Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
  • Room Service
$69
$100
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Free Internet
$84
$80
$60
  • Room Service
Travelodge Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$43
$41
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$67
$56
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,848 results
All reviewsgenting arenaleisure clubbirmingham airportbar mealsleisure facilitiestrain stationmin walksat navreception staffburgundy restaurantbit datedbooked this hotelvisiting the necsteam roomclose to the airportmain restaurantideal location
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently stayed over during a visit to the NEC for a concert. What a delightful place to stay. It may not be the most modern with all the bells & fancy whistles that the corporates offer but for the price it is brilliant & offers more than expected.
The reception area is large, cheerful & bright & the staff add to the positive feeling about the Hotel.
The booking in experience was excellent. Even though we hit "rush hour" reception managed to deal with everyone competently & speedily & with a huge friendly smile. We were in our rooms in no time at all. Kudos to fantastic, efficient, informed & cheerful staff.
Our room on the 1st floor overlooking the courtyard was more than adequate. Nothing posh - it was very comfortable, attractive & clean with tea & coffee station, toiletries & fresh fluffy towels.
We had booked dinner that evening on the recommendation of the Reception which was an excellent idea as the food at the NEC looked alright, but we thoroughly enjoyed a leisurely dinner in the beautifully appointed restaurant with attentive & informative staff - again! The mea was delicious & dessert beautifully presented. Although the restaurant was smartly laid we did not feel uncomfortable in our concert jeans & T-shirts. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals & the wine selection is also more than adequate with some lovely bottles on the menu at a reasonable price.
The stroll to the NEC is well signposted & complimented by the map from reception was easy to get to. A short easy walk with the shortcuts & well lit on the return journey.
Breakfast was lovely with the usual compliment of happy, polite & accommodating staff. A buffet of pastries, fruit, yoghurts, cereals & hot selection was more than adequate.
The Spa was lovely - a swim & steam before breakfast - too lazy to use the gym apparatus all expertly laid out though! Maybe on our next visit …..
All in all an excellent overnight stop & such an excellent location for the NEC, or the airport.

Room Tip: our room on the courtyard was peaceful & the windows opened!
1  Thank TorquayBear
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Torquay Bear,

I am really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your lovely comments with regards to our staff. I will ensure my management team cascade your feedback to all our team.

We have recently put a lot of effort into reviewing our product offering to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our guests, and this has included upgrading our bedroom product, public areas and even getting better quality towels to rival our 4* competitors.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here for a concert at the NEC. Quick check in , clean rooms, food was good and breakfast filled me for the day. Good location and excellent road links.
Would not hesitate in staying again when visiting the NEC

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Purbeckwanderer

Dear Purbeckwanderer

Thank you for your great review of our hotel!

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here when we went to see The Eagles at the NEC. Ideal location for it, 10 minutes approx. walk, got a map from reception for the route which was helpful but hardest thing was finding the footpath from the hotel! No worries walking back at night in the dark as it's well lit and there were lots of other people walking back to local hotels. Bar was still open on our return after 11 and we managed to get a couple of sandwiches (if you ordered from reception, not the bar) at about midnight (bit pricey at £4 each but apart from crisps/nuts from the bar, all there was). Drinks were reasonably priced for a hotel I suppose and the bar food was good but did take quite a while to come even though there was hardly anyone eating. We had the beefburger and chicken burger mid afternoon. Hotel is lovely in my opinion, I was very pleased with it. Check in was good, staff helpful and friendly. Room was really nice, clean, tidy, nicely decorated. Window was open the whole time we were there because it was so warm in the room but that suited us. There was a TV, kettle with tea/coffee supplies and hairdryer. Bed was comfortable and although there was only one pillow on the bed I found 2 more in the wardrobe. Bathroom was very nicely done out and clean.

Dear Sally H,

Thank you for choosing Arden Hotel, Solihull for your stay for the event you attended at the adjacent LG Arena.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay, and also pleased to say that the Bar & In Room Dining options for 24 hour dining will be evolving in the autumn to enable a better range of meals throughout the night.

I also would like to apologise for the issue you experienced with the service speed in the Lounge. I will bring this up with the Bar & Lounge Manager & our Executive Head Chef to ensure this is addressed in the future so there is no re-occurrence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future, for your next event in the area.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Arden near to Birmingham airport and the NEC is a clean, modern, well located and totally soulless hotel just off J6 of the M42.
We used this hotel because of its location close to the NEC where we attended the Eagles concert, which, by the way, was absolutely brilliant.
The Arden like several others in the near vicinity probably makes 90% of its turnover from visitors to the airport and the NEC. If that is its purpose it does the job well.
I would be unhappy about having to stay more than 1 night purely because it has no atmosphere at all. And no reason why it should, as that is not what it is about.
Anyone who has read any of my previous reviews will be well aware that I am very concerned with the small details which in my view can make or break an establishment.
Bear in mind the Arden must vie for its clientele with several big multi national operations who have this type of operation down to a fine art. Places like the Crowne Plaza, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Novotel etc.
Then you begin to appreciate that when you have a room where they leave you 1 tea bag and 2 measly sachets of coffee, where there are no tissues, no pen or pad, no flannels, and where the electric sockets are too close to the dado rail for a plug to locate correctly and safely, then you can see how the small things become important no matter how clean and comfortable the room and hotel in general actually are. (Sorry, that is very poor grammar and construction)
I hope you can see the point I try to make.
With the competition snapping at your heels, the small matter become vital in the dash for the cash and clients will vote with their feet no matter how trivial the differences may seem.
On the up side the staff we encountered were superb and helpful and probably as frustrated as we were.
Come on guys you have something here which you can make so much better with a minimum of effort and little actual cost. What's stopping you??

Room Tip: If all you want is a bed and breakfast this will do very well.
1  Thank Stuart R

Dear Stuart R,

Thank you for your review, and I appreciate your honest feedback on your stay experience with us.

I apologise profusely for the issues you experienced with your room, you certainly should have received more tea and coffee making facilities, (..it sounds to me like the room you were allocated was not stocked correctly as you also should have some guest stationery in the draws!)

I will take on board your comments with regards to the flannels. We very rarely get feedback on this, however I will ensure this is addressed and reviewed over the coming months.

Your comments will assist us going forward in evolving the product offering w have, and I am really pleased you enjoyed your concert, and I hope to welcome you back to us again for an altogether better stay experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I attended at conference at the NEC, and wanted somewhere convenient and comfortable.
Arden Hotel was about 10 minutes walk from the train station (via the short cut!). Room was quiet, clean and comfortable, though a little warm!
Food in the restaurant was really nice - the creme brulee pudding a real masterchef experience!
Staff friendly and helpful
Breakfast well set out and tasty - good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Suzaille,

Thank you for choosing Arden Hotel for your stay in the area, I am really pleased to see you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your dining experience. We only use local suppliers for our food and operate on 'fresh from scratch' cooking techniques. Our Table d'hôte menu is changed weekly to ensure that our customers get an experience unrivalled in the area (...and our chefs get an opportunity to stretch their talent!).

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.