Headingley Lodge
$94
$75
Ascot Grange Hotel(Headingley)(Great Value!)
$54
The Butlers Hotel(Headingley)
$45
Agoda.com
Boundary Hotel(Headingley)
$45
Agoda.com
Travelocity
All reviewscricket groundcricket fancontinental breakfastmatch daysleeds rhinosunusual hotelrugby stadiumsecure parkingcricket matchground staffcounty cricketrooms are largecricket loverstest matchshort walkpowerful showercar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Although the rooms were both clean and well proportioned, and the staff affable, I personally couldn't find much to enjoy from this hotel.

Bedrooms are converted 'stadium boxes' overlooking the cricket ground,
The novelty lasted mere seconds, after which it just felt like a bed in a corporate box.

The decor was cheap and the fixtures were old, uncomfortable, and inadequate for a family of four (I booked a family room though it only had three beds and management couldn't provide a camp bed). The bathroom reminded me of being at school, with plastic curtain shower, though the jet was strong enough to hit the far side of the room (and it did! Drenching me, fully clothed!!)

Family room - no bath? A little unusual.

I slept in the crack of two pushed together beds so that my husband and son could both sleep on a mattress. The pillows gave me a crick in my neck and I slept horribly. The dimplex heater had too settings, boiling and freezing.

Breakfast was not included, but there is a cafe and its open until 10am (not 10.30 as the receptionist said!!) The staff did offer us a cold selection and were very helpful despite us missing the official breakfast.

With a little investment this place could be brought up to Travelodge standards but as it stands, I wouldn't return in a hurry.

Room Tip: Specify the number of guests to be staying in the room. If you book a family room, don't expect there to be a bath, or more than three beds - although I'm sure these options are available in advance if you ask.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed for a rugby game and we were literally about 150 yards from room to seats. The view over the cricket field was great and the service was superb all in all it was very enjoyable. On another note parking was good and straight forward with lots of help from security/stewards.

Room Tip: Big beds and good sized rooms get the heating on early get warmed up.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stay here for the rugby, but the views are great, the rooms are clean and beds are lovely, staff always friendly and helpful,continental breakfast is ok and served in your room, have stayed a few times and will hopefully be staying again very soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The above title is the way this hotel describes itself on publicity and is pretty much spot on. We paid £70 for a Superior Double on a Saturday night for room only. It is possible to pay a bit extra for Continental Breakfast in your room at weekends (£6.50 I believe). A Full English is available Monday to Friday in The Carnegie Cafe-Bar for £7.50. My initial view was the rate was a bit steep for room only.

However, once inside the room you get a magnificent panoramic view of Headingley Cricket Ground. The rooms are used as Corporate Boxes for Test Matches so the awesome view goes without saying.

The bed is the biggest I've ever slept in and was very comfortable (which is a much more important feature). The bathrooms are more compact with a shower rather than a bath tub. The power shower was highly invigorating nevertheless.

There is a good range of TV channels available, tea and coffee facilities and a fridge in the room to store your own refreshments/supplies in.

There is car parking right outside the hotel, a half hourly train service to/from Leeds City Centre from Burley Park station less than half a mile away. We attended a party at The Executive Suite inside the stadium complex so didn't need to venture off site.

However, there are many places to eat and drink within walking distance and a discount for hotel guests is available at the well known Italian restaurant Salvo's on Otley Road.

It's a unique venue without being too far from the centre of Leeds and we enjoyed staying here.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights & found the superior twin bedded room comfortable & spacious, the carpet was not terribly clean & the rooms could do with some updating, but we had no real complaints. It was very quiet while we were here which we were thankful for. The view over the cricket pitch was amazing. Don't expect many facilities, but then you are booking room only, we didn't take the continental breakfast option, but there are places to get breakfast 10 mins walk away in Headingley.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple