, the food, the ambience and especially the owners make this a great place to stay

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

You were a joy to look after and the TV was no trouble. Bit of a scramble to get it set up in time but all was well! Glad you chatted top Zillar about India. Did he also discuss his time in Dubai where he worked at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel? Many thanks for posting the review. I guess as a group you move on but we hope to see some of you back a individual couples.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Fantastic situation, very friendly staff and excellent food and wine

Room Tip: we had a room in the main hotel with great views, however rooms in The Pinnacles annexe may be better
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pattinfamily, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

The weather has certainly helped the views. Delighted you enjoyed not just the views but the whole stay as well. Many thanks for the review. Rooms in The Pinnacles are larger than the main house as I was able to start from scratch with this building rather than adapt an existing private Georgian house as in the case of your room,. views are the same though!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

It's not all about the view, which is truly breathtaking though. This is a wonderful hotel, with welcoming, helpful staff, a great restaurant and generous, comfortable rooms. I stayed for only one night, but ate both dinner and breakfast in the hotel. Both were made special by the fresh ingredients, perfectly cooked and well prepared. I intend to go again, soon and often and for longer!

Room Tip: You'll want a room with big windows!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

So glad you enjoyed your stay and will return. That means we have done our job! Also pleased that the views were an enhancement to all the other aspects of what we offer - if it was just the views I suggest we'd not get to our silver anniversary in 2012. We look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend break in the Malverns, first weekend without the kids for years! The hotel was very comfortable with a great view, little extras like the binoculars and 'emergency' kit in the room very welcome. Enjoyed a great meal on Saturday night and an excellent choice at breakfast. The food on both occasions was super, but plates whisked away and immediately replaced by the next course just a little too quickly - we almost felt that we were being rushed although the staff were very courteous and efficient. We especially enjoyed the relaxed feel ordering in the bar before dinner. The lady on reception on both arrival and departure made us feel especially welcome. Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

I'm tempted to say "that's no lady, that's my wife"!! who you saw on reception as it was my wife,
Sue . I can still recall the joy of a break without the kids (however much we loved them) and are pleased we did our bit to make your break enjoyable. I'm sorry you felt rushed at dinner. This should not happen. there is no reason for it and we have discussed with the team. So, thanks for the feedback, that's how we can sharpen up our act.