“Great Location for the NEC.”

Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bickenhill
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Although very near the NEC its a bit tricky getting to it for the first time, although getting back to the NEC takes just minutes. Check-in was very efficient and our room was fine and comfortable , although with a very dated bathroom, which was fine apart from the shower head which my husband had to clean before we could use it. The air vent was also clogged with dust and there were cobwebs on the ceiling. Old fashioned is fine but a bit more care with the cleaning would have helped. There is a very pleasant large bar with lots of very comfortable seating and the staff are efficient and friendly. There are a la carte and table d'hote menus available in the restaurant but we chose to eat in the bar area and had a delicious burger with salad and fries for a very reasonable price. The portions were large and everything was very well cooked.

A small point but the car park is free! unlike some hotels in the immediate area.

All in all, The Arden is looking a little tired and there are signs that they are in the process of up-dating but it is very clean and well kept. We would definitely consider this hotel when we book out next trip in September.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear lyndos22

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and will ensure this is addressed with my management team.

I apologise that there were some cleaning issues with the shower head in your bathroom, this will be addressed with our Housekeeping Manager as these should be cleaned thoroughly every day as part of the overall bedroom cleaning process, and therefore at no point should there have been a build up that should have required your husband to clean.

I will pass your lovely feedback with regards to our Lounge team to their line manager and ensure that we continue to offer an outstanding service in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us for your next stay in the area.

There are newer reviews for Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Easter weekend had the best time & location was great for the concert in the evening at the LG arena - was approx 10 minutes walk away.
The pool, sauna etc was great, room was clean & bathroom spacious. Bar lunch was nice basic pub food but good. Also opted for the breakfast in bed option for £12 which sounds steep but it was a HUGE breakfast. Shame the earliest they do dinner is 6pm as be a good earner providing pre-show set dinner at 430pm-ish.
Only negative we asked for a 3rd mug as we were a party of three & only had 2 mugs with coffee/ tea in room but it never turned up. So if that's all I can moan about safe to say a great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear 8453,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Arden Hotel. I am really pleased you had a great stay here with us.

We have taken on board your advice, and recently introduced Pre-concert dining from 5.00pm on key nights. With gates opening for most events from 6.30pm this will ensure our guests have more than sufficient time to have a table d'hôte meal in our main restaurant prior to gates opening.

I am really pleased to hear that you had a great stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to us for your next event at LG Arena.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Whilst I did not actually stay at this hotel, I did go here for a family gathering for a 75th Birthday. The restaurant and bar staff were very polite and provided an excellent service. The food was magnificent to say the least, we had a three course meal, with a selection of starters, mains and puddings. Again the staff were great, really would recommend it for a special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Hopelaa,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to see that you had a great meal with us, and that you received a good service from my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here for a night after a concert at the LG Arena. Staff were excellent. Nothing too much trouble, both at reception and in the restaurant and Leisure Club. Everyone was so friendly.We had a lovely 3 course, reasonably priced meal in the restaurant and it is an easy 10 minute walk to the arena. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear hodgebabe,

Thank you for your lovely review with regards to your stay with us, I am pleased to see that we met your expectations.

I will pass your feedback onto my management team, and particularly our Leisure & Wellbeing team, who will ensure this is cascaded to our team. We are consistently working hard to ensure that we offer the best possible service to our guests and I am really pleased to see this recognised in your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon, when you are next in the area.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

What a fab hotel. Rooms were spotless except our bin in the bathroom hadn't been emptied. This was soon resolved when told at reception. Leisure facilties were really good and even went for a swim. The Arden breakfast was second to none. With a wide range of buffet style all you can eat I was very pleased. We visited this hotel due to concert at the lg arena. With a stones throw walk it was the ideal place to stay. Definitely go back there

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Lucylui22,

Thank you for your lovely review with regards to your stay with us, I am pleased to see that we met and exceeded your expectations.

I will pass your feedback onto my management team who will ensure this is cascaded to our team. We are consistently working hard to ensure that we offer the best possible service to our guests and I am really pleased to see this recognised in your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon, when you are next in the area.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We hosted a three course dinner and cabaret at The Arden last weekend for 90 guests and would like to say a huge thank you to Richard Billingham and his team for helping make the event run so smoothly. The service was excellent, the food was superb and as we were setting everything up during the afternoon, the staff could not have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, even last minute requests for extra tables for our raffle and tombola prizes. The standard of the restaurant food was very high and many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed it. The hotel offered a good value for money rate on B&B for those guests who wished to stay over too. Definitely a great venue for a dinner, reception or other type of party.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Martin935

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your event. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto Richard and the Food & Beverage team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us for your next event!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I booked the room as we were going to the LG Arena, staff very friendly and efficient got a welcome travel set when we checked in which was a very nice touch. Room was clean and tidy had everything you would need for a one night stay, we went to the leisure club which was lovely, sauna, steam room nice pool etc. didn't use main restaurant but had a meal from the bar menu which was very tasty and lots of it! Only a 10 minute walk to arena. Breakfast was great everything you could wish for lots of staff and very attentive. Would most definitely use this hotel again when attending a concert or prior to flying from birmingham airport. Considering it is close to the airport didn't hear any noise. Fab!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear rufuscrewe,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Arden Hotel in the near future.

Michael Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#27 of 118 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Been to Arden Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!