Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
$89
$226
$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Free Internet
$150
$70
  • Room Service
Travelodge Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$47
$44
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$56
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,847 results
All reviewsgenting arenaleisure clubbirmingham airportbar mealsleisure facilitiestrain stationmin walksat navreception staffburgundy restaurantbit datedbooked this hotelvisiting the necsteam roomclose to the airportmain restaurantideal location
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my sister to go to a concert at lg arena. Very convenient location. Even tho our concert got cancelled
Used the health club which was a nice way to relax.
Dined in the restaurant and had a beautiful 3 course meal for £20 , the quality of food was magnificent for the price and presentation was superb.
The bar area does look a little dated and could do with a new floor covering and the removal of the curtains that just hang aimlessly from the ceiling .
All staff that we engaged with was polite and very friendly, a real credit to the hotel.
Will definitely be booking to stay here again when we have a rescheduled date to see p!nk .

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Nats1980
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Nats1980,

Thanks for your lovely feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of your stay despite the concert being cancelled at the last minute!

I appreciate your feedback with regards to some areas being dated which is an area we are very much focused on rectifying to ensure that your guest experience remains at a premium.

I look forward to welcoming you back when the rescheduled dates are announced!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here recently whilst visiting the NEC, having managed a good deal on expedia.
It's very convenient and has ample free parking. I found it very easily although their website cautions that some sat nav systems have difficulty pinpointing the location.
As others have already said, bedrooms are fairly tired and in need of updating. I ate out in the evening so can't comment on restaurant/bar, but breakfast was good enough. All of the staff were very pleasant and welcoming.
All in all decent value for the location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sprayco

Dear Sprayco,

Thank you for your comments and feedback on your stay at the Arden Hotel NEC. I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and overall stay.

I am sorry to learn you had issues with your Satellite Navigation system finding us, unfortunately we are 'off the radar' on some of the systems, however if you are finding you are being given a strange location a member of our team will be happy to assist with an adjacent postcode to help you find us. We have brown attraction signs on the road so from this point you will be able to get to us easily.

We will obviously continue working on this, as we know this causes some problems on a couple of systems, but we hope to welcome you back to us in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel after reading reviews which were good.The staff were very helpful,accommodation was good and a ten minute walk to the LG Arena which was excellent as you can have a drink and not worry about how to get back to the hotel.
For £4 return you can catch a train to Birmingham New Street which run frequently 10 min walk from hotel to station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear elbietaBristol,

Thank you for choosing the Arden Hotel & Leisure Club Birmingham NEC/Solihiull.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, the journey into Birmingham City Centre is very fast with good connections from the adjacent Birmingham International Station.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Arden for 2 nights recently as i attended a workshop there. For the price i feel there are far superior hotels in the area on offer. Check-in was smooth if a bit hasty (i like to be told some brief basics on the hotel, not just given room number).
The rooms were of a good size and appeared clean. The room had a shower cubicle with the most pathetic shower i have ever had (if the pressure had been any lower it would have been a drip).
My main issue with the room was the bed. I have never felt a mattress like it, it positively V'd when sat on and i had to grip the edge of the bed to stop rolling into the centre. I was on the verge of calling up for a trundle bed as it would have been a better nights sleep. The pillows were equally awful.
Positives! Nice little pool with sauna and steam room etc. Breakfast was above average, hot and plentiful. The evening set menu was tasty and good value for money at £20.
The restaurant did feel a bit like it was straight from the 70's with dark wood panelled walls and red velvet chairs.
The business facilities were good with regular top up of bottled water, tea and coffee.
Overall i would not choose to stay here again if it were not for the fact that the company I choose to study with uses this hotel for all its workshops.
It needs a major modernisation programme that is probably not financially viable in this market.

Room Tip: I am told that the newer part of the hotel has baths.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Vallster,

Thank you for your comments regarding your conference at Arden Hotel and your stay with us.

I will take on board your comments with regards to check in being hasty and the team not giving you enough information regarding the facilities in the hotel. I will review with our Front of House Manager, and we will ensure the team give sufficient information on check in.

We operate a programme of mattress replacements at the hotel and this should avoid the issues you explained, therefore if you have a copy of your invoice and can contact me to detail your room number, our Housekeeping Manager will inspect and we will obviously replace this mattress if it is needed.

I hope to welcome you back shortly for your next conference, if you would like to take an opportunity to speak to me on your return, I would appreciate your time to discuss the issues you have experienced in more detail.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went to see a show at the LG arena and staying at this hotel made it so much easier than queueing to get in and out of car parks. It is in easy walking distance to the LG and if you want to take a taxi it will cost £5-£6. We took the taxi there and walked back. The hotel staff are brilliant and nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast offered a really good choice, both hot and cold. Even though the bedrooms and bathrooms are a bit 1980ish in decor, they were very clean.
We didn't use the spa - next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Debra041,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us for your visit to the LG Arena.

We are looking at the bedrooms and in some areas of the hotel and aim to upgrade on these in the very near future where we deem necessary. I hope that you get an opportunity to use our leisure club on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Arden Hotel in the near future, for you next concert at LG Arena.