“great place to stay”

Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bickenhill
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just had a one night stay at this hotel and was mighty impressed, its clean the staff are friendly and the rooms are warm and comfy.dinner in the restaurant was very good and very reasonable in price, it is also very close to the lg arena which was perfect for us, I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear chickenbez,

I am glad you had a great stay!

I will forward a copy of your comments with regards to your dinner to our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager as I know they always appreciate the feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next concert at LG Arena.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Im a frequent traveller for business, I would be disappointed if I was spending my own money on this room. There was snow on the floor outside and the bed only had a thin sheet and the throw over it, it was a cold night! There is no temperature control in the room.

I requested a blanket the next night and was brought a single duvet for a double bed.

The decor is dated but it's clean, and the staff are friendly enough.

The restaurant food was a little disappointing so ate in the bar for the rest of the week. The cooked breakfast is good but if you wanted to go for somethig other than cooked breakfast the selection is limited compared to other hotels Ive been to.

The location however is excellent and only a short distnce from the train station. They have free wifi which is a huge bonus most hotels charge you to connect to their internet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hotel may seem a little dated in its decor, however this is soon forgotten with the excellent customer service of all staff and the great food from their on site restaurant.
Have stayed here at least 4 times in the last year and service has not faulted from the usual standard of excellence each time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear pauline b,

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you have enjoyed all your recent stays with us.

I appreciate that there is some work to be done on the decor, in some of our older bedrooms, and we are looking into this in the very near future, so we can continue to offer you a product that will meet your needs and expectations.

Once again Pauline, Thank you for your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you back for your 5th visit!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at Arden Hotel for one night as going to Mrs Brown show at LG Arena. Chose it as near to venue and also the price. Arrived by train and hotel is about 10 minute leisurely walk from Railway Station. Make sure you exit station on airport side. Spoke to someone who got taxi from Railway Station and cost was £4.40. Walked to LG Arena in the evening and this took about 15 minutes, again at a leisurely pace. You have to go via Railway Station as Arena on other side of railway line. There is a pedestrian tunnel but this was not open.

Hotel was very good. Room was spacious and clean. Very good service in hotel. A pint of Becks lager with lime was £3.60. Had bar meal which was very good. Cost for most bar meals is £7.99.For smokers there is a covered seated smoking area just outside bar area. You also go this way to reach footpath that leads from rear of hotel to NEC/LG Arena/Railway Station. Had breakfast in the morning which was very good. Cost for breakfast is £10.

Was glad I had booked this hotel when I saw the queues of people waiting after the show for the shuttle buses.

Would use this hotel again if visiting the NEC/LG Arena. Good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear VisitorfromDevon,

Thank you for your review, and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and your night at the adjacent LG arena!

We are very convenient for LG Arena, and I am sorry to learn that the tunnel wasn't open on that night, it is supposed to be, so I will mention this to the team at LG Arena - hopefully next time we can shave another five minutes off your journey!

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited the NEC and found this hotel by accident. (Happy Acccident). Twin bedded room very comfortably and well furnished. Impeccably clean . All staff very helpful and friendly (despite being age 59 was asked if I was there for the One Direction gig!). Food in the restaurant was excellent - no gripes at all. Would heartily recommend this to anyone. Close to NEC just a 5 minute taxi ride.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shina W

Dear Shina W,

Thank you for your feedback! I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have worked on the restaurant menu recently, and are getting a lot of positive feedback from our guests, so I am pleased you are in agreement with them!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, when you are next in Birmingham.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is our second time here. First time we stayed in room 254. The room was old, it smelt like an ash tray even with the windows open, the wall paper was hanging off in places and webs all the way around the room. The second visit was not any better. We booked a double room and was give a twin. So we had to go back and change rooms. We had breakfast in our room the next morning. No cold drinks no knifes or spoons and no sugar for our hot drinks. Saturday night and there was a wedding on . The disco was that loud we could not hear our tv. why they would put someone in a room above a wedding party when the hotel had plenty of empty room is unbelievable. When I phoned to ask about the time it would finish I was told I could get dressed and change rooms again at this time it was 12.10 in the morning. I will not stay here again. The next course I will stay some where else and travel in.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in new part
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for your feedback, and I am very sorry to learn of your experience, especially as a returning customer from a previously poor experience.

The hotel has a very strict policy not to place non-party guests over the main function room, and therefore I agree, you absolutely should not have been in this room, and this will be addressed with my Front of House Manager and team to ensure that this does not re-occur.

I am also very disappointed to hear about your room service breakfast, which we generally get very positive responses to. I will investigate with our brasserie team as there is no reason there should have been missing items from your breakfast tray.

I would appreciate if you have the time in the next few weeks that you give me a call directly at the hotel to discuss your stay experience further, as I am very disheartened to learn that you have had negative feedback on your stay, following on from a previously under rated experience.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited the Arden for mothers day i was very disappointed, I have spent the last 15 plus years visiting for Sunday lunch and many partys, you dont mind paying the extra for mothers day but why cut down on the food,who ever has a sunday lunch without boiled potatoes, they put a roast potatoes on your plate even when it was not ordered when my daughter asked for a potatoe we were told they were not serving them today why was it because it was more important to fill the hotel rather than what was served, I will never book a mothers day again or any other special day when you need to book so many in rather than custom care.Margaret T

Room Tip: stayed many times suites are the best
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sharend,

Thank you for choosing Arden Hotel for Mothering Sunday, I am sorry to learn you didn't enjoy the experience on the day.

Our new Head Chef, Richard Green, is very actively involved in new menu development at the moment, and your comments and feedback are appreciated so that we can ensure we meet everyone's expectations going forward.

I hope you do reconsider, and take the opportunity to come back and try us again in the future, as we develop a wider selection of dishes and a Mothering Sunday lunch that meets all expectations.

Thank you again for your comments and feedback.

Michael Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#30 of 118 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Been to Arden Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!