“Warm and welcoming lunch spot”
Review of Mint Cafe

Mint Cafe
Ranked #14 of 40 Restaurants in Headingley
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming lunch spot”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Just visited Mint on North Lane in Headingley with my daughter. Never been before and was not disappointed. I'm always on the look-out for a new lunch spot, being as I'm a certain age now and have joined the ranks of the Ladies that Lunch. Mint is a bit like the Tardis - bigger on the inside than what it looks from the outside - there is seating in the back, so don't be put off if it looks full from the front. The mains menu looked very tempting, but we were only after a light snack, and opted for wraps - a lamb Sharwarma (I think) and a tuna and sweetcorn something with another exotic-sounding name, both very tasty and good value. Service was friendly, with a charming apology for the (very) short wait we had - they were obviously busy and everything is freshly made. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2014

Leeds, United Kingdom
“good plance”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

really good place to go for good food and v. cheap, good atmosphere and very friendly members of staff

• Visited February 2014
“A Super Little Cafe!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere. The owner couldn't be more helpful. Freshly prepared authentic healthy Lebanese food at very reasonable prices. Everything we had was delicious. The Monday vegetarian buffet at £7.50 is just lovely. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2014
“Gorgeous food!!!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. My partner and I have been a few times now and had such lovely plates of food. I've usually had the scrambled egg breakfast with Halloumi, falafels, dips, potatoes, salad, olives and bread on the side. The food has always tasted so good and I think the prices are fair. The gentleman that works behind the counter is always friendly and I like the fact that there are bits and pieces of non food things you can buy there. I keep meaning to try their veggie buffet on a Monday night.

My only negative point would be that the food can be a bit of a wait. But I can't really criticise for this. It's a small place with limited staff, with the food made fresh. Don't go there in a rush - go there when you can relax for a while and watch the world go by. The food is always worth waiting for!!

If you are pressed more for time, try their take-out wraps. Quite a few people were in and out getting takeaway when we last ate there.

Keep up the good work Mint Cafe!

1 Thank N_1Leeds
fishguard
“A special place to eat”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have to say that I totally agree with ' Sarahwatsons' , the Mint cafe is an amazing place. Fantastic Lebanese food and drinks all freshly prepared on the premises, a warm welcome from the owner, and a very relaxed atmosphere. I spent several evenings sitting outside, relaxing, watching all the world go by whilst eating a plateful of lovely refreshing, energising. Probably not the cheapest or quickest place to eat in the North Lane / Headingley area , but food isn't supposed to be a race to the bottom is it. The first item on my list of places to eat next time I'm up in Leeds. Please note, as the food is freshly made, sometimes items run out, so don't leave it too late!

• Visited August 2013