“A real gem”

Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gildersome
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have eaten at this hotel twice and on both occasions was impressed with the lovely surroundings and the excellent food. The staff are friendly and efficient and the whole hotel gives the impression of being well run.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've used this hotel for business on many occasions and cannot fault it. I also attended a beautiful wedding here in 2007. The grounds are tranquil and relaxing and the location for south Leeds/ m62 is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel around a dozen times over the years, my first time certainly did give me the WOW factor, I remember they always seemed to be filming for Emmerdale, and the breakfast was to die for the rooms were both tastefully decorated and pristine, it is still very good, don't get me wrong but the rooms are getting a little dated, the breakfast was okay and the staff were friendly, it is far different now then it was it was in its infant years when the first thing you would notice was a large parrot who's name has alluded me now.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The woodlands way surpassed our expectations as a venue for getting married. The quality if the venue itself, the immaculate and quirky rooms, the out of this world customer service... It's second to none.

If you're planning a wedding Lauren will be your wedding coordinator and planner and she's a gem, ensuring everything goes smoothly with a few added lovely surprises for you on the day. Your toastmaster Nigel is equally wonderful, super attentive and smiles all day. The whole team create the perfect day, you can just enjoy the luxurious surroundings and focus on having fun with friends and family... Can't rate this place and the people highly enough xx

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank adele p
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for my birthday weekend, we married there last July and fell in love with it. The staff are helpful and attentive and the hotel has a lovely relaxed feel about it. Upon booking we were asked if the stay was for a special occasion so we explained it was for my birthday, we thought the receptionist was just making conversation and thought nothing of it, then when we went into dinner we were told there was a glass of prosecco on the house for us as a birthday treat, very nice we thought, then when desserts arrived my desert came with a single candle and Haply Birthday written on the plate. what a very nice gesture. The hotel was very clean the room luxurious with lovely toiletries our room had a patio and garden area in which to sit and enjoy the tranquility of the day. Can't wait to stay again. We can't recommend this hotel enough! 5*

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AMFinlay
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My sister got married here last Friday and it was a wonderful venue! I can't fault it in any which way! The food and venue were brilliant. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

The bedrooms are beautiful! We had a deluxe room and I loved the jacuzzi bath!

I would highly recommend it as a wedding venue and the hotel as somewhere to stay, the grounds are lovely so would be a great place for a romantic break.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Recently held our daughter's wedding at Woodlands for 120+ guests.
Why did we choose Woodlands? There are numerous other venues which are cheaper and offer a good package.

Woodlands has the edge on 3 major criteria.

Firstly the venue itself. As you drive through the industrial area of South Leeds towards the Motorway you are thinking what on earth are you doing visiting this place. Then suddenly you come across the Woodlands Sign and via a tree lined drive you enter an oasis in the desert. The building itself is well maintained (inside & out) and around the side in a stunning area for a reception with outside tables, a large patio and a lovely green garden and views to the woods. We were fortunate - the forecasted rain held off, the sun appeared and the drinks and canopes were served in the grounds as the string quartet played background music - perfect! Inside - the bars, lounges and ceremony room are also of a high standard.

Secondly the quality of the food. I have been to many functions and had the usual fare but the food at Woodlands is simply - a step above. Even for catering on a large scale it was delicious.

Thirdly - Woodlands has a wedding marquee. It might not be your thing or you might prefer a normal room inside a building. However, the purpose built permanent marquee is where to have the wedding breakfast/meal. With great lighting and all the facilities it makes a great and memorable location to eat and then party afterwards.
The venue has its own DJ and has recently been granted an outdoor music licence so bands can play at functions (a marquee is classed as an outside venue)

Our wedding co-coordinator Lauren and Manager Nigel were superb throughout the whole process and also on the day. They are professional, flexible and aim to please. All the staff on the day were fantastic - polite, helpful and not too intrusive.
We received many comments from our guests praising the venue, food and staff - enough said.
Woodlands have approx 20 rooms to stay overnight. I believe about half are really excellent whilst the others are on the small side.

In general I have no hesitation in recommended Woodlands as a Wedding Venue. Feedback from our guests were extremely positive. If you do choose Woodlands - I think you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gildersome
Quebecs
Dakota Deluxe Leeds
#1 of 87 in Leeds
Leeds City Centre
The Chambers Park Place

Been to Woodlands Hotel Leeds? Share your experiences!