Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjacuzzi bathwedding venuethe penthouseguests commented on howwedding breakfastevening receptionfrench doorsevening partywedding coordinatorroll top bathyorkshire breakfastsunday lunchfull englishlovely hotelbeautiful roombirthday treatelland road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night for my boyfriends birthday. We stayed in a duluxe room which was very spacious and had a modern bathroom with a jacuzzi bath. Large bathrobes each, a fridge and tea/ coffee facilities were also in the room. The bed was large and very comfortable. Hotel was beautiful and in a great location... Close but not too close to leeds. Staff were friendly throughout our stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Yes it can get warm in Leeds. I stayed in July on business. My room was on the top floor - effectively squeezed into the roof. It had a double bed which occupied almost all of the floor space, and everything was very compact. There was nowhere to put the attractive but superfluous cushions except on the floor.
It was a hot day and the room was uncomfortably warm - then I spotted the remote control for a ceiling mounted air conditioning unit. I hoped for a blast of ice cold air, what I got was a miserable trickle of warm air. I spoke to reception who suggested turning the remote to the hottest temperature - or they could provide a fan. I persevered for a little longer then spoke to reception, told them that a fan would not be sufficient and that even if the air conditioner was producing cool air the filter was choked with dust. 10/10 to the receptionist who then found me a room on a lower floor - larger and thankfully cooler if this had not been possible I would have been looking for an alternative venue.

The evening meal and breakfast were only average. I was expecting country hotel fine dining and got a limited bistro / pub menu.

There are good points through. The setting is quiet and attractive. I can see how it would make a good venue for a special occasion - assuming that a suitable menu was on offer. The rooms were clean, there has clearly been considerable investment especially in the bathrooms. The staff attentive, with the receptionist deserving a gold star, although the waiter only had a limited knowledge of the menu.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor. Rooms are compact and can get very hot in the summer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Travelled here alone on business for one night only. Arrived late on a Sunday night but warm and friendly welcome at check in. In fact the staff were extremely friendly throughout my stay.

Offered help with my luggage to my room, which was on the second (top) floor which I declined as lift available. Unfortunately no mention that button for 2nd floor not working, but no big deal as just one flight of stairs to negotiate.

Room was beautifully clean and presented but would have been slightly cramped if there had been two of us. Would also have benefited from a full length mirror somewhere in the room or bathroom, as none available.

The bathroom was very clean and spacious with a separate bath and shower. Slight niggle with the sink which tended to block but it did clear eventually - advised staff in the morning who said they would attend to it. Bed was extremely comfortable and enjoyed a great night’s sleep, one of the best I have had in a hotel for some time.

Breakfast was served in a gorgeous dining room with views over the garden, and was a delightful setting. The cold and hot food available was extremely varied and inviting, and the Yorkshire full breakfast was very good, especially the bacon.

Travelling into the City did take a while in the morning because of the heavy traffic on the A62 up to the Ring Road, but I would definitely stay here again, maybe choose a different route for work the next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel has been revamped in the last 5 or so years. Decor is contemporary and welcoming. Bar drinks are a bit pricey but it is a hotel. A friend had her wedding here a couple of years ago and they were very pleased with the whole event. We enjoyed Kelly's wedding, the staff were helpful and the hotel looked good. Nice grounds for pictures too. I recently took Mother for afternoon tea as a birthday surprise. The cost was about £14 pp which is slightly better value than most places that serve afternoon tea in the area. My only comment would be that the afternoon tea is set in stone with 3 (?) choices of sandwich fillings and 3 choices of cakes. None of the party were huge fans of the smoked salmon sandwiches so I felt a bit peeved that I'd paid for something I didn't really want, beter if we could choose fillings we would prefer. All in all a nice experience, no great views to admire whilst we were eating just the whoops and hollers of the group doing a team building day on the lawn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Lovely hotel with staff particularly pleasant and polite. We stayed in a 'family room' which was both immaculate and well decorated. Unfortunately when they say family room, they mean large room as it only provides a double bed as standard. They charge extra for additional beds and cots which was frustrating. Breakfast was very good. One thing we did note was that the hotel did appear to lack some character and and is more 'businessy' than homely, which belies the exterior & grounds. Walls were a little thin so you can hear activity in other rooms. Or put another, I know people could hear my aforementioned family waking up at 5am and running up and down the length of the room (not me).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family