“Really friendly staff and a great place to stay”

Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bickenhill
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stay very often at the hotel on business and can't fault it. Really friendly staff on reception. stayed in a number of the rooms and they are all up to standard. Hotel has good leisure facilities. Great location for NEC and airport!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Stickman_blue
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Stickman_blue,

Thanks for your review, and I am pleased that you are consistently happy with your stays with us.

If there is any more we can do to assist, please let me or the front desk team know during your next stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting at the Hotel in October 2012, which was well executed and well priced by the hotel.

Our nights sleep was good, if not excellent but the whole hotel felt a little bit, well, old. When there is not an event on at the O2 be warned this is a hotel absolutely crammed full of travelling salesmen types - not something I had experienced for a while but nothing untoward about it.

The meal we had the evening previously was exceedingly tasty, and I'd recommend the Mushroom Strogonoff to future residents of the hotel. Spot on.

Service was friendly throughout but nothing spectacular.

The hotel is a quick walk (if you know the back way!!, via the industrial estate, just keep walking until you see it! - it's alot longer following the road signs) from Birmingham International Station, and thus from Birmingham Airport and the NEC.

I would return on a work meeting visit due the location, well priced facilities and good food - but don't expect anything outstanding here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear PhilAndrews77,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at the Arden Hotel.

I appreciate your feedback with regards to your stay, and take on board your comments with regards to the hotel, and I am pleased that you found the service to be friendly and courteous.

We are continuoulsy reviewing our bedrooms, and are currently in the process of reviewing a few of our rooms and highlighting a few that are in need of a change. We aim to offer a good value proposition to all, as highlighted in your reviews, and I appreciate the feedback with regards to the quality of your sleep and the comfort of your stay.

As mentioned in your review, you would look to return to us when next in the area, and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just returned from the Arden having seen Andre Rieu at the LG Arena.

Very pleasant hotel, and the room was clean and presentable. The food in the bar was very tasty and the staff were very helpful both in the bar and on reception.

We did not have time to visit the Leisure Centre, so cannot comment on that.

All in all an enjoyable stay and would return to the Arden again if we decide to visit the LG Arena next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterboroughJoan
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear PeterboroughJoan,

Thankyou for choosing us for your concert at the LG Arena, I am really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that when you return to us next time, your schedule allows you an opportunity to use our Pool and Leisure Club. (I know how busy these trips can get though!)

On behalf of myself and the team at the Arden we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as we were attending my husbands work do which was at the hotel and by staying we could use the spa facilities beforehand, get ready with no rush and then have a drink if we wanted too without worrying about driving home. The spa was fine, the steam room hot and steamy. The room was basic but clean, although the bed was a double it seemed small. The pillows were the problem they were so thin they would have been rejected by pound land. The result was no sleep and leaving the hotel at 5am to go home and get a proper sleep, so I have no idea what breakfast is like. Next year if the DO is there I will be going home afterwards,

Room Tip: take your own pillows
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Welltravelled002,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on the issues you experienced at Arden Hotel.

I am very disheartened to hear that your sleep was disrupted and have taken on board the comments you have made with regards to the pillows, and we will review and replace some of the stock where necessary.

Obviously we feel that your husbands Christmas Party should have been a fun occassion and I am so sorry to learn that this may have caused you to have not enjoyed your night's sleep following this. Your comments will be taken very seriously, and we will continue to improve the quality of pillows, as part of our ongoing investment in guest experience.

We hope to welcome you back to us at Arden Hotel for your husbands party again next year.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Last night was our annual xmas do. Having had such a succesful event the previous year, we booked again. What a complete difference. The meal was dire in the extreme. Meagre portions and very poorly prepared. This year we decided to stay the night allowing us the freedom to enjoy a more complete night. The room,( 177) although clean was extremely dire. Small bed, one miniscule pillow each.Thus a poor nights sleep was had. Infact my wife had none at all. As a result we booked out at 0515hrs, deciding to right of the experience as well as breakfast. Certainly not worth th £60.
Never again, nor would recommend. Next time we'd utilise Premier Inns or a Travel Lodge, far better level of room etc.
Saying that, we all had a very good evening. Excellent barstaff.

Room Tip: Book into a Premier Inn
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear ukwelshman,

Thank you for your comments with regards to your Christmas Party Night at our hotel this year. I am very sorry to learn that we didn't meet either of your expectations this year.

As always, at the end of the Christmas period, we feedback we have received and although generally it has been very positive this year, I am obviously very concerned that this has not echoed your experience and we will take this into account when reviewing for next year.

I also take on board the comments you have made with regards to the room, and the lack of sleep your wife received. I have reviewed the room and your wife's comments (in a different review) and we will ensure this is addressed, as you should not have been unhappy with your stay.

My team are available 24 hours a day to address any issues you may have during your stay, so please dont hesitate to let us know, we are here for you to ensure your time with us is enjoyable.

Whilst I appreciate your comments with regards to Premier Inn and Travelodge as your future stay choice, however should you wish to try us again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival, so I can ensure your return stay is a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed in the Arden to enable us to attend a concert at the LG Arena...The location couldn't have been better. The staff were courteous and welcoming throughout, the room was clean and tidy, and the bar was keenly priced. Whilst we didn't eat, the bar menu again was well priced...unlike over hotels where drinks and food are over-priced. Will definitely keep on my stay again list.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stu W

Dear Stu W,

Thank you for your feedback!

I appreciate your comments with regards to the bar pricing. All our menu pricing in general we monitor closely, as we want to offer value for money, which we know is very unusual in a 3* hotel these days.

Look forward to welcoming you back very soon to the hotel.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night for Birmingham airport as we had a 7am flight and left our car.
Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean and fresh.
The only thing we found was that the heating could not cope in the vast bar areas, although there were small fan heaters around.
In all a very well priced hotel for the night with parking. We paid £50 and could never grumble at that (parking would have cost that in the airport) a taxi over to the airport costs £6.80.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Traceyand Paul,

I hope you had a good trip, and are settled back having enjoyed a Merry Christmas.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your comments with regards to the heating in our Burgundy Bar area, it is an area we have addressed with a matter of urgency, the last thing we want is cold guests!

I look forward to your return for your next trip, and thanks for taking an opportunity to rate us and comment on your stay.

Michael Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#30 of 118 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Been to Arden Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!