“Unpleasant” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Villa Hotel

Oak Villa Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Headingley
Oak Villa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Headingley B&B and Inns
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Unpleasant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The price was about the only thing good about this hotel, so I suppose you get what you pay for. The decor is dull and old fashioned. The room was very small and smelt damp. The bathroom wasn't very clean - hairs in the bath and on the skirting board. Breakfast was plentiful but not very nice, with tinned tomatoes and cheap orange juice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 1soprano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Looks nice from the outside set in own grounds with plenty of free onsite parking but inside is shabby and outdated. Shared bathrooms and toilets very poor in cleanliness and tidiness, somebody had wiped their backside on a hand towel in one of the toilets which was left overnight in same filthy state covered in brown stains. Shower cubicle was pitted with black grime and scale and left with empty toiletries on the floor on a wet scrunched up bath mat which smelled. Staff should really check these shared facilities as there are obviously some filthy scruffs about! It felt more hygienic NOT to have a shower during 1 nights stay. Room was basic and cold as no heating on in winter. TV remote was broken, very frugal with supply of tea making facilities. Sunday breakfast was served far too early 8-9am so missed it. Nobody ever on reception only way of getting somebody was to go outside and ring the doorbell. Astonishing that the place has a 3 star rating and difficult to locate on sat nav even though on a main road, perhaps the message is to "drive on" !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank denise a

Travelers are raving about these Headingley hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Iv stayed here now for 5 weeks because im working in leeds and its great free parking free wifi tv coffee bar breakfast if you want it and very very friendly staff, rooms are clean and tidy nice surroundings. What more do you want the people who slate this place are wrong for the money its spot on. If you want the ritz or hilton pay your £200 a night and get 5* if its £25 a night then oakvilla is good.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Needed a last minute hotel stop over in Leeds to visit a friend in hospital and stay over with them the next day. Found this through booking.com and as it was the cheapest on offer at £35 B&B I thought I would give it a go.
Similar to other reviews, I too found it hard to find, my Sat Nav didnt place it where it actually was, but a quick call to the hotel found I was only 100 yards away.
The hotel is old, I would imagine it was grander 'back in the day', the receptionist just gave me the key and told me where the room was. To be honest, for the price I wasn't expecting much more. She was friendly and courteous and that's about as much as you want.
The room was basic, clean and tidy, though curtains, furniture and bedding were old fashioned, though the sheets and towels were clean and fresh. I had an ensuite shower room on the 2nd floor with a single bed. Room was warm enough. TV as mentioned by others was tiny and the sound was tinny. I didnt really hear any noise from other guests but then I always sleep with earplugs when away just so that I don't hear anything !

The breakfast was as mentioned in other reviews, single bacon, sausage, tomato, egg and beans with a couple of rounds of toast and a pot of tea. It was filling and adequate. There was cereal available and the juice was obviously watered down or just glorified squash.

All in all, for a convenient hotel to the city centre for the price it was reasonable value, it was a clean comfy bed and breakfast. I cant really complain and I would stay again if I needed to. I wouldnt recommend it to friends and family however or for couples, but for a solo traveller who needed to get their head down then it should suffice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark_Of_Loxley
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I should have trusted my Sat-nav when it said this place did not exist! Turned out I was 400 yards from it.
English Tourist Board 3 Star???
Well can these signs have a date on them as I am sure it was given this award sometime in the last century going by the decor. But the question is was it the 20th or 19th century?
The carpets and wallpaper were so old that they needed replacing. When a room has "shared" toilet facilities, they should clearly state how many rooms are sharing! 10 rooms sharing two toilets!!
"Full English breakfast" should have a national standard! For me, 1 slice of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 fried egg and a can of beans is no "full English"!! Also, if you are putting "rice krispies" in a container with a picture of "Kellogg's rice krispies", they should be "Kellogg's" otherwise it is false advertising.
And if one of your selling points is a "bar" in your property then it should be open not closed!!!
The only good point for me is that it was close to the rugby stadium.
Would not stay again!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Donald M
West Midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The disgusting smell hits you as you walk through the front door. Your room key is handed to you by someone who has clearly never heard of customer service. Decor is extremely old, tired & dirty with wallpaper hanging off the ceiling and walls. Bathroom window wouldn't close, the disgusting rags on the floor that were supposed to be bath and toilet pedestal mats were so old they were extremely faded and had holes in them. Tea and coffee making facilities were out of the ark, it took the kettle nearly ten minutes to decide to work and after taking one sip of the tea, we really wished it hadn't bothered. The 'white' towels weren't and they stunk of that horrible smell that permeated through the rest of the building. The walls are so thin it's like having the person in the next room urinating right next to you, every last and very loud drop could be heard. The television was just a bit bigger than a postage stamp requiring binoculars to view it if seated on the very hard bed. Played it safe with the breakfast and just had toast, cheap jam, no marmalade and the jug of 'orange juice' was in fact weak orange squash! On arrival we debated leaving and finding another hotel but as I was in Leeds on business and the company I worked for had already paid for our stay, we didn't fancy forking out for another hotel at our expense, so we decided to grit our teeth and slum it for the night. I couldn't wait to get home for a shower and chuck our clothes in the washer to try to eliminate the smell and the memory. Three star hotel??? It makes my flesh creep just thinking about the place, it should be closed down.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 290193
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Me & my 2 Friends wanted a night out in leeds we booked this b&b as it was cheap and to be honest was just a bed to sleep in at the end of the night. We arrived at the b&b and seen all the towels hung out on the line they was suppose to be white but was brown dirty!! This didnt bother us as we had our own towels. When we walked inside we was instantly hit by a horrible fusty smell. We wasnt shown to our room the lady just told us what room number it was. When we got to the room i have never seen anything so discuating in my life there was a sink in the corner with a mirror what was broken. Two chairs in each corner what was ripped. The carpet was that old it was too small for the room. We had to open the window streight away to try and get rid of the the smell the wall paper falling of the walls as it was tht damp bugs crawling up the walls we moved the bed side table and the dust was unbelieveable stains on the head board. After been in the room 30 min and all of us getting bit we went to tell the lady that we wasnt happy she didnt apologise she just kept saying "well ur not getting your deposit back" it was tht bad we wasnt even bothered about the deposit. She said they was fully booked at that they had turned people away but she offered us another room we went to look at it and tht was just as bad I wouldnt let a dog stay here and no way would i have eaten the breakfast this place isnt even a 1 star never mind a 3.in the end we ended up paying an extra £20 to stay in a beautiful hotel alot closer to the city centre.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank chelsea1706
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Haley's Hotel and Restaurant
Roomzzz Leeds City West
Headingley Lodge
Headingley Lodge
#3 of 9 in Headingley

Been to Oak Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!