“Pizza express”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Pizza express”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Decent food, service was good, the lad was helpful and friendly personally recommending a different sauce which we were glad he did!

Would go back!

• Visited March 2014

Yorkshire
“Poor service”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We've been here a couple of times and whilst a bit slow, the food has always been Pizza Express standard. However, our last trip, a busy Sunday lunch, we were really surprised to see only two waiting staff and one chef. We arrived at 12.45 and left at 3.40! Hardly 'express'. The pizzas were really not up to par, hardly any toppings and one was burnt. There seemed no point in complaining as the two floor staff were obviously struggling. The blame lies with the management for not ensuring adequate staff or checking the quality of the food leaving the kitchen. What has gone wrong with this previously good little restaurant? It's letting down Pizza Express as go-to place for good pizza. We'll go to another branch in future.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank HRHII
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Terrible service”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday lunch time. There was one waiter and a manger serving but it became very busy very quickly. I was shocked to see only two members of serving staff on a Saturday lunch time.. Surely they should be more prepared?! Had to ask for a high chair 4 times, service was painfully slow. Food was fine- I've eaten a lot at Pizza Express so I know what to expect. Ordered a bottle of white- no ice bucket. The manager literally ignored the queues of people at the door waiting at the door. Had get up, walk over to the manager and ask for the bill. Then had to put my coat on and wave for someone to take my payment.. All that while my dirty plates where left on the table. I understand when places get left short staffed due to unforeseen circumstances but they genuinely could not of looked less bothered about the quality of service. Won't be back to that branch.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and brilliant staff make a nice evening”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived mid evening and the restaurant had a good vibe. Sat near the front windows so we could see the buzzing street outside. Calabrese was really good and just spicy enough, my wife had a veg and goats cheese salad which was nice. Great big chocolate glory for dessert followed by brandy coffee. Good evening and filled all the boxes. Give it a try

• Visited November 2013
Birmingham
“Good first experience at Pizza Express Headingley”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I sometimes hesitate to review popular chain restaurants as most of us have eaten in them and know exactly what to expect. It is often why you go to a chain. I'm a Pizza Express regular but had not visited this branch before. It was early Sunday evening and the restaurant was predictably quiet, so it is perhaps not surprising that we enjoyed attentive service, though the staff seemed good to me, as you tend to get at PE in my experience.
We had a pleasant meal and everything was of a good standard. My wife tried the new Risotto Pollo Funghi (as a main course) which she enjoyed, but said she probably wouldn't order again! She's also tried the risottos at Zizzi and Strada recently and thought Strada was the best of the bunch. It is interesting that PE has started doing risotto, though it may be partly due to their new gluten free menu offering, and not just to compete with the other chains. I enjoyed a Bosco salad as it is one of my favourite PE items - useful for vegetarians too. My daughter had the Melanzane Parmigiana which is also vegetarian, and in addition, gluten free.
The restaurant seems well maintained as you'd expect and the toilets (upstairs) are excellent.
We used Tesco tokens, but there are many other offers available. You don't often have to pay the full price at PE if you get organised. Sometimes I think that the 'list' prices reflect this and wish that they'd adopt the Aldi style of selling and just cut out the offers and reduce the prices accordingly, but of course restaurant offers do tend to be about filling them up at quiet times, so the marketing model is different. I'm sure I'll visit this branch again, but may also try elsewhere in Headingley as there are quite a few competing restaurants and pubs nearby.

• Visited November 2013