“Authentic food”

Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This restaurant was on my wish list for quite a while and when i passed by on a business trip i gave it a go.
Their menu is an interesting mix of Greek + Turkish dishes, very authentic taste, everything tasted like i would expected it from such a place. In fact, everything i've tried was delicious.
Parking can be a challenge at some times, prices are reasonable and the menu offers a good choice.
Would definitely go there again

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Met a friend here for an early evening meal. I don't often eat in Greek restaurants just because I'm not that near to any.I had dolmades followed by a lamb dish. Both were delicious. Really good sized portions, excellent flavour. It took me back to holidays in Greece. The food is authentic, the staff were very friendly and the beers were lovely and cold, just what I needed on a warm night in the city.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have been going to Rhodes for two weeks a year every year for nine years now. The Agora makes me feel as close to Rhodes as I can get without catching a flight!
I have eaten at The Agora twice now and both times I have felt a warm welcome, received friendly service, eaten gorgeous traditional greek cuisine and left planning our next visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We visited Agora a few years ago when it first opened and were not overly taken so have not been back since, but were in Headingley last Friday and decided to give it another try- we were pleased we did! The menu is a mix of Greek and Turkish dishes- I understand the proprietor is a Turk who has lived in Greece- and the three starters and three mains we had were all excellent, particularly the Turkish ones. The £12.95 two course deal, advertised on the website and in the restaurant as only available during the week but running on Friday too when we were there, is exceptionally good value. I don't think it'll be so long until our next visit!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went in there today for the first time with our two young children who were made to feel really welcome.

We opted for the £12.95 for 2 courses option and it was absolutely delicious. The choice on the menu was very varied and it was exceptional value.

The staff were lovely too - really helpful and friendly.

This restaurant really is a must - the food is fantastic and it really is superb value.

We will definately be visiting again!