“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avon Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton Benger
Avon Lodge B&B
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very comfortable with lovely fluffy towels and friendly service.
Quiet location at the end of the lane,just you and the cows ! Beware, your sat nav won't find it, you need to use directions given.
Two rooms available,with your own kitchen. The cupcakes were tasty too.
Some good walks around.
Close to the motorway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank smpett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is outstanding accommodation in every way. The decor,cleanliness and attention to detail. Chris and Carole work very hard to provide the best accommodation west of Claridges. What i didnt see in the other reviews is the fact that you get this accommodation entirely to yourselves. Essentially this is a little cottage - your given a key shown around and off you go. With hindsight we wish we had returned earlier and opened a bottle of wine in the beautiful garden. Breakfast is outstanding and they could not be more friendly. It really is the benchmark..

Room Tip: Suggest you bring a DVD as they have a good tv with a dvd player and after your evening drink you co...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank renemann
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We chose the Avon Lodge given its locality to a wedding which we attended. The room was excellent and situated in a desperate block from the main house. Loads of towels, clean and pressed linen and free roam of a minature cottage including a full kitchen, lounge and beautiful bathroom. To top it off, an excellent breakfast was provided by the friendly hosts at a time to suit us. An excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob T
sarasota FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have just scanned all the reviews here and heartily agree with everything I have read. This was by far the greatest place I stayed at in my 10 days throughout England. Carole and Chris could not have been more welcoming, and I so enjoyed talking with them both. They had family in for the weekend, but invited me to meet them and use my internet connection in their private home. How nice is that!!!!

The separate cottage that I stayed in was immaculate. A sunny solarium was the perfect place to read and also dine in the morning. Chris cooks an amazing breakfast that will stay with you all day. There is a full kitchen and living room with plasma tv, but I did not even turn it on.

The bed was perfect and the down comforter so perfect for cool nights. The bath has a claw-footed tub under a skylight. Very special place. They are right next to a working farm, so it was fun to spend the night in the country. I took a walk down to the little church and cemetery near by and that was lovely, as well.

I wanted to go see a pretty village and Chris suggested Castle Combe. It was lovely, but I had to backtrack to see it as it is near Bath, and I had just come from there. Then I went to Avebury, which is about 40 minutes away from Avon Lodge.

It is not the easiest place to find. I suggest turning at the sign where you see the church. It is at the end of the road. My GPS was no help, as it kept trying to direct me south of M4. Call when you get close to get exact directions. I ended up going through one lane roads through high fields to find them, but I eventually did.

Truly, I can not recommend this B and B enough. I kind of hesitate to let the word out, as it will be filled all the time when people find what a bargain it is. I had the entire place to myself and felt like a queen. Thank you Chris and Carole for making this such a special memory!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well, were do you start with explaining this little gem! The hosts, Carole and Chris, what a wonderful, helpful,friendly couple. Nothing was to much trouble from the moment we arrived until the time we left. The variety and quality of food on offer at breakfast was fantastically cooked and served to us at our leisure. The lovely house was a dream, clean,smelt lovely and furnished to fit all tastes. The beds were very comfortably, we slept like babies and how many B & B's offer a role top bath with a view! it"s even better with a glass of wine! It has all the comforts (and more) than a B&B with the privacy of a hotel room and the cost, we just couldn't believe the value for money they offer. We would definitely come back here and have already recommended it to friends, family and anyone we talk too! Thank you so much Carole and Chris.

Room Tip: Both rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We chose to go to Avon lodge as the reviews were excellent. We were not let down. Chris and Carole are wonderful hosts and nothing was too much trouble.The accommodation was spotless and like other reviews really comfortable with the lovely roll top bath looking out onto the countryside.Breakfast delicious cooked by Chris with choices of cereals,yogurts etc.There would be no question where to stop if we were in the area again, it would definitely be Avon Lodge. Thanks Chris and Carole.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chippenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely night away from home at Avon Lodge. The hosts are great - so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was superb and abundant. Can't speak highly enough of this place. It is about ten minutes drive from M4 J17. The accommodation comprises two bedrooms in a self-contained unit. Would be great for two couples who know each other, or exclusive to one couple as in our case.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bell House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton Benger
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
The Foxham Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Avon Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!