“Great stock, great opening hours, fabulous people”
Review of Baa Ram Ewe - MOVED

Baa Ram Ewe
Leeds, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great stock, great opening hours, fabulous people”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Baa Ram Ewe is my local yarn shop and it's extra-special. Among the many high-end yarns they stock is their own one, Titus, which is regularly used by knitwear luminaries like Kate Davies. They do cater for the budget shopper as well with a few well-chosen yarns and local options like Cygnet.

The staff are unfailingly helpful and friendly and the shop runs excellent knitting and crochet courses as well - worth it just for the delicious food from nearby, also famous, Italian restaurant Salvo's.

The shop is open seven days a week, which is unusual for a local yarn shop, and reflects its popularity and success.

Visited April 2014

Yorkshire, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is my woolshop of choice. They are great when I turn up with a pattern, helping me find equivalents and the right amount of them. The stock is amazing and a joy to knit, the patterns and accessories are fantastic and the staff make me feel very confident when I do a project. I really enjoy my visits and my family really enjoy what I knit for them.

Visited May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulously Feely, Funny, Friendly Firm”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Every time I have been to Baa Ram Ewe in Headingley over the last few years, my senses and sensibilities have been greeted with a veritable feast.

The shop is well stocked with a huge array of quality yarns and is a visual and textural (they let you squeeze the wool) delight.

The staff are super helpful and always ready with some friendly banter to brighten your day.

I started out visiting the shop as a fairly none-knitter (I learnt to do stocking stitch as a child) and have attended a number of the workshops that these guys run to improve my yarnography skills. I am now an avid crocheter and knitter and have undertaken some quite challenging (for me) projects thanks to the teaching, helpful hints and moral support of all the staff.

I can't recommend this company highly enough, it's a real gem.

Visited December 2013