2,672 results
All reviews genting arena resorts world minute walk leisure club bar meals train station birmingham airport leisure facilities bit dated burgundy restaurant sat nav visiting the nec would stay again close to the airport tea and coffee stayed here for one night family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Getting to the hotel was the first major issue as the walking map provided online to find the location was fine up until nearing the hotel. Very poor signage to find the footpath around the back of the hotel. Room was very warm despite it being mid October. Heating in the room was not turned on and only way to cool the room was to open the double glazed windows which mean that the room became very noisy! Water pressure in the shower (no bath) was poor. Unable to get hot water from the basin taps. The room was clean, but very tired looking with hard bed so didn’t really get a good night’s sleep. Only one 13amp socket available for use. Complimentary toiletries were provided and adequate towels. Tea and coffee making facilities but needed to use the only spare socket in the room! Fortunately I am a frequent traveler so had my own multiple socket extension. Widescreen TV, but didn’t use.

Friendly staff and very good cooked and continental breakfast selection. Despite getting a very good overnight rate from Booking.com, I would have expected a better standard of room for the money. Would probably choose a different hotel for my next visit to Birmingham NEC.

Trip type: Traveled on business
MichaelDSimpson, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I am really disappointed to learn that some maintenance issues in some parts of the hotel has affected your stay experience with us, and it has made you not want to return to us again in the future.

Throughout the last year we have been working to make some significant improvements with regards to décor around the hotel, based on feedback we had previously received. We have fully refitted and refurbished 60% of our bathrooms, and we are currently undergoing a reactive maintenance project with regards to the remaining ones. We also have a bedroom refurbishment project underway seeing our bedrooms being completed throughout the course of 2019.

In addition to this we are working hard to ensure that all maintenance faults are identified and fixed prior to our guests arriving so that we do not have the issues you experienced.

I therefore am disheartened that despite our efforts, you have still had a poor experience with us, and you are so disappointed by your experience with us, you are not looking to return.

That said, our work is not done, we will continue to grow and improve the product and experience to our guests and members, and feedback from yourselves will definitely form part of that, as the hotel evolves in the future.
Thank you again for taking the time to review us, and my sincerest apologies that we have let you down so badly, and I hope next time you are in the Birmingham Airport / NEC area you will have an altogether better stay experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Reception area of hotel is a lovely first impression and the staff were faultless. However, We stayed here for one night to save us leaving home in oxford in the early hours for a 7am flight. Our nights sleep was so bad we would of got more sleep if we had saved our money and done exactly that. Our room was on top of the motorway with permanent noise, extremely hot rooms with no fan or air con and an awfully uncomfortable bed. Rooms are also very dated. Horrible tired start to our holiday, never again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I am really disappointed to learn that the décor in some parts of the hotel has affected your stay experience with us, and it has made you not want to return to us again in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us, and my sincerest apologies that we have let you down so badly, and I hope next time you are in the Birmingham Airport area you will have an altogether better stay experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed overnight en route to and early start in Birmingham, and it was very pleasant. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Tips - if you've booked room-only, ask at check-in if you want breakfast added.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your lovely review, and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our team should invite you to book breakfast on check in - its £10.00 on the front desk or £12.00 on the door in the morning (prices current as of 29/09/2019).

I hope to welcome you back to us again for your next trip to Birmingham.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel in good location, but needs a little updating though. Food was good and reception staff were great. Car park was a little small. My main issue was the shower. It didn't really work, the pressure was very poor.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I appreciate the balanced review you have given on your experience with us at the hotel.

I was pleased to read some aspects of this review, and I can see that we have let you down on several areas, and I have ensured the feedback you have left has been shared with my management team, so that we can praise the team on the good, and get a good plan together to improve the negative areas.

I hope to welcome you back to us again in the near future for your next stay in the area, and an improved overall experience.

Delete Response

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service, affordable, good room. Tea and coffee good but could have done with more cold water. Becky - who looked after us - was very customer oriented and calming when the PA company were late turning up!

Delete Response