“Great value for money!”

Haley's Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for the second time last night while visiting daughter at Leeds uni. This time we brought our Labrador and we were therefore offered the Garden Room, which forms part of Bedford House (annexe to main hotel on same site). The room is on the ground floor, with its own external entrance and a separate lobby - ideal for a dog. The room itself has got plenty of character and is nicely decorated. Spacious ensuite with bath and shower. Good quality toiletries. Buffet breakfast very good and included in room rate. Nice lounge bar with very reasonable prices. Last time we opted for a superior room located in one of the "turrets" - again very comfortable and spacious. Convenient spot in Headingley for local bars and shops, and cheap bus or taxi ride to city centre. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Garden room ideal if you're bringing a dog. Worth splashing out an extra tenner for one of the s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carolofberks
CornmillLodge, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

You are right, Haley's is very well placed for Leeds (shopping centre of the north) also cricket, rugby and the universities. Hope to see you again soon. Gordon

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I Stayed for two nights from the 31/1/13 to the 1/2/13.i stayed in a disabled room that was a few yards.away from the main hotel and the disabled was so nice in deed there was plenty of tea and coffee.and even biscuits there was a big bathroom with a shower.the bed is that comfy I wanted to take it home with me.the breakfast was help yourself from continental to a full breakfast.i shall definitely shall be going back in a few months time.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank skoda1965
CornmillLodge, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you, hope to see you again soon. Gordon

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here Friday and Saturday night with friends and it was perfect! The room was lovely and was nice to get somewhere where all 3 of us could stay in a room. The third bed was small but luckily my friend was only short so it suited her perfectly! The shower was amazing! Location is perfect with just a very short walk away from Headingley centre and with Free parking we couldnt fault it at all. Didn't have much interaction with staff but the staff we did see were all very friendly. Overall a lovely hotel and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Elh07

Thank you for your kind comments. Gordon

Reviewed February 3, 2013

i had the pleasure of staying in haleys hotel for 2 nights .the hotel is a lovely old building with a nice garden .the reception was warm welcoming .my bedroom was nice and spacious spotlessly clean and came with all the comforts you would need .breakfast was great and staff very attentive to all your wishes .the hotel is situated on a quiet street but within 300 metres you have plenty of nightlife restaurants shops bars clubs i have to say this is a great little hotel would recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank belfastlad45
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We celebrated our 60th and 65th birthday with a party at the hotel we had 27 people the table was very imressive we were in a room on our own the table was set out beautiful the staff could not do more for us the food was perfect was not rushed to leave . We had three of our party families staying at the hotel the rooms were very big and catered for children. Only one fauly the childrens portions were far too big but we had a great evening and would recommend anyone to use this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank janet240712
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I got a good deal for one night - the location of the hotel was convenient, as it was only about 5 minutes from my son's student halls. However, for a number of reasons, I will not return, despite, as I understand it, having been 'upgraded' from a single to a double room, as the hotel was not full.
Although I was greeted in a friendly manner on arrival, the hotel felt tired. It was odd to walk into reception to find an empty silver catering stand in front of the main stairs, smelling faintly greasy (I do appreciate that it had been there for serving Sunday lunches, but it looked very out of place!). My bed was comfortable but it was only when I settled down for the night that I noticed that what may have been fittings for reading lights had been messily removed at each side of the bed leaving plaster with holes. It is many years since I stayed in any hotel that did not have a working bedside light! I then discovered the considerable draft coming from the large window by the bed which was not adequately sealed. It was too late to contact a member of staff or ask to change rooms at this point.
In the morning, the breakfast was hearty. When leaving, it was almost impossible to find a member of staff as there was no one on reception. Eventually, someone appeared. I raised my concerns from the previous night - she said that they 'were aware that there were some things that needed fixing'.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank neverlostforwords

I dont know which room this was but i shall investigate your comments. G Jowett

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as convenient to my daughter who I was visiting. Lovely hotel, very cosy and welcoming. Has parking at the hotel which I've noticed is not readily available in the city centre hotels. Staff were very helpful and polite. I was upgraded to a double room. Bathroom was a good size and very clean with toiletries available. The shower was lovely, no problems with water pressure. Bed was very comfortable. It was very clean and facilities were excellent with tea/coffee, hairdryer, iron and ironing board (if you needed any of these, but nice to have the choice). I didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel but it was fairly busy and looked nice. I paid £44.50 for the room and that is a good rate after checking out some of the hotels on various sites in Leeds. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank normski101

Thank you for your kind review. Gordon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
#45 of 87 in Leeds
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#33 of 87 in Leeds
Headingley Lodge
#4 of 9 in Headingley
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Been to Haley's Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!