“Excellent Monday Buffet”

Dining options: Breakfast
Leeds
“Excellent Monday Buffet”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spotted the Monday Buffet deal in a free magazine and thought for £7.50 we're on to a winner here! In our house Monday has become 'meatless Monday' so a vegetarien buffet fitted the bill. We did book but I'm not sure that they really have a booking system as they didn't take my name. Anyway we got a table for 3 with no problem. It felt more like a cafe (as in the name) but the food was of restaurant quality. Warm welcome from the staff and on asking all the dishes were explained. It's not licensed but you can take your own alcohol. We ordered soft drinks. The buffet was laid out on the counter and dishes were regularly replaced by a busy chef who kept appearing from the basement. There were about 12 dishes and my faves were the falafel, the vine leaves, the spicy potatoes, the Greek salad and the pea salad. The food is Lebanese but with other Mediterranean influences. Hot drinks were cheap and my daughter was brave and ordered the Turkish coffee which was strong and sweet. We will recommend and return.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bongo60

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming lunch spot”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Just visited Mint on North Lane in Headingley with my daughter. Never been before and was not disappointed. I'm always on the look-out for a new lunch spot, being as I'm a certain age now and have joined the ranks of the Ladies that Lunch. Mint is a bit like the Tardis - bigger on the inside than what it looks from the outside - there is seating in the back, so don't be put off if it looks full from the front. The mains menu looked very tempting, but we were only after a light snack, and opted for wraps - a lamb Sharwarma (I think) and a tuna and sweetcorn something with another exotic-sounding name, both very tasty and good value. Service was friendly, with a charming apology for the (very) short wait we had - they were obviously busy and everything is freshly made. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“good plance”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

really good place to go for good food and v. cheap, good atmosphere and very friendly members of staff

• Visited February 2014
“A Super Little Cafe!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere. The owner couldn't be more helpful. Freshly prepared authentic healthy Lebanese food at very reasonable prices. Everything we had was delicious. The Monday vegetarian buffet at £7.50 is just lovely. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2014
“Gorgeous food!!!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. My partner and I have been a few times now and had such lovely plates of food. I've usually had the scrambled egg breakfast with Halloumi, falafels, dips, potatoes, salad, olives and bread on the side. The food has always tasted so good and I think the prices are fair. The gentleman that works behind the counter is always friendly and I like the fact that there are bits and pieces of non food things you can buy there. I keep meaning to try their veggie buffet on a Monday night.

My only negative point would be that the food can be a bit of a wait. But I can't really criticise for this. It's a small place with limited staff, with the food made fresh. Don't go there in a rush - go there when you can relax for a while and watch the world go by. The food is always worth waiting for!!

If you are pressed more for time, try their take-out wraps. Quite a few people were in and out getting takeaway when we last ate there.

Keep up the good work Mint Cafe!

1 Thank N_1Leeds