“I love The Agora”

Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Every time I go to the Agora I have a good experience. We often go for the early bird menu as we don't like to eat late, so we get two courses for £12.95. The soup of the day is always lentil but its lovely and my partner usually orders that so he is glad it's always lentil. I often get mixed dips as a starter which is really tasty. I have tried the lamb moussaka which is really gorgeous, I would go as far as saying it is the the best moussaka I have ever tried. Also the lamb kebabs are to die for, they are chargrilled and they put the kebabs onto a bed of rice which soaks up the lamb flavours and tastes amazing. When we have ordered the salmon in the past it has also been a really generous piece and perfectly cooked.
The staff at the restaurant are really friendly and accommodating. We used to just turn up to the agora for a meal but now we book because sometimes it gets really busy by 7pm.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went for mid week tea and was blown away by the quality (and quantity) of the food - and at 2 courses for £12.95 it was unbelievably cheap. For mains I had a sea bass 'sandwich' with feta and spinach in the middle..stunning. My other half had the swordfish kebab...and there were two of them. Huge, succulent pieces of fish perfectly chargrilled.

The owners were lovely too and obviously really care about making this place welcoming...couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First visit here last night and it won't be the last!
Lovely food, lovely staff. We had Souvlaki and it was delicious, even better than we've had on Crete. Massive portions, so make sure you're really, really hungry!
Definitely recommended.

2  Thank HRHII
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had the 2 courses for £12.95 deal. Loads of choice and plenty of food too. This is not just a studenty place. A good choice for a nice family meal out. I would like to try something else off the menu, so would definitely return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

A small family run restaurant. The food was excellent,really fresh and tasty. We started with sharing a plate of mixed dips, even the pitta bread tasted excellent. I had a minced lamb on a skewer dish, I think it was caused Adana. I was warned that it was spicy hot, I loved it.
Good beer and wine,wished I lived nearer.