“I can't get enough of this place!”

Salumeria Cafe & Deli Shop
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Headingley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Salumeria Cafe & Deli - The real taste of Italy is available in Leeds at Salvo's Salumeria, first Leeds Salumeria. Opened in 2005, our Salumeria has established a strong following amongst customers new and old. For those that may be asking what is a Salumeria? - well a Salumeria is an Italian delicatessen. Salume is Italian for cured meat products like prosciutto and salame. We also offer a café within the Salumeria and serve light meals as well as being fully licensed.Salumeria Restaurant The Salumeria "Ristorantino" meaning "The Little Restaurant", is an intimate dining room. We feature specials dinner evenings, from musical soirees and wine tastings to regional dinners showing the best in Italian regional dishes. The menus are created every day by our chefs, using the days favored fresh ingredients so our guests enjoy a well balanced and delicious meal for you to enjoy at a great price, the only thing you have to decide is whether to drink our specially chosen wine recommendation, an ice cold artisan beer or a choice from our wine list. Please inform us of any special dietary requirements when reserving your table. Requesting a table is recommended as these evenings are popular.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I can't get enough of this place!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I love everything about this little restaurant/deli! I'm a huge fan of Italian cuisine, and the food here is better than a lot of what I ate on a recent trip to Verona!
Whether you're after a coffee, a quick bite or a family meal, there's something for everyone. I'd recommend the linguine amatriciana and the lemon polenta cake/lemon torte.
I also love that a lot of their ingredients are available to buy, which I think make great gifts.

• Visited June 2013

“Relaxed with good food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Salvo's salumeria has long been the place my family go to celebrate or have a coffee on a hard day an it had always been good. It could be cheaper but on reflection the quality of food overshadows the high price. I nearly alway have the daily special or -meat pasta, it is always beautifully presented and leaves me feeling satisfied.

• Visited July 2012
“Amazing Food - nearly the best”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I thought Salvos was the best restaurant in Leeds for a long time. The food is amazing and authentic. The only down fall is you cant book tables unless over a certain number of people so you have to wait upstairs in the hot bar area for a table to come free which could be over an hour.

Visited February 2013
SalvosManagement, Manager at Salumeria Cafe & Deli Shop, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi Diamond Diva,
Thank you for your comments it is great to hear that you regard Salvos as 'The Best' Just to let you know you can book at Salvos for any lunchtime or evening regardless of the number of guests. We do have a lobby area where guests can have some drinks whilst waiting for a walk in table also. We hope to see you back at Salvos soon.
“Very enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely salad for me and babycino and gorgeous chocolate and pear cake for the kids - great place for a long lunch with the kids

Visited June 2013
“Great lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have stopped here for coffee, lunch and Sunday brunch many times and have always enjoyed the experience. Super Italian cooking and great coffee. Staff have always been willing to tweak the menu to suit my children too.

Visited April 2013