“Great hotel great staff (spunk Dunkers on tour)”
Review of The Butlers Hotel

The Butlers Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
“Great hotel great staff (spunk Dunkers on tour)”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and was made very welcome even with a group of 13 lads looking forward to the Otley run, rooms were clean and tidy. Hotel bar well priced and breakfast was well worth forcing in down in the morning. I recommended this hotel to any age group and will be returning (if they let us) overall this hotel is well worth the money in an ideal location. Thanks for having us.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Redruth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here last month-what a fantastic place :) The staff gave friendly greetings and were wonderful,curteous,helpful and well mannered throughout my stay here-the bedrooms and facilities the hotel offered were well presented and clean and inviting with very comfortable memory foam mattresses ensuring a great nights sleep.It had a lovely bar area with a variety of drinks and all at good prices-the food was tasty and was in good variety-the price of the room I stayed in and other priced rooms that were available were very reasonable-I would definately come back again for another visit and would recommend The Butlers to other people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 125Tammy1978
Markalowther, Owner at The Butlers Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Tammy

So pleased you had such a wonderful stay, please do come and see us again soon!!

Thank you for your feedback from all the team at the Butlers
Louth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at the Butlers Hotel one night every month from October 2012 to May 2013. At first I was delighted with the kind friendly service and neat tidy room.However on my last four visits to the hotel I suffered serious bites all over my body and was extremely uncomfortable for the next 5 days. After the third incident of staying at the hotel and suffering bites, I questioned the management who insisted they would look into the problem. However on my fourth stay I was bitten again and therefore asked for the manager to call me to discuss the situation, on his return from holiday leave. Three weeks later I am still waiting for that phone call. After discussing my complaint with the acting manager, at reception, I was told there had been another complaint like mine and several of the bedrooms. had been fumigated. I feel let down and ripped off by the services offered at this hotel, on my last visit my room was filthy, the carpet had not been hoovered, dust lay on the furniture and the sink in the ensuite was dirty.For the money I paid this was totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: Dont go there unless you want to get eaten alive whilst you sleep!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Sue R
Sue,
I am so sorry that I had not been made aware of your unfortunate stays before now. We have had an indepependant inspection by a national company which found no sign of contamination in the room which you used, surrounding rooms were also checked.
I agree the cleanliness falls well below the standards that we try to achieve and can only apologise.
I really would like the opportunity to speak to you again to make amends to a previously good relationship.
I used to enjoy our chats on the Mondays you travelled to Leeds, putting the world to rights and so on.
So sorry once, all the best
Mark

Travelers are raving about these Headingley hotels

Leeds
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stopped here this weekend and have to say I have no complaints at all. My room was extremely clean, the bed very comfy and the breakfasts were lovely. The location is superb,,,literally right next to the rugby/cricket ground and a very short walk into Headingley, where there are loads of bars and restaurants.

I woud have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.....a great price....lovely room...fantastic friendly staff....what more do you want?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank davep8080
Thank you for your positive feedback, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the team.

Thank you again from us all at the Butlers, come back soon...
Liverpool
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family for a wedding simply needed to rest our head and get ready. First impressions a large semi that is in need of a lot of refurbishment quite tatty outside, I know they are going for a certain look but it just looked tired and worn.
Reception was empty on arrival but all we could was chip fat, reception area very dark, large mirror with even bigger crack. A small library with an ancient computer and very old worn out furniture.
Given keys to rooms ours was not ready yet but was done quite quickly by the nice cleaner. However I don't think she can do much as the carpets are again ancient as was the strong sewage smelling bathroom which had a large portion of the ceiling fallen down and a dirty looking old brown suite, to top it off a tiny window in the bedroom was the only ventilation. Amazingly we had a quiet night and my OH slept like a baby. Cannot comment on breakfast as we left early.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank amylfc2006
Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased that your oh slept soundly but that does not make up for the maintenance problems in the bathroom. Unfortunately we suffered a leak on the roof which affected the bathroom in your room. It has since been completely modernised and fit once more.
I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay and would ask you to talk with you more on 0113 274 4755

Regards and best wish
Mark Lowther
Shepshed, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Ideally situated for cricket and rugby. The Hotel is in need of a good refurbished the rooms are poor the ensuites are like rabbit hatches there is no room to swing a cat in them. plenty of parking.there are plenty of places to eat nearby

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feed back. We are in the process of refurbing all rooms at the hotel. This is an 18 month project but improving the standards overall. I am keen to learn more from your comments, we do not normally recieve complaints regarding the size of the en-suites, but many apologies if they were smaller than you have been accustomed. If you have the time please call on 0113 274 4755 so that we can discuss yout complaint further.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having worked in Hull most of the day, and travelling to Leeds in the evening for an early start in Leeds, my Son booked the Hotel for me half an hour before we arrived !

The Manager of the Hotel was really friendly and helpful, and even moved his car from the front of the hotel so we could park easily as the rear car parking area was full.

All staff were really friendly and polite, and the breakfast was really good, and for the excellent value, they cannot be faulted.

I would recommend them to anyone travelling that way, and the next time I am working in the Leeds area I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it really is appreciated. We look forward to seeing again when you next travel to Leeds.

Thank you again from all the team at the Butlers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Ascot Grange Hotel
Ibis Leeds Centre
Ibis Leeds Centre
#30 of 87 in Leeds
Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre

Been to The Butlers Hotel? Share your experiences!