“Butlers and Boundary Hotel have merged!”
Review of The Butlers Hotel

The Butlers Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was slightly surprised to walk through the front door of The Butlers Hotel to see that the foyer is joined to that of the adjacent Boundary Hotel. Indeed, though my booking was with Butlers the room was in the Boundary Hotel half. Not a problem and indeed the still quite independent looking frontages of the 2 hotels made me smile as I had just avoided parking in the front area of the "other" hotel.

Characterful decor in the public areas, though the room was rather small and drab. Slightly surprised to see the headboard laying on the bed, with a collection of screws to fit it (didn't expect to have to make my own bed - ba-dum!), so I think perhaps a bit short-staffed (just 1 person in the evening for both hotels and running the bar as far as I could see. However, not expensive and very short walk to centre of Headingley village with easy parking behind so met my requirements.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Room was comfy and clean
Service at breakfast on both mornings was shabby and we had to ask for forks, milk, bread to toast on both morning, there seemed alot of staff in the kitchen but nobody front of house over seeing to the customers. That said the food was good and the hotel was placed well close to pubs and places to eat

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night and wish I'd slept in the car. No welcome drink on arrival as stated on the groupon I purchased or restaurant as shown on the website. The lamp exploded in my face and the awful greasy smell from the reception area is still making me feel sick. I only paid £29 for this roon but still feel ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank tinkerbell119
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel looked run down from outside. Inside dark and dingy. Decor very outdated. Room layout not thought out and poor furniture. The bed linen smelt like it hadnt been changed for a for several guests, my wife couldnt have it near her face, my Mum in another room said it smelt like a teenagers room.....That said the staff were really friendly and helpful, for the price the breakfast was ok. It just needs the building and decor brought up to the standard of the staff

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked an en suite room online. On arrival they were full and my booking had not been received (despite an e-mail confirmation)! Staff helpful - a cancellation came in and they gave me the room. It was a spartan basement room, with no en suite (shared bathroom along corridor). Very basic bed, cover had holes in it - cigarette burns I think. I was grateful to have anywhere to sleep, but they ripped me off on price - only £5 reduction for a much poorer room. I filled in their on line feedback form the next day, asking for a partial refund. They ignored it. 2 out of 10.

Room Tip: PHONE the hotel to make sure your on-line booking really has been received (e-mail confirmation mean...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank footloosemusician
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here for several nights on a trip over from Ireland. I was happy with the room, I found it more than adequate and the staff were the best. The owner and reception/bar staff all gave a warm welcome and helped me with all my questions about the area, whether the location of the nearest dentist or the best place around for a hot meal they were always very patient and insightful.

The location is brilliant if you are looking to visit Headingley or even Leeds which is only 15 minutes away.

I saw some of the rooms were very grand but as I payed a very cheap rate mine was basic but I found it clean and was more than happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra here and you can get a really nice room, they do have some lovely ones with four...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as we were in Headingley for a friend's engagement party. The location is excellent. The room was unclean. The carpet was dirty and there were damp patches on the walls and some of the woodwork was rotten. The towels & bed linen were clean.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank LancashireWhiteRose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Village Hotel Leeds North
Ibis Leeds Centre
Ibis Leeds Centre
#32 of 87 in Leeds
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel

Been to The Butlers Hotel? Share your experiences!